Profile for Jaksenpollock > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 880

Jaksenpollock
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Heroes: A First Law Novel (First Law World 2)
The Heroes: A First Law Novel (First Law World 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars You've Got to Read This, 25 May 2016
This is Abercrombie at his best. Great characters, gritty storylines, realism and above all his unique ability to add humour to every situation. This is a great book and if you like the genre it's definitely a must read. I can't say anymore really, get it.

White Line Fever: Lemmy: The Autobiography
White Line Fever: Lemmy: The Autobiography

5.0 out of 5 stars Legend, 25 May 2016
This was written in a very conversational style to the extent that I could hear Lemmy telling me the story as I read. It was of course a one sided version of events which is to be expected when written by the person but I found it very enjoyable and a great insight into the life of a man who was essentially a good guy. We live in a time where the unique people like Lemmy are sadly leaving us and our culture is the poorer for it.

You don't have to be a Motörhead fan to read this and enjoy it but it will help.

400 x WOODEN COCKTAIL STICKS /TOOTHPICKS - 6.5cm - Home, Kitchen, Bars - FREE DELIVERY
Offered by SLR ONLINE LTD

3.0 out of 5 stars A Bit Rough, 8 May 2016
These sticks are a bit rough and brittle for toothpicks but do the job at a push.

Rustins HRBL500 500ml High Heat Paint - Black
Rustins HRBL500 500ml High Heat Paint - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Finish, 8 May 2016
I made a barbecue out of a calor gas cylinder and having stripped it back to the bare metal I applied a coat of this. I let it dry then lit a fire in it to cure the paint as per instructions.

I've used it a few times now and the finish is still pretty good with a few little rusty bits because I left it out in the rain. ( it's not rust proof )

It's a nice smooth thick finish and I'm going to use it on my fire grate next.

Bluetooth Receiver, TaoTronics Portable Wireless Audio Adapter with 3.5 mm Stereo Output (Bluetooth 4.0, A2DP, Built-in Microphone) for Home Audio Music Streaming Sound System / Bluetooth Car Kits
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Jam City, 26 April 2016
i plug this amazing little gizmo into the MP3 socket on my 30 watt Marshall practice amp, call up one of the many backing tracks from you tube on my iPad and through the magic of Bluetooth I have a very enjoyable guitar jamming/practice tool. Plug my headphones in and I can enjoy myself without ruining any one else's day.

The device is compact and can recognise up to 2 devices. It's no bother at all to set up and holds a good charge although you can charge and use at the same time. Bluetooth means it's one cable less to stand on, get tangled in or trip over and if you play electric guitar this is a good thing because there are enough of those already. It can also be used to turn your amp into a music player to either play along or just for listening.

Well worth the small amount of cash.

Rick Stein: From Venice to Istanbul
Rick Stein: From Venice to Istanbul

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Recipes, 29 Feb. 2016
This book is very well written with excellent descriptions of the places visited. I've cooked most of the lamb and poultry dishes and both myself and my wife have enjoyed them. The red pepper paste you make as an ingredient for many of the recipes is absolutely delicious on its own with flat bread or melba toast.
My only issue is with the water quantities given being too much. I've started roughly halving the recipe amounts other wise your left with a pot of soup to reduce at the end of cooking. Otherwise a pretty good book.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 23, 2016 9:11 PM BST

Muck Boots MuckMaster Neoprene Wellington Boot - Black or Moss Green
Muck Boots MuckMaster Neoprene Wellington Boot - Black or Moss Green
Price: £70.00 - £110.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Wellie Protection, Slipper Comfort, 24 Feb. 2016
I've worn these all winter walking the dog and in the garden and they are very comfortable and warm. The furthest I've walked in them has been about 7 miles and that for me is unbelievable for a pair of wellies. I found them too warm for the warmer months though.

Flanimals
Flanimals
by Ricky Gervais

4.0 out of 5 stars Partial Success, 24 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Flanimals (Hardcover)
Two of my grandkids aged 5 and 9 love this and won't put it down. Two, both aged 7 couldn't be less interested and the 13 year old, well she's not interested in anything much really. Not when any adults are looking anyway so I can't say what she thinks. Adolescents now there's an idea for a Flanimal book.

Apple iPad iPAD 2 5 in 1 Camera Connection Kit
Apple iPad iPAD 2 5 in 1 Camera Connection Kit
Offered by World's Goods

1.0 out of 5 stars Won't Conect to IPod Nano, 19 Feb. 2016
I bought this in the hope that I could get my iPad 2 and my old iPod nano to synch without having to use my Windows laptop as an intermediary. It doesn't work for this I'm afraid even though I was led to believe that it might.

Magnetic Tool Holder Set 3pc 200-300-450mm (8-12-18in.)
Magnetic Tool Holder Set 3pc 200-300-450mm (8-12-18in.)
Offered by LightingandMobileAccessoriesUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Holders, Dodgy Packaging, 19 Feb. 2016
These support a wide array of tools and beat the clip variety hands down in my opinion. They also work just as well as my other set which is a different, more expensive make. The only quibble I have is with the packaging which was thin at the end. This meant that my floor tiles took a serious audible thump when the parcel fell through the letter box.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20