Profile for Willywagglesdagger > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Jigsaw Puzzle
Jigsaw Puzzle

3.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant, relaxing time waster, 20 Aug. 2016
This review is from: Jigsaw Puzzle (App)
It is what it says it is. But be sure to position pieces precisely once you fit several together. If you get it wrong you can't move them and the jigsaw ends up frustratingly jigged!

The Good Knight (A Gareth and Gwen Medieval Mystery Book 1)
The Good Knight (A Gareth and Gwen Medieval Mystery Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars An easy read, but a good one., 5 April 2016
Holds the suspense right through to the end. Historically accurate, which unfortunately gives that unavoidable sense of "Have I read this before?" But it is just too well written for that to remain in doubt - I would have remembered this one, it's the history that is catching my mind, and in a way that just keeps on affirming the storyline despite some clever literary license and a neat sting in the tail. Don't turn to the end to find the sting, you really will ruin your entire read.
Finally, don't read this if you want overwhelming blood and Gore, and gratuitous sex. Despite the battle hardened attitudes of the times, and the presence of Danes, Woodbury remembers that she is writing about human beings, and that a degree of decency and sensitivity is not the prerogative of modern times. Where battle,and blood, are required we get them, but not to excess or in too fine a detail. And while the need for reproduction is acknowledged, we observe no sex, because it doesn't fit the storyline; although there is a little romance, just not a sickening amount!

Word Connect
Word Connect

3.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating but addictive, 2 April 2016
This review is from: Word Connect (App)
This game would be a whole lot better if there was the option to use English English, as it is really difficult working one's way through both American culture and spellings!

Stopwatch & Countdown Timer
Stopwatch & Countdown Timer

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't do what I need - and I don't think I'm asking a lot., 23 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Stopwatch & Countdown Timer (App)
For a start, there are no instructions, and I can't make anything work without instructions, however basic.

So, two or three times a week I do half a dozen or so chemical tests, each is timed, but not all take the same time. So I want a timer which will remember about half a dozen timings and is capable of running them simultaneously.

This app saves time 1. But won't save a second, so won't recall and run time 1 without deleting the second time you have put in. And heaven forbid you should try to get clever and put in a third time - it crashed and jammed my pad until I shut it down.

Mahjong Journey®
Mahjong Journey®

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally addictive, 19 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Mahjong Journey® (App)
Just can't put it down. When you think you've got it like, this ornery little game just changes tack again, and there you are, fighting against the clock, or your own mind, or someone else. What is really great is the choice of whether to just have a quiet time crawling up the wall, testing your own skills; or whether to take on your Facebook mates, or even the whole world.
Personally, it's a nice quiet mind and speed test to unwind at the end of the day - gee me up if I'm feeling flat, and fill an odd moment. And it's mine, all mine, no interference!

Pretty Bird Daily Select Bird Food Medium Parrot 1.36kg
Pretty Bird Daily Select Bird Food Medium Parrot 1.36kg
Offered by Northern Parrots

5.0 out of 5 stars Best all round all in one I have found., 14 Jan. 2016
The only complete dried food my African grey parrot will eat and ensures she doesn't fatten up on sunflower seeds. Also appears to have the best nutritional balance on the market.

Daylight D13622 | Energy Saving PL Tube | 11W
Daylight D13622 | Energy Saving PL Tube | 11W
Offered by sewing-online

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 14 Jan. 2016
Does exactly what it says on the tin and and we have no complaints.

AnazoZ Jewelry 18K Gold Plated Punk Enamel Tiger Shaped Finger Rings/Eangement Rings With Platinum Plating Czech Crystals Charm UK Size T 1/2
Offered by AnazoZ

4.0 out of 5 stars Like marmite - you will either love it or hate it, 14 Jan. 2016
Not sure about this one, bought it for my granddaughter, then bought another because I thought it was a bit too bling. She loves it though!

A Year Of Songs
A Year Of Songs

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth having in our collection, 14 Jan. 2016
This review is from: A Year Of Songs (Audio CD)
I would have given him five stars, if Frank Sinatra had never been!
Alexander is a real crooner, gentle and romantic. Not an opera singer, definitely an easy listening entertainer, and not a note out of place. I love it. Well worth buying and probably the most played CD of our Christmas season.

Real Kakuro
Real Kakuro

4.0 out of 5 stars Good game, 14 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Real Kakuro (App)
I got hooked on the hard copy version in the Telegraph, and these are a bit easier. But you don't have the facility to write in little numbers to help you, so this electronic version really gets the grey matter working. There is a real feeling of triumph when one is completed, especially when I beat my times.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14