Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's
Profile for Jimb'o > Reviews

Content by Jimb'o

Jimb'o (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
The Wind in the Willows: With 32 Illustrations and a Free Audio Link.
The Wind in the Willows: With 32 Illustrations and a Free Audio Link.

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Poor Edition of One of the Best Children's Stories Ever, 20 April 2017
Don't waste your money on this version!

I was expecting to read this to my niece and have her look forward to the illustrations as they appear in the story. Not so!

This is just the story with no illustrations, then a load of poorly copied illustrations from the original book right at the end.

This is an absolute rip-off of a timeless children's classic. Do not buy and further fund the rogues who are selling this edition.

Clarke Rotary Soil Sieve CRS400
Clarke Rotary Soil Sieve CRS400
Offered by e sell it

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product. Easy to Assemble, Easy to Use, 20 April 2017
A must for any gardener who has compost to sieve.

I had absolutely no issues with assembly, took ten minutes to put together, including the time it took looking for my adjustable spanner (that was buried deep in my "man drawer")!

In use it couldn't be easier. As other users have mentioned, it can be placed in a barrow to save bending over. It easily separates the 'rubbish' in the compost with very little effort.

I noticed a comment saying the sieve holes are too large and letting stones through. From my viewpoint the only 'stones' that can get through are no bigger than fairly fine grit. And that is absolutely fine in my compost.
I have read reviews of similar rotary sieves with a finer mesh, but every single one states that they clog constantly. So I think this one has it just right.

If you wish to use this to sieve soil you will have difficulty if the soil is moist/wet or in particular if it is predominantly clay. Whatever you're sieving it is recommended that it is as dry as possible.

Shares Made Simple: A beginner's guide to the stock market
Shares Made Simple: A beginner's guide to the stock market
by Rodney Hobson

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Easy to Understand... A Vital Book for all Potential Investors, 20 April 2017
I have been share dealing for a number of years now and was curious to read this book to see if I could learn anything new.

First of all, I found it extremely readable, written in such a manner as not to be heavy and laborious. Yes, there is some very basic information, but I'd expect that for a 'beginner's guide'.

However, it was useful to me even though I've been investing in shares for many years. I wish I'd come across this book before I'd started investing, maybe I might have avoided some of the mistakes I made in the early days.

I can't recommend this book enough for anyone interested in investing in shares. An invaluable tool that is extremely easy to read and understand.

Flash Diffuser Speedlight Softbox Kit - 20cm Octagon Softbox + 20x15cm Softbox for Speedlight Set, Universal Mount for Canon Nikon etc
Offered by Inno Technology UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value and Great Results, 20 April 2017
Excellent value for money and give good results.

They were a little fiddly to assemble the first couple of times, but once I was familiar with them it was quick and simple.

I use them on two Canon Speedlite flashes with great results, from portraits, to close-ups, to eBay photos. Very versatile and easy to use, thoroughly recommended.

MIDWEC 6pcs New Version Replacement Clip Accessory Pack For Fitbit ONE Anti Slip Off and Improved Cap Design
Offered by Midwec Industry CO.,LTD Europe

5.0 out of 5 stars Superior Quality to the Fitbit branded clip. Thoroughly Recommended., 20 April 2017
An impressive replacement for the Fitbit One clip.

I was dubious about replacing my clip with a non Fitbit branded item. But since two of the original clips had failed I decided to take a chance.

I am really surprised at the quality and how the original Fitbit design has been improved on. I can't praise these enough, and at a much better price than the original item. I'm not sure I'll ever get through all six in the box, I think I will wear out before they do!

If your Fitbit One clip is in need of replacing... Look no further.

A&D Medical Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor with Bluetooth Low Energy Connectivity

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Use and Accurate (but see note ***), 20 April 2017
Absolutely superb. Easy to use and accurate.

The unit works well as a standalone blood pressure monitor or can be used with Samsung 'S Health'.

It linked really easily with my Samsung Note 4 via Bluetooth, and with S Health running the blood pressure reading is automatically transferred to the phone within 10 seconds of taking the measurement.

This couldn't be easier to use, and a check with my doctor confirms its accuracy. A neat unit presented in a smart and convenient little bag/case.

***I would make one warning though, the A&D app that is suggested would not download for me, stating it was not available in UK. I was not concerned since I'd always intended to use 'S Health'. So those not using a Samsung phone, who want the Bluetooth functionality, may want to look into app availability before purchasing.***

Starhide Mens RFID PROTECTION Distressed Hunter Brown Genuine Leather Trifold Wallet Gift Boxed #1145
Offered by WALLETS KING

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Wallet I've Owned, 17 Mar. 2017
I've had a number of wallets, and this is up with the best. Considering the relatively low price it looks great and has all the functionality of one twice the price.
It easily fits 6 credit cards/loyalty cards, though you can fit two in each slot. There are two note/receipt slots which are large enough for all UK currency. An SD card and micro SD card slot are extremely useful, and unlike the experience of other reviewers, they are a perfect fit. Finally, there are two clear slots for drivers licence, etc. Hopefully my photos better illustrate this.
...and on top of all of this it's RFID safe and looks really good.
Comment Comment | Permalink

TFA 30.1042 Refrigerator Thermometer Frostmaster
TFA 30.1042 Refrigerator Thermometer Frostmaster

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Freezer Thermometer, 17 Mar. 2017
This is perfect, particularly for freezers with clear drawers or doors. It sticks easily to the inside of the plastic drawer and can be easily read through the plastic. Much better than using a cabled sensor with an exterior display, you get no problems with frost build up where a cable distorts the door seal.
I have tested it against other thermometers and am extremely happy with the accuracy. It's easy to set up °C or °F and also reset max and min readings.
An excellent choice for any freezer.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Manuscript Italic Master Fountain Pen
Manuscript Italic Master Fountain Pen

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Pen for a Great Price, 17 Mar. 2017
I always write with a fountain pen... I've gone through quite a few looking for the best for my writing style. The task seemed even harder looking for a suitable calligraphy pen.

I took a chance with this, though thought it possibly a bit cheap.

Yes, it's relatively cheap, but it writes like a dream. I learnt the art of calligraphy many years ago at school using scratchy dip pens, so I wasn't expecting much better. But this pen is smooth to write with and the ink flow is spot on with no sudden dry scratches.

I can't recommend this enough. It's just as suited to an experienced calligrapher as a beginner.

6 x Lock and Lock 600ml Plastic Food Storage Container HPL933
6 x Lock and Lock 600ml Plastic Food Storage Container HPL933
Offered by CutPriceDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for Freezer Use, 16 Mar. 2017
Brilliant for the freezer. They hold two generous portions of homemade soup, curry, stew, etc.
My only warning would be to avoid using in the microwave if the food has a reasonable fat content. The fat would get too hot and damage the plastic.
For me, I empty the frozen contents into a saucepan to avoid any possible damage.
They wash quite happily in the upper basket of a dishwasher.
I have now had them for 6 months with regular freezer and dishwasher use with no degradation of the product, and the seal is as good as new.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13