Profile for mrmac > Reviews

mrmac

Page: 1 | 2
Fire Tablet, 7" Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB (Black) - Includes Special Offers
Fire Tablet, 7" Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB (Black) - Includes Special Offers

1.0 out of 5 stars I already have an apple macbook pro and was not even interested in another device that is useless to me, 31 Dec. 2015
This was given to me as a xmas present. I already have an apple macbook pro and was not even interested in another device that is useless to me. I have an 8Gb data allowance per month from my internet service provider so this kindle would seriously eat into that.

I'll wait awhile and then quietly give it away.

A Year Of Songs
A Year Of Songs

4.0 out of 5 stars I was glad that he included 'Over the Hills' from the 'Sharpe' ..., 12 Nov. 2015
This review is from: A Year Of Songs (Audio CD)
A delightful album that improves the more you listen to it. The songs chosen are well balanced and Alexander does justice to them. I was glad that he included 'Over the Hills' from the 'Sharpe' tv series, which of course he appeared in.

Nutribullet Graphite 8 Piece Set
Nutribullet Graphite 8 Piece Set
Offered by High Street TV

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Juicer, 28 April 2014
This review is from: Nutribullet Graphite 8 Piece Set
I bought my Nutri Bullet about 10 days ago and have been juicing twice every day since then. My first impressions are positive. It is easy to use and to clean. It easily handled everything that I put in it including carrots, beetroot, kiwi, apples and nuts/seeds such as pumpkin seeds, almonds and cashews.

I would have liked a larger juicing container. I'm not sure if replacement containers are easily available but in case of damage their availability would be essential.

It will be interesting to see how long it will last if I'm using it twice daily. The noise from the machine is at an acceptable level as the juicing process takes a mere 15-25 seconds. It's compact in size so it will take up little room which for me is a big plus.
Best of all I have lost 7lb in those 10 days!

The Paleo Diet: Food Your Body is Designed to Eat
The Paleo Diet: Food Your Body is Designed to Eat
by Daniel Green

3.0 out of 5 stars Expensive to Follow?, 9 Mar. 2014
I saw this title for sale in Waterson's for £14.99. It was available in my local 'Bargain Books' shop for a mere £4.99. The book is well laid out and had a good range of recipes. My main gripe is that much of it is not available to the poor. Salmon steaks and venison don't come cheap. A family of four on a low income would not be able to use many of the recipes. Daniel, how about including some low cost recipes in the next edition?

words in your eyes / mono 45 rpm single
words in your eyes / mono 45 rpm single

5.0 out of 5 stars Phil Everly at his Best!, 24 Feb. 2014
I have been a big fan of the Everly Brothers since the 1950's. This beautiful slow ballad by the wonderful Phil Everly touches the heart, even more so since he died in January, 2014. I was able to find it on 'You Tube' but I would like to own a quality CD copy.
Love this song. You will too.

The Best Of
The Best Of

5.0 out of 5 stars Tom Hall At His very Best, 30 May 2013
This review is from: The Best Of (Audio CD)
I bought this album to get the 'Old Dogs, Children and Watermelon Wine' song but was pleasantly surprised by the quality of this album. I just love it! Sit in a comfortable armchair, slip on the headphones and enjoy!

Secrets Of The Light: The incredible true story of one man's near-death experiences and the lessons he received from the other side
by Dannion Brinkley

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter Drivel!, 18 Mar. 2013
I saw this book on sale for a couple of pounds in 'Bargain Books' so I thought I would give it a go. Brinkley claims to have been 'dead' for 28 minutes after being struck by lightning. Later when interviewed, one of the doctors who attended him said that he was lucid upon arrival in hospital. Brinkley's huge ego comes come through clear and loud. His story of his stay in Heaven is a mish mash of accounts to be found in other books and even in films. At best I found this story completely unconvincing. There are much better accounts out there on NDE's.

North
North

5.0 out of 5 stars A Delight to Listen To, 21 Feb. 2013
This review is from: North (Audio CD)
This is a beautiful album in the Ulster folk tradition of story-telling. The music does not drown out the vocals. Every word can be heard. I particularly liked the moving story of John Condon, the fourteen year-old boy who went off to fight and die in World War 1. I hope that Mary Dillon will produce another album in the near future.

Heaven
Heaven
Offered by YouWantIt-WeGotIt

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Album!, 11 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Heaven (Audio CD)
I tend to buy only 2-3 albums a year and I am so glad I decided to buy 'Heaven' on the strength of listening to clips of each of the 13 songs. This album is quite simply breath-taking. There isn't a weak song in it. I would pay the album price for 'The Love You Love' and 'Heaven' alone. The instrumental work is the best I've heard in many a year - and I'm 61 years old! The songs reverberate in your head long after you've listened to them. It's such a pity that the band is much less known in the UK than in their homeland, the USA. This album will appeal to a wide age range. I am now a fan of The Walkmen!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 29, 2012 6:54 PM BST

Go Figure: The Marvellous Maths Workbook
Go Figure: The Marvellous Maths Workbook
by Daniel Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Maths Booster!, 5 Jun. 2012
As a maths tutor I bought this book as an aid to help those children in the 11-14 age group understand some of the subject's basic concepts. It's nicely laid out chapters deal with subjects such as statistics, trigonometry, algebra and problem solving. It contains 100 maths quizzes which inform and entertain.

This book is very readable unlike so many maths books. It will help pre-GCSE students gain confidence in the subject. Recommended.

Page: 1 | 2