Profile for Mr. William Bimson > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Silverline 427571 End Cutting Electronics Pliers 105mm
Silverline 427571 End Cutting Electronics Pliers 105mm

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as you would expect, 18 Jun. 2012
Difficult to get excited over a pair of end cutting pliers, but they seem strong enough and don't feel like they are going to snap when they bite. I had to grind the face of my pliers down flat because I was using them for removing guitar frets. They worked just as expected.

Cat Mate 254B - Electromagnetic Cat Flap - Brown
Cat Mate 254B - Electromagnetic Cat Flap - Brown

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well, unlike the cat, 25 Feb. 2012
This item works well provided your cat isn't scared to use it. It's fine exiting but requires the magnet to be reasonably close to the door to work on entering and our cat has a habit of trying to push the door with her paws instead of putting her head in first so the magnet doesn't get close enough to operate. One thing you don't want of course is for your cat to be able to get out of the house but not be able to get back in. Our previous cats had no problem with this type of flap, so it is cat dependent. I've sellotaped the latch down now so that it doesn't need the magnet to operate and any cat can get in, but we have been fortunate enough to not be bothered by other cats so far.

CD/MD/MP3 Player to Cassette Adaptor with 3.5 mm Stereo Headphone Jack
CD/MD/MP3 Player to Cassette Adaptor with 3.5 mm Stereo Headphone Jack
Offered by Motionperformance - Waxacar

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor, 25 Feb. 2012
This item was extremely cheap which is the only reason I haven't sent it back The mechanism inside the device which fools the cassette player into thinking it is playing a cassette is mechanically very noisy and variable. Sometimes there is no mechanical noise, other times there is a loud click about every two seconds and at other times it rattles continuously. I've had it about a month now and it has just developed another fault. After about 10 minutes of playing the radio comes on instead of the cassette/MP3 and you have to eject the cassette and push it back in again to get it to work. Sorry I never paid the extra money and got one of the radio FM transmitter types instead.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 14, 2013 11:05 PM GMT

Panasonic CR-2032 Lithium Coin Battery - Twelve Pack
Panasonic CR-2032 Lithium Coin Battery - Twelve Pack
Offered by Babz Media

5.0 out of 5 stars Value for money, 17 Jan. 2012
Difficult to get excited about a pack of batteries, but I have used one in a glucose monitor and it seems fine. I have seen this battery on sale elsewhere, where a single battery costs the same as this pack of 12, so even if they don't last as long as the batteries I have seen elsewhere, they must be value for money.

Amazon.co.uk Gift Card Quick Gift
Amazon.co.uk Gift Card Quick Gift
Price: £1,000.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, but be careful of e-mailing it, 3 Dec. 2011
When I asked a friend of mine's wife what voucher he wanted for his 50th Birthday she said Amazon. Since I knew my friends e-mail address, I thought it was best to use the e-mail option because it might be easier to redeem for him than a printed voucher, but after I sent it, I started reading the terms and conditions which state: "Amazon.co.uk is not responsible if a gift certificate or a gift card is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without permission". I then started to worry that the e-mailed certificate could be sent to a spam folder and then deleted, so I had to phone my friend and tell him to watch out for it and check his spam folder. The other thing to bear in mind is that if you get the e-mail address wrong and send it to someone else, you will probably lose it.

Having said that, they are flexible in that the amount of the certificate goes into the persons account and they can use a credit card to top up for larger purchases or combine gift certificates and if they use less than what you provide, the remainder stays in the persons account for at least a year anyway. I think if I use them again, I will print them rather than e-mail them for security. I wouldn't send them to someone who didn't already have an Amazon account because you are effectively forcing them to open one.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 26, 2014 11:08 PM GMT

Sennheiser HD 202 Closed Back On-Ear Stereo Headphone
Sennheiser HD 202 Closed Back On-Ear Stereo Headphone

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bass response, 29 Nov. 2011
I bought these for listening to music from my PC and for plugging into a guitar amp late at night while practicing and I am not disappointed. I was amazed at how good the bass response was with bass drum particularly jumping out with no distortion compared to my previous cans. The highs sound crisp too, but I am 54 years old so my highs are more equivalent to a teenagers mid range. Someone mentioned that the lead length can be a problem, but I have found that long lead useful, especially when playing guitar and the belt clip they provide for wrapping excess lead around fits great on the guitar strap, so I don't have entanglement problems. I can't imagine why people would pay 3 or 4 times the cost of these for a set of cans. They can't be that much better. I should point out that I have always wanted a higher level of bass in my music, which is why I like these and from a scientific view, you would have to say that the response is not flat, it is coloured towards the bass end.

Hearos Ultimate Softness Ear Plugs
Hearos Ultimate Softness Ear Plugs
Offered by Gehörschutz-Versand

5.0 out of 5 stars Hearos plugs work well, 26 Aug. 2011
Suffering from tinnitus which is aggravated by loud sounds, but loving rock music is a problem for me. I felt very conscious of wearing bright yellow ear plugs at rock venues so I bought some of these which I assumed would be less noticable. First thing is they attenuate sound very well, better than I needed, so I ended up pulling them part way out to reduce the attenuation and that worked for me. The only thing then is they were sticking out of my ears some way making me look like Shrek. The wife tells me I don't need the ear plugs to look like Shrek but that's another story. I think what I will do next time is cut about 5 or 10 mm off the length of the plugs so they don't stick out as much. Bottom line is they work very well and I have no complaints about them.

Guitar Strap (Tone Deaf Music Standard)
Guitar Strap (Tone Deaf Music Standard)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but holes a little loose, 5 Dec. 2010
This is the cheapest guitar strap, I have ever purchased and it does the job, but I notice that the material that the holes are made from is a little thin for my liking which makes it easier to attach and more importantly unattach the guitar from the strap. I can't help thinking that when this product ages, the holes might become a bit too loose.

Tone Deaf Music A-Frame Guitar Stand for Electric or Acoustic Guitars
Tone Deaf Music A-Frame Guitar Stand for Electric or Acoustic Guitars

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for the price, 5 Dec. 2010
Not bad for the price. I needed 3 for two electrics and an acoustic, but having seen the review about not being suitable for the acoustic, I just ordered 2. I have tried the acoustic on the stand and I have to say, I don't understand the negative review of it being unstable with an acoustic on it, so I have just ordered another. The cross member at the bottom in the picture looks like a metal bar, but is in fact a black boot lace, but it is still stable enough for me.

Garmin Nuvi 200 Satellite Navigation System - UK (Newly Overhauled)
Garmin Nuvi 200 Satellite Navigation System - UK (Newly Overhauled)

2.0 out of 5 stars A number of disappointing errors, 18 Aug. 2009
Disclaimer: This is my first sat nav and the faults described below might be common to many or all sat navs. I was a little dissapointed with this unit and found the following faults with it:
1) On a 40mph road close to my home, it kept giving an audible warning that it was a 30mph road in a mobile speed camera area.
2) At roundabouts, the verbal and map instructions about which exit to take are sometimes in conflict. The map is always correct, but that means you can't rely on the verbal instruction and you have to take your eye off the road as you approach the roundabout.
3) While testing in areas that I know around my home, it didn't always direct me via the shortest route and in one case directed me on a quite bizzare 1/4 mile detour (which I ignored).
4) In both my car and my wife's, the power connector kept coming unplugged and we had to wedge it in with bits of paper.
5) In Bethesda in north Wales, it actually directed me down a dead end when I requested it to direct me home in Liverpool.

Other than the above, it is OK with a good display and mounting system and easily understood menu.

Page: 1 | 2