Profile for Carla Sofia > Reviews

Content by Carla Sofia

Carla Sofia (Lisbon, portugal)

The Impressionist
The Impressionist
by Hari Kunzru

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly surprising, 29 Jan. 2004
This review is from: The Impressionist (Paperback)
The story is susprising from the first to the last page. Throughout the book, we are involved in a story that questions the common notion of identity. The whole story is quite interesting and Hari Kunzru has a deep way of writing that connects us to the main character of the book. Ultimately, it makes us ask ourselves: am I my true self or am I who the others want me to be? Who am I, really? Who could I be?

Colour: Travels Through the Paintbox
Colour: Travels Through the Paintbox
by Victoria Finlay

5.0 out of 5 stars Tremendously beautiful, 29 Jan. 2004
When you take things for granted you usually do not understand their importance and beauty. This happens with colours. Victoria Finlay's book invites us to look at our surrounding world with different eyes and teaches us to stare with fascination at colours. It is a beautiful book that takes us on a journey around the world, allowing us to meet extremely interesting people that have so much to tell on something as beautiful as colours. When you finish reading it, you wish the rainbow had not only 7, but hundreds of colours!!! A must read for curious minds....