Profile for SIMON > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Sea Dream
Sea Dream

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 May 2016
This review is from: Sea Dream (Audio CD)
Cages in particular is brilliant.

John Garcia
John Garcia
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars His best work since Kyuss., 3 July 2015
This review is from: John Garcia (Audio CD)
Best album he's recorded since Kyuss. Best track: Rolling Stoned (the 1.5 minute intro is amazing).

Acctim 33282 Falkenburg Mantel Clock, Cream
Acctim 33282 Falkenburg Mantel Clock, Cream

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended., 13 Jun. 2015
I bought a black one (which actually looks a very dark brown) for the lounge. I was so pleased with it, I bought a cream one for the hall. These clocks are a bargain. They look expensive and keep perfect time. Highly recommended.

Bose ® AE2w Bluetooth Headphones - Black
Bose ® AE2w Bluetooth Headphones - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Bose AE2w : better than others I've tried., 13 May 2014
I searched for comfortable Bluetooth headphones with good sound quality starting with Sennheiser MM500x, then Philips Fidelio M1BT, then Sony MDR1RBT and ended up with Bose AE2w.

I found the Sennheiser and Philips headphones very uncomfortable. So much so that they hurt me with prolonged use. Good sound quality, though.

The Sony headphones are comfortable but had skipping issues with my Apple iPad. Sound quality not as good as the Bose.

I've also tried on the Beats Studio BT (but not listened to them) and found them to be uncomfortable.

In comparison to all the others I've tried, the Bose are by far the best for comfort. I wear them for up to a complete drain of a full charge (about 7 hours) and they do not hurt me at all. The sound quality is also excellent in my opinion, so much so that I am hearing things I've not heard before. No problems with connectivity either.

The one downside with the Bose is that a full charge only lasts about 7 hours. They recharge in under 2 hours. Timings v approx!

Bluetooth headphones are where it's at and are a joy to use. The Bose ones are the best I've found and I'm seriously considering buying another pair to supplement the pair I've got.

Highly recommended and reasonably priced in comparison with the others referred to.

Photo Finish
Photo Finish

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, 18 April 2014
This review is from: Photo Finish (Audio CD)
This is Rory Gallagher's best LP in my opinion. More commercial than a lot of his stuff which is probably why I like it so much. Some truly great tracks.

Cambridge Audio Minx Go - portable speakers (2.1 system, Wireless, Battery, Universal, Black, Bluetooth)
Offered by Tech Nuts

5.0 out of 5 stars Minx Go, 3 Mar. 2014
Got mine in black last June and have used it daily ever since with my iPad. No problems whatsoever since I bought it. It is brilliant for the kitchen, bathroom and bedroom.

For:

Nothing

Sony MDR1RBT Wireless Bluetooth Prestige Headphones - Black
Sony MDR1RBT Wireless Bluetooth Prestige Headphones - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Sound terrible, 20 Nov. 2013
I took delivery of the Sony MDR1RBT headphones yesterday and they sound terrible. I therefore fail to understand the reviews praising the sound quality.

I've only used them for 3 or 4 hours. Do they require running in? If so, for how long and by how much is the sound quality likely to improve?

Ps I've been using them with an iPad 4 with music sourced from Spotify Premium.

Edit: After using them for several more hours, the sound quality remains poor. I've also noted there is no CE mark stamped on the headphones. I have concluded they must be fake and I will now have to go to the trouble of returning them to Amazon for a refund.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 6, 2014 5:28 PM GMT

It's Only a Movie
It's Only a Movie
Offered by Stewybus

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good, 19 Oct. 2013
This review is from: It's Only a Movie (Audio CD)
This is not a good album. Buffet Tea For Two is 5 star but the rest is weak. A shame. In comparison and in order of preference, Family Entertainment, Music In A Dolls House, A Song For Me and Bandstand are all 5 star. Anyway was another disappointment but much better than this. RIP Jim King.

The Next Day
The Next Day

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST BOWIE ALBUM EVER IMO, 19 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The Next Day (Audio CD)
I just felt I needed to say this album is a work of genius. Whereas I like much of what David Bowie has done in the past, he has never been up there with my own personal favourites until I heard this. Not only is this by far the best Bowie I've ever heard, it's firmly up there with the best albums of all time in my opinion. Sheer brilliance from start to finish. Truly awesome stuff.

Fate Of Nations
Fate Of Nations

5.0 out of 5 stars Robert Plant's best album., 6 May 2012
This review is from: Fate Of Nations (Audio CD)
This is in my opinion Robert Plant's best post Zeppelin album. Best track is The Greatest Gift, but all tracks are good.

Page: 1 | 2