Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now
Profile for Jaksenpollock > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Black + Decker 350 Watt  Powerfile
Black + Decker 350 Watt Powerfile

3.0 out of 5 stars Short Lived Powertool, 11 Aug. 2015
I've been using this a lot on both wood and metal for the last 4 months. It's great for roughing out awkward shapes, rads and chamfers. I am now a confirmed power file fan and would not be without one. I do lots of different craft work, restore old furniture and make knives from scratch. The power file is used on the lot at various stages and takes the tedium out of many operations. It's not just for roughing though, with a bit of care it can be a finishing tool so always keep some fine grit belts handy. It can be an expensive tool to use if you buy named make belts but the cheap belts work very well on this which is the opposite for my other sanding tools.

Yes I love the power file trouble is the black and decker is wearing out on me. There's a little rubber pad in the blade which keeps needing replaced and it overheats quite badly so when I glue it on it comes loose again. There is a small dust extractor on the back which works well although it needs emptying regularly.

In conclusion its power file yay, black and decker nay and if I can get another under guarantee then fine but if I'm using my own money I'll try another make.

De'Longhi eo2435 sfornatutto midi electric oven, white
De'Longhi eo2435 sfornatutto midi electric oven, white
Offered by SLG Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Simplicity Itself, 3 Aug. 2015
This is as simple to work as you can get and its suiting my 84 year old mother right down to the ground. It's a very efficient oven which cooks any foodstuff you want up to the size of a small chicken. The timer goes up to 2 hours which is far superior to the 1 hour timers on most others advertised. It's safe for an old person as well because the oven switches off when times up so there's less likely hood that things will be forgotten and left to burn, setting off alarms etc.. It's also got a light in it so you can see the food cooking. If you look after a vulnerable adult and you are trying to maintain their independence then I cannot recommend this highly enough. If not and you just want a very good counter top oven then it's good for that as well.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 27, 2015 9:20 PM BST

Panasonic NN-CT552W 27L Slimline Combi Microwave - White.
Panasonic NN-CT552W 27L Slimline Combi Microwave - White.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too Complicated, 3 Aug. 2015
Only having experience of using this combination oven I can't really comment on how easy this is to work relative to other makes. What I can say is that I am generally not bad with gadgets and I found this over complicated. When you do get it working it heats stuff up efficiently as you would expect and works well. Trouble is I'm just not prepared to spend the time learning how to use all the options and functions on it because to coin a phrase, 'life is too short'. I'm making do with using it either as an oven or as a microwave and setting it manually and it's fine for that. This initially belonged to my old mum who just couldn't work it so she gave it to me and I was annoyed enough at its complexity of operation to write this review.

If you're the chief engineer on the Starship Enterprise then this may be for you, otherwise give it a miss

Prof Angled Neck, Blowtorch, Windproof, Electronic, Refillable, Jet Lighter, Gas Turbo, Red, Blue, Green, Black,
Offered by Gadgets n Accessories

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Lighter, 28 July 2015
I've been using this to cut bottles and it's working very well. As a heat source it's much hotter than a candle but with care it's better because dunking the bottle in cold water works well eliminating the Need to use ice. In normal use it beats an ordinary lighter hands down in every respect and I highly recommend it.

Silverline 264949 Hook and Loop Triangle Sheets, 90 mm Set of 10
Silverline 264949 Hook and Loop Triangle Sheets, 90 mm Set of 10

2.0 out of 5 stars Fine on the Straight, Rubbish on the Corners, 27 July 2015
These are very cheap and that's really all they've got going for them because they do not last any length of time. If your only doing flat surfaces then they are not so bad but I have a big sander which is more effective for that. The great strength of the delta sander is its ability to get into corners and these pads wear out in seconds when you try. The better brand pads last longer, are more effective and the workshop isn't littered with used sanding pads when you use them.

Work Expert Garage Shed Magnetic Tool Holder Supplied in a Set of Three Each Tool Holder Measures 18" in Length.
Offered by CLIFFORD JAMES

5.0 out of 5 stars Convenient Tool Storage, 26 July 2015
If your like me and like making stuff then you will have a number of tools you use the most which you prefer to be close at hand. These magnetic bars are ideal for this. Instead of using tools and then cluttering the bench it's simple to just stick them on the magnetic strips and there they stay ready for action. The magnets are very strong and easily hold all the tools shown in the ad. I am very impressed with these and would not be without them, they are pound for pound the most convenient and effective tool storage solution I have seen so far. I will be ordering another set soon.

Adult PORK PIE Trilby Fedora Jute Hessian Hat Band Unisex (Breaking Bad Heisenberg Style) Brown L/XL
Offered by Urban Dealer

4.0 out of 5 stars Too Small so my Wife Claimed it, 24 July 2015
This is a very nice well made hat and I cannot fault the materials or the workmanship because for the money they are first rate. The sizing info is another matter however because at the time of purchase it said large was up to 60cm. It is most definitely not because that is my hat size and this is too small. I think 59cm would be a push fit so 4 stars.

I had long dreamed of having a pork pie hat but quickly realised on looking in the mirror with it forced down over my head that I didn't look like some cool jazz club dude as I had envisioned. Instead I looked like a complete plonker having gotten a few laughs from the people watching. I had to buy a pork pie hat to realise that I don't suit them at all so ho-hum. I didn't need to send it back though because it fitted my wife perfectly who loved it instantly and quickly made it belong to her. She's now wearing it and everyone is telling her how much she suits it. Grrrr.

Rubber Coney Lighter With Flame Lock, Windproof Lighter, Electronic Lighter, Refillable Lighter, Jet Lighter, Gas Lighter, Turbo Lighter, Blowtorch Lighter, Transparent Lighter, See Through Lighter, Clear Lighter,
Offered by Schmoking Hot Deals 4 U

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Lighter, 23 July 2015
Great lighter for lighting my blow torch and camp fires, it lights first time and the lock flame on facility is very handy when cutting bottles but you have to be careful not to forget about it and leave it burning. I can't say if it would catch fire or just run out of gas but I wouldn't like to put it to the test. The case is sturdy for what it is and I'm pleased with it. I've given it 5 stars for quality but I'd give one star for receiving it out of gas. I got it going after a walk to the shop to buy a refill can. Problem is I can never get these things filled factory full from one of these cans. Any top tips are welcome.

Arrived within time.

Disposable Syringe 10 pack -20ml
Disposable Syringe 10 pack -20ml
Offered by Nightingale Nursing Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Inaccurate Product Image, Read the Ad., 23 July 2015
I bought these for injecting resin and they work well for that even though at 20ml they're larger than I need. I'm not familiar with syringes so some sort of size guide would have been good in the product info but that's a big ask for this supplier. It's no loss though because they were cheap, I can still use them and now know to buy 10ml syringes next time.

The product image is not accurate and this seems to be normal practice for 'only the best deals 4u.' I've been caught out by this lot before, they seem to work on the premis that the stuffs so cheap folk can't be bothered to send it back. Luckily this time the ad told me what I was getting but if I'd noticed it was them I wouldn't have placed the order.

Irwin Blue Groove Drill Bit 6 Piece Set
Irwin Blue Groove Drill Bit 6 Piece Set

3.0 out of 5 stars Drill Set, 23 July 2015
These bits are pretty cheap but they drill the holes quite cleanly and accurately to an acceptable standard. There is a good range of what I consider to be the more useful sizes and they come in a sturdy case. They only get three stars because the pilot screw at the tip is quite fierce and actually drags the drill through the wood. The consequence is that, straight out the box they are useless for counter boring and I will have to hone down the pilot screw or drill a suitable sized pilot hole before I use them. I've had this problem with a few bits I've bought lately and it's a personal thing but I find the dragging effect to be a clumsy uncontrolled way to drill a hole.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20