Profile for Mr. M. L. Hanford > Reviews

Content by Mr. M. L. Hanford

Mr. M. L. Hanford "MH74" (Hereford,England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic (Xbox 360)
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic (Xbox 360)
Offered by media-4-u

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, 1 July 2012
Having recently finished this as a warrior I can finally review it,it's not bad,it's a lot more linear than Oblivion and can't really be compared,it's more like a first person shooter,with a sword anyway,It's not the best looking game and some parts are very last gen,it's also very buggy/unfinished.It's possible to 'die' during non timed sequences for no reason whatsoever,,it also froze quite a few times,usually after something difficult,boss fight or jumping sequence.
Some of the boss fights are ridiculous,for example the (giant) spider won't take any damage unless you hit it's belly,you can thrash away at it's legs all you like to no effect,killing the flying boss thing near the necropolis is just a matter of manning a convenient ballista and most enemies can be dispatched in similarly lazy ways,kicked down stairs etc.
The fact your leg seems to be about ten foot long is a bonus too,seems more athletic than BJ from Wolfenstein.
Overall it's not bad but at least it's a bit different,I wasn't a great fan of Oblivion either,worth playing....

The Last Exorcism [DVD]
The Last Exorcism [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ashley Bell

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother with the last 10 minutes., 16 April 2012
This review is from: The Last Exorcism [DVD] (DVD)
It was okay for most of it but the last 10 minutes where it descends into a very bad Blair Witch rip off really aren't needed.Didn't help the realistic 'documentary' look when one of the 'actors' was in Murder She Wrote!

Metro 2033 (Xbox 360)
Metro 2033 (Xbox 360)
Offered by EnterPlus

4.0 out of 5 stars Do excuse me., 5 April 2012
This review is from: Metro 2033 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Just a quick observation,Great game so far but I can't help thinking of meerkats....,No it's good and crawling about the ruins is suitably creepy,scrounging for ammo is surprisingly 'fun' unlike Fallout:New Vegas where it can get tiresome.

Tomb Raider Underworld (Xbox 360)
Tomb Raider Underworld (Xbox 360)
Offered by Gleam Retail

5.0 out of 5 stars Short but good, 5 April 2012
I recently finished this,emphasis on 'finished' as I'm currently stuck on TR:Anniversary,I've also finished Legend,A bit short when compared to earlier games but there's no padding and it doesn't repeat sections,apart from possibly Croft Manor,no bosses,only a couple of timed sections and on the whole very good,although I'm a bit puzzled why you play the section on a boat which clearly sank beforehand?

Alone in the Dark 5 Limited Edition Box Set (Wii)
Alone in the Dark 5 Limited Edition Box Set (Wii)
Offered by GamesdirectLTD

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought for the extras., 25 Feb. 2012
I only bought this for the extras,I already have it on 360 and PS2,a few words about the extras,It's all pretty nice,the figure has a competent paintjob on it,the artbook is nice but there's no text in it and the CD is barely 20 minutes long,I've not watched the DVD yet and as for the game,problematic it may be but it's better than the PS2 version,it's widescreen and aiming is via the Wiimote and is not like the PS2's uninverted control,I've not got to the driving yet but it has similar controls to CoD3,so it should be awful then...yes the driving was/is awful,the first bit isn't so bad but the forklift and subsequent driving sections are terrible,it took me a dozen attempts to do the forklift and I've not done the next one (I can't even hotwire the car fast enough),I've recently watched the DVD and it's barely 50 minutes long and there's only about two minutes dedicated to the Wii,the rest is 360,It's hard not to watch it with a sense of irony as pretty much nothing they declared actually happened,sure it may work in their tech demos but as a coherent game,no.
There's not much to the DVD,mostly looped praise for their own game and the artbook is replicated entirely on the DVD!,the producer says it'll be the 'first game you can finish',you could if the controls etc. weren't so awful and I've finished many games 'normally' without skipping bits,GoW 1+2,Medal of Honor etc.
I like the game,in essence,but it's so badly executed it's annoying.

Bloodrayne [DVD]
Bloodrayne [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ben Kingsley

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay?, 30 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Bloodrayne [DVD] (DVD)
If it's any indictment of the quality of this film,my DVD player expired halfway through watching it.It's 'alright' by Boll's usual standards,Being a big fan of the game to eschew the Swamps/WW2 setting was a big no no to start with but I could live with that,but other than that it's just a poor film,If you've seen any other of Boll's films you'll know what to expect but just a few things to mention about this,Rayne's hair is never red,like the box,it's an auburn colour,the fight scenes are wooden and everyone looks like they have stomach ache as they trot around slowly,they go into most fights like they've got dysentery and even a small nick results in fountains of blood (at least that's the right color).The 'love' scene is completely stupid and unnecessary,it isn't needed and no further mention is made of it,yes it's dreadful but that was to be expected after his other films,I must have fallen asleep a few times as well as I didn't know what was going on,!stick to the game.

Dreams of the Carrion Kind
Dreams of the Carrion Kind

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, 4 Dec. 2011
Overlooked at the time of it's release I picked up a copy recently and well,I wish I'd bought it sooner,being a big fan of Murphy's work on Spiritual Healing should've pointed me in the right direction,not as 'far out' as Cynic or Confessor, it's a slab of consumate technically excellent Death metal and I can't get Monarch of the Sleeping Masses out of my head!,great cover too.

Lo Flux Tube
Lo Flux Tube
Offered by Smaller World Future

5.0 out of 5 stars Epic., 4 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Lo Flux Tube (Audio CD)
Why OLD were so overlooked was beyond me,I have all of their releases including Old Lady Drivers up to Formula and although I'm not a fan of 'techno/remixes ' even have Hold onto your Face,to this day Citient Null is still a fave and I've lost count of the times I've listened to Formula,reputed to be the worst selling CD from Earache?,now Where's my bowling ball?

Turning Point: Fall Of Liberty (Xbox 360)
Turning Point: Fall Of Liberty (Xbox 360)

3.0 out of 5 stars S'okay., 3 Nov. 2011
I got it really cheap and it's not too bad,next to GoW it's a bit dated but worth playing,the only gripe I had was the amount of times it froze,especially during the zeppelin bit,annoying!

Fear 2: Project Origin (Xbox 360)
Fear 2: Project Origin (Xbox 360)
Offered by Bargain Games UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Short,easy but fun., 3 Nov. 2011
Next to the first game and the two expansions this is rather easy,I didn't realize it was the last 'boss' fight until the credits started rolling,Some people have commented on the graphics,I think they're really good and there aren't loads of pitch black areas either,I only used the torch a few times,it saves very often and there are plenty of health items/armour pick ups about too,I played the demo a while ago and whilst that's similar it's obvious it was just a demo as that 'bit' isn't in the game,the hardest section for me was the inevitable 'where are the snipers' level and that wasn't very hard either,there isn't an emphasis on mech combat either which some videos will have you believe,overall,great!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20