Profile for Jaksenpollock > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Fiskars UK 1000555 S92 18 cm Universal Garden Scissors - Black
Fiskars UK 1000555 S92 18 cm Universal Garden Scissors - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 13 Aug. 2016
I've kept these in my greenhouse for a couple of months now and they've been used to trim garlic, cut string and wire and prune plants. They complete these tasks with ease and are showing no sign of blunting. I usually inherit my gardening scissors from the house by either nicking them or getting them when they're past it. I'm keeping these a secret in case the tables get turned.

Well worth the money.

Sealey ANV11 Anvil 11kg
Sealey ANV11 Anvil 11kg
Offered by Big Red Toolbox

3.0 out of 5 stars Faux Anvil, 12 Aug. 2016
I can't give this 5 stars cos its cast iron and not steel and it loses another star for the enamelled and dumpy horn but if all you want is a solid lump of metal to batter on for general small scale metalwork jobs then it does the trick. If you can possibly get an old steel one like the many I saw thrown out for scrap in the 60s and 70s that are scarce and expensive nowadays then don't part with it.

BQLZR Chrome Beautiful Brass Guitar Bridge Pins End Pin Set
BQLZR Chrome Beautiful Brass Guitar Bridge Pins End Pin Set
Offered by Dstore(8-18days arrive by free shipping)

5.0 out of 5 stars Acoustic Guitar Bling, 12 Aug. 2016
These look great on my guitar, adding a bit of extra bling and consequently in my opinion, improving the look of it. My pal who recommended them believes they improve the sound as well and he's a stonkingly good guitarist whereas I'm a relative novice. I can't tell the difference in the sound so have reviewed them purely on looks but what do I know?

Definitely worth a try given the small price paid

The Heroes: A First Law Novel (First Law World 2)
The Heroes: A First Law Novel (First Law World 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars You've Got to Read This, 25 May 2016
This is Abercrombie at his best. Great characters, gritty storylines, realism and above all his unique ability to add humour to every situation. This is a great book and if you like the genre it's definitely a must read. I can't say anymore really, get it.

White Line Fever: Lemmy: The Autobiography
White Line Fever: Lemmy: The Autobiography

5.0 out of 5 stars Legend, 25 May 2016
This was written in a very conversational style to the extent that I could hear Lemmy telling me the story as I read. It was of course a one sided version of events which is to be expected when written by the person but I found it very enjoyable and a great insight into the life of a man who was essentially a good guy. We live in a time where the unique people like Lemmy are sadly leaving us and our culture is the poorer for it.

You don't have to be a Motörhead fan to read this and enjoy it but it will help.

400 x WOODEN COCKTAIL STICKS /TOOTHPICKS - 6.5cm - Home, Kitchen, Bars - FREE DELIVERY
Offered by SLR ONLINE LTD

3.0 out of 5 stars A Bit Rough, 8 May 2016
These sticks are a bit rough and brittle for toothpicks but do the job at a push.

Rustins HRBL500 500ml High Heat Paint - Black
Rustins HRBL500 500ml High Heat Paint - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Finish, 8 May 2016
I made a barbecue out of a calor gas cylinder and having stripped it back to the bare metal I applied a coat of this. I let it dry then lit a fire in it to cure the paint as per instructions.

I've used it a few times now and the finish is still pretty good with a few little rusty bits because I left it out in the rain. ( it's not rust proof )

It's a nice smooth thick finish and I'm going to use it on my fire grate next.

Bluetooth Receiver, TaoTronics Portable Wireless Audio Adapter with 3.5 mm Stereo Output (Bluetooth 4.0, A2DP, Built-in Microphone) for Home Audio Music Streaming Sound System / Bluetooth Car Kits
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Jam City, 26 April 2016
i plug this amazing little gizmo into the MP3 socket on my 30 watt Marshall practice amp, call up one of the many backing tracks from you tube on my iPad and through the magic of Bluetooth I have a very enjoyable guitar jamming/practice tool. Plug my headphones in and I can enjoy myself without ruining any one else's day.

The device is compact and can recognise up to 2 devices. It's no bother at all to set up and holds a good charge although you can charge and use at the same time. Bluetooth means it's one cable less to stand on, get tangled in or trip over and if you play electric guitar this is a good thing because there are enough of those already. It can also be used to turn your amp into a music player to either play along or just for listening.

Well worth the small amount of cash.

Rick Stein: From Venice to Istanbul
Rick Stein: From Venice to Istanbul

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Recipes, 29 Feb. 2016
This book is very well written with excellent descriptions of the places visited. I've cooked most of the lamb and poultry dishes and both myself and my wife have enjoyed them. The red pepper paste you make as an ingredient for many of the recipes is absolutely delicious on its own with flat bread or melba toast.
My only issue is with the water quantities given being too much. I've started roughly halving the recipe amounts other wise your left with a pot of soup to reduce at the end of cooking. Otherwise a pretty good book.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 23, 2016 9:11 PM BST