Profile for smooths > Reviews

"smooths"

Logical Progression Vol.1: Mixed By Ltj Bukem
Logical Progression Vol.1: Mixed By Ltj Bukem

5.0 out of 5 stars Sounds of the underground!, 8 May 2003
A superb progressive D&B album! Bukem does it again!
Disc one takes you on a journey of new intelligent breaks (and some wicked remixes) which in my opinion are varied jazzy and awesome. MC Conrad chats along in the background to add more mood. This is ok.....However I would prefer no MC, but that is personal choice!
Disc two takes you back to the classics and BOY are they classics....sounds that take me way back to the days of the Warehouse parties I loved so much. The only thing that lets it down is that it is not mixed.....which is a shame as Bukem has a great style (I know, I am just getting picky now)
If you like your D&B/Jungle smooth and intelligent then but this album. If you don't then at least give it a try. The sounds are perfect for a big chill after a heavey nights clubbing
Massive respect to LTJ Bukem who is keeping the origional sound alive! Cant wait for the next installment.
Smooths

2001-Fashion TV-Spring Summer
2001-Fashion TV-Spring Summer

5.0 out of 5 stars The amazing journey of sound!, 18 Mar. 2003
This has got to be one of the best mixes of deep house, chilled sounds and even latino house!
On hearing the first tune 'cry me a river' I thought I wasn't going to like this at all (not my kinda thing but not bad) Then it hit me! tune after tune of absolute bliss. Deep old school bass lines, subliminal latino beats followed by a more up tempo funky house finish.
This is a must for any serious house/electro music fans out there. I cannot wait till payday when I will be ordering the 2002 collection and the new pete tong mix!
Please! if you do anything this summer, buy this album slam it on in your car and just let it take you away!
Smooths