Profile for Jaksenpollock > Reviews

Harkila Forester Wellingtons 17" 3Mm H-Vent Dark Olive 9
Harkila Forester Wellingtons 17" 3Mm H-Vent Dark Olive 9
Offered by BushWear

4.0 out of 5 stars Well Made But......., 12 Oct. 2017
These are well made and have excellent grip in muddy conditions thanks to the vibram sole. The grippy sole is what caused me to buy them instead of another pair of muckboots.

These replace a pair of Muckboots, Muckmasters which I loved. I’ve been wearing the Harkilas for a couple of months and they are just getting worn in now. In comparison so far to the muckboots they are very heavy and don’t fit so snugly. The Harkilas grip better and give the impression of being more robust although my muckboots lasted very well. The Harkilas have a sole insert you can remove for thicker socks but I’m a 9 and I can wear thick socks without removing the insert. Like the Muckboots you order your size, there’s no need to order a size bigger.

I got these on amazon for around £50 off and I don’t think I would part with the full price for them. I will give them a good go over the coming winters wet weather, I walk around 6 miles a day in muddy conditions and they are comfortable but I’ll be very surprised if I don’t go back to the cheaper, lighter, comfier muckboots next time though.

NiteSafe Rechargeable Nightlight with 4 Function LED Power Failure Light and Torch
Offered by Pizzazz

5.0 out of 5 stars It’s like the manufacturers just can’t help themselves, 12 Oct. 2017
I keep this in my shed charging on a socket all the time and because of the charging system it is very convenient. The bottom of the torch glows with a soft orange light so you know where it is and the torch switches on automatically when you lift it out the charger. To charge you just drop the torch in the charging ring and it charges by induction. No leads or plugs into it required, the charger has a three pin plug integrated into it so you just plug it in and it’s ready for action. It’s simplicity itself and is very well designed.

Negatives: why don’t torches just switch on and off these days. It’s like the manufacturers just can’t help themselves. This isn’t as bad as some but it still has an unnecessary flashing light mode and a low power mode which must be scrolled through to get full power. It’s just irritating. This is not a bright torch, it has a wide beam with no focus which makes half power pretty dull. It’s excellent for in the shed or in the house but I would get something else for eg. Walking the dog.

It’s ideal for my purposes though so I’ve forgiven flashy light mode and given it 5 stars.

Mountain Warehouse Snowdon Mens Micro Fleece - Breathable, Quick Drying, Anti-Pill, Soft & Smooth Micro Fleece Fabric - Great for Layering Brown X-Large
Offered by Mountain Warehouse

3.0 out of 5 stars Craghoppers are better., 12 Oct. 2017
I’m giving this 3 stars because it’s cheap and what you get is probably just about as good as you can expect for the money.

The gripe I have is that the cuffs are poorly finished/designed and even during first wearing they were beginning to stretch and go slack.

I wear micro fleeces for working outside because they’re great layering garments. I’m not looking for fancy hiking gear, just something warm that’ll last a few months so cheapies like this are ideal. Because of the cuff issue I would say there are much better on the market for just a little more and I would definitely recommend the Craghoppers make over these, every time.

Edz Merino Wool Beanie - Olive Green
Edz Merino Wool Beanie - Olive Green
Offered by EDZ Direct

1.0 out of 5 stars Uncomfortably Tight, 17 Aug. 2017
This is a nice well made hat but is way too tight for my 60cm napper. It's like walking about with my head clamped in a vice so I will see if any of the younger family members want it. Otherwise I'll chalk it down to experience and stop buying one size hats on line where i can't try them first.

It's very disappointing because I liked it so I'm giving it one star for crappy sizing info at point of purchase. It would have been 5 stars had it fitted.

Mugig Hand Strengthener Finger Exerciser with Tension Adjustment For Guitar, Piano, Golf, Tennis & Physical Therapy (Strength Range:4Lb-7Lb), ABS Case , Silicone Cushion pad, Inner Metal Mechanism
Offered by mearings

5.0 out of 5 stars Finger Exerciser, 23 April 2017
I recently bought a guitar with medium strings on it (13s) having previously only used light strings and there is a definite improvement since using the exerciser. I started trying to play guitar later in life and though I regret not doing it much, much sooner better late than never eh. Finger strength therefore has been a bit of an issue on the heavier strings but now barring and use of my pinky in particular has gotten a lot better. It's no substitute for actually playing but I keep it next to my chair so I can work on my finger strength while the telly is on. Each finger spring is slightly adjustable so with a bit of tinkering you can set it so you push them all down the same. It's also possible to alternate finger pressure in a sort of undulating motion. Also with a bit of experimentation you'll find that holding it in different ways exercises different muscles in your hand.

I've used it daily for a couple of months now and it's showing no signs of wear and I've seen similar in music stores that cost more. Mine was £5.99 in Jan 2017.

Hakkin 50pcs 9.9 x 9.9 x 2.7mm Rare Earth Super Strong Neodymium Round Magnet N52 for Glass and Magnet Boards

4.0 out of 5 stars Strong But Brittle, 23 April 2017
These are very strong magnets but around 25% of them chipped during use and although still functional will probably disintegrate soon. So if like me your using them as cupboard door catches bear this in mind or better still try something else

Tenura Blue Non Slip Table Mat 35.5 x 25.5cm (Eligible for VAT relief in the UK)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sticky, 25 Mar. 2017
It's sticky and does what it's supposed to do. Your plates, cups etc.. will not slide at all with this, it's the proper stuff as recommended by Occupational Therapists.

Laurel & Hardy Volume 14 - A Job To Do/Classic Shorts [DVD]
Laurel & Hardy Volume 14 - A Job To Do/Classic Shorts [DVD]
Dvd ~ Stan Laurel

3.0 out of 5 stars Yet Another Fine Mess of a Compilation, 25 Mar. 2017
I like Laurel and Hardy a lot but i just can't seem to get the ones I want on the one DVD. There's colour versions of the talkies on this and I can't for the life of me understand why. Anything other than b&w is sacrelige surely. There's also a couple of silents on it which I'm not at all interested in. I can only hope that someday a definitive DVD of the talkies will be made available including all the classics (without the silents or the colour) before the folk like me who appreciate them die off. If not then the greedy gits who are controlling this stuff will then find there's no longer a demand for it and it'll serve them right.

Malva Belle Premium Toenail Clipper/Nipper for Thick and Ingrown Toenails - Full Length Jaw - Manicure and Pedicure Nail Tool - Pink Design
Offered by Vendibelle Storefront

2.0 out of 5 stars Give them a Miss, 25 Mar. 2017
These work fine but are quite small. The points are very sharp and I stabbed my toe on first use causing it to bleed.I had to blunt the points with a hone to prevent it happening again. I'm not that impressed to be honest, I just couldn't be bothered returning them
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 26, 2017 6:20 PM BST

G7th Performance Capo for 6-String Electric/Acoustic Guitar
G7th Performance Capo for 6-String Electric/Acoustic Guitar

5.0 out of 5 stars Works, 25 Mar. 2017
I have a Martin D-15m and my trigger capos just weren't doing the trick. This works perfectly, it's tough, it's robust and it successfully mutes all the strings. It's great.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20