Profile for Mr. P. Davies > Reviews

LITTLE GIANT 554471 VCMA-20S PUMP
Offered by PipeLagging

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable condensate pump, 24 Feb. 2017
This review is from: LITTLE GIANT 554471 VCMA-20S PUMP
Just writing this to balance the single 1* review. I've used dozens of these in my job as a laboratory service engineer, mainly for the waste of ice machines. If you don’t know what these do: you put your water waste outlet pipe into one of the holes (where the black caps are in the in the photo) and when the container gets full the float switch is triggered and the it pumps the water out of the nozzle (which you need to attach some tubing to) and into the waste pipe or wherever you put the other end of the tubing.
Very reliable.
The only issues I have is that there is always an inch or two of water in the container and after a while you can get a sticky algae type growth in there ,and eventually the float switch might get stuck and you’ll get a flood. But taking the container off and cleaning it and the floats occasionally will keep it running problem free for years.
It doesn’t come with a plug as they are often used in places where you wouldn’t use one, like attached to an air conditioner in the ceiling space of an office. Doesn’t come with tubing. Has 2 different nozzle sizes which you can remove easily with an adjustable spanner.

Pioneer PL-990 Turntable - Black
Pioneer PL-990 Turntable - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Speed control fault, 27 Jan. 2016
Worked fine the 1st couple of times I used it, and it sounded great through my amp. But a few days later the speed would increase and decrease randomly on its own. Had to send it back for a refund and am now looking for an alternative.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 18, 2016 10:09 PM GMT

MAS Martial Arts Kung fu Slippers (9 UK)
MAS Martial Arts Kung fu Slippers (9 UK)
Offered by Eastern Sports

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite comfortable, 24 Oct. 2015
I only use them at jujitsu training before getting on the mat, or when coming off it. For that they are perfect, and quite comfortable. They're loose, but I need to kick them on and off easily, so that doesn't bother me.

WETSHOES by Two Bare Feet - Unisex Adults / Childrens - 8 BLUE.
WETSHOES by Two Bare Feet - Unisex Adults / Childrens - 8 BLUE.
Offered by Mikes Diving Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, fit well, 23 Oct. 2015
Purchased for use when I go kayaking. Comfortable, fit well, haven't fallen off when I've fallen in the river. The inner soles fell out after several uses, so I have to poke them back in before I use them. This is fine once you have them on.

MAR Plain Free Standing Punching Bag (NCAT-262A)
MAR Plain Free Standing Punching Bag (NCAT-262A)
Offered by Quality Martial Arts Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Punchy punchy, 23 Oct. 2015
I called customer service before ordered to ask when it would be delivered as I was at home for a few days, and there's no next day delivery option on Amazon. They did suggest I buy from their site as next day delivery is an option there, but I was using a load of Amazon vouchers so it wasn't an option. I ordered on amazon and it arrived next day anyway :)
Simple to assemble. I filled with water, but didn't notice a pin sized hole along the seam half way down the side of the base (as visible in picture)...emptied half the water out using a bit of tubing as a syphon, put a spot of superglue on the hole, and refilled. So check for holes before filling if using water. It does say you can use water or sand on the assembly instructions; it'll make it easier to empty if I ever need to move it far. Other than that it is a very nice quality punch bag, and it can take a good pounding of kicks, punches, elbow strikes etc, without moving too much (I'm using on a carpeted floor).

Total Film
Total Film

1.0 out of 5 stars broken, 25 May 2013
This review is from: Total Film (App)
I subscribed and downloaded the current issue a month ago with no problems. The latest issue came out about 3 weeks ago and still has not appeared on the `Buy` page. I've tried all the help given, such as uninstalling and reinstalling, to no avail. Future Publishing have not responded to my email for help, but have started spamming my email account with adverts for their other magazines. Buy at the risk of paying a year's subscription for one issue.

Ambiance
Ambiance

1.0 out of 5 stars does not work on kindle, 19 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Ambiance (App)
I have this on my 2nd gen iPod Touch and has invaluable for helping me get to sleep. Unfortunately on the Kindle Fire HD the audio clips loop with a second or two of silence as they re-start. There are complaints about this on their help page, and they say they're going to fix it, so you should put off buying this until they do.

FLASH SUPERSTORE HTC SENSATION MESH STYLE SLIM CLIP ON PROTECTION CASE/COVER/SKIN BLACK

1.0 out of 5 stars Fell apart within a week, 31 Oct. 2011
I keep my phone in my trouser pocket with only a soft wallet for company. Within a week the black surface was worn away in parts, revealing the white plastic beneath, and bits started falling off it. As the case is covered in holes is breaks apart easily, and now looks like someone has been nibbling away at it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars I quit smoking straight away, 21 Jun. 2011
I was smoking about 7 cigarettes a day during the week, and about 20 a day at the weekend. The day I received this kit was the day I stopped smoking.
I wasn't sure when I ordered this if it would work for me, so I went for the cheapest package, and I'm not regretting it at all. I had faults with 2 of the older style batteries, which aren't sold any more, but they were replaced quickly by Jac Vapour. I received 3 batteries with the original order, as they were known to be a bit unreliable, but I'm assured the new batteries are a lot better.
I complained about the 2 faulty batteries on a Saturday and two new batteries turned up in the post on Monday!

I prefer the V3 cartridges which are now standard, to the value carts which came with mine. There's more vapour and they seem to last longer. I've tried 4 different carts (all 18mg): V3 Mint and Vanilla, and the value Tobacco and Menthol carts. The V3 Mint are by far my favourite, the Vanilla is a little sweet for my taste but still pleasant. The value Tobacco and Mint are also very pleasant. A V3 cartridge lasts me from a day and a half, to two days. One fully charged battery lasts me a day, but I'd recommend buying an additional one so you're not caught short.

I'd recommend putting the rubber sleeves back on the carts when you're not going to use them for a while, as they'll dry out quicker if you leave them attached to the battery.

Even though I had a couple of dodgy batteries, which shouldn't be an issue with this product now there's a new version, I'm still giving it 5 stars as the service was outstanding and I'm really happy that I've finally given up smoking after about 18 years. I've even been out drinking, which is always the situation that always draws me back to cigarettes, and have been contented to puff away on this instead, while others smoke around me. I go to the gym a lot, and it's a hell of a lot easier to work out now I don't smoke.

Underworld [DVD] [2003]
Underworld [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Kate Beckinsale|Michael Sheen|Shane Brolly
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars I is loving it also, 28 Feb. 2004
This review is from: Underworld [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
I can't believe how many people are criticising this movie, I thought it was excellent. Ignore reviewers getting upset that they are breaking the laws of vampires and werewolves, like vampires having reflections and the Lycans being able to run on walls. Hollywood made up most of those "laws" and they've been tweaked and changed in countless movies. Plus "ITS A MOVIE! ITS NOT REAL!"
The dark look of the movie is fantastic and not as blue as the theatre release, more The Crow darkness than Blade darkness. The action and special effects are highly entertaining and focus more on gun play rather than scratching and biting. No CG overload, the wolf suits and other make-up effects are very effective. Kate Beckinsale looks amazing, as sexy and pouting as you could ever want from a hero in film like this. The script isn't ramming the exposition down your throat like in a lot of movies, you can work out what's going on yourself or wait as the twists unfurl towards the end of the movie. Overall I really enjoyed the story element of this film; I was expecting it to be a bit more shallow.
So, if you like gunplay, gripping action, a good story, fangs, claws and cooly sexy ladies who pack heat, then watch this movie. Please make this a series!

Page: 1 | 2