Profile for Danni H > Reviews

Content by Danni H

Danni H "Gaming Girl D" (United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
Dragon Age 2 - Signature Edition (Xbox 360)
Dragon Age 2 - Signature Edition (Xbox 360)

1.0 out of 5 stars Rinse and repeat. Bored me to death., 30 Dec. 2014
Having played Dragon age origins and absolutely adoring that game, I expected something similar of DA2.
I was completely and utterly wrong. So much so that I couldn't bear to complete the game.
All the way through it drove me insane, with the unlikeable characters to the repeating rehashed environments, not to mention you literally do the same quests a dozen times just in a different cave with the same map. It was infuriating.
All the way through your really not quite sure whats going on. There's no definitive plot. It's just like your trying to gain popularity throughout the game. I got seriously bored. As an avid fan of RPG's and lengthy games this bit the bullet.
I can honestly say without a shadow of a doubt that I hated this game with all my being.
Essentially, I wouldnt recommend this game and with DAI out now, I would literally make up your story in Dragon age keep. Put up with not knowing what goes on in this game because having played it, I'm still not sure what went off in this game.

SteelSeries Siberia V2 Full Size Headset with Microphone - Red (PC)
SteelSeries Siberia V2 Full Size Headset with Microphone - Red (PC)
Offered by enico

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable easy to use headset, 30 Dec. 2014
Sound quality is great and so it the mic quality.
Fantastic for adding audio to gameplay movies or talking over skype. Its comfortable to wear and covers my ears perfectly. Tried a lot of headsets to find the right one that would work for me. Not to mention comes in a variety of different colours too. Durable and lightweight.

1.6 mm - 14g - Surgical Steel Pink Black Vintage Emo Owl Ball Tongue Bar Barbell Stud

2.0 out of 5 stars Uncomfortable and will not wear again., 30 Dec. 2014
I am not a fan of this tongue bar.
When wearing it I found it extremely uncomfortable and actually made the top of my mouth sore. It's a lot larger than the picture gives it credit for.

Dragon Age Inquisition (Xbox One)
Dragon Age Inquisition (Xbox One)

5.0 out of 5 stars Immersive and engaging lengthy gameplay. Perfect RPG., 30 Dec. 2014
First of all..this game is top notch. There's been very few games out recently which have really had me sit down and play for hours upon hours and not get tired of playing.
I loved this game through and through. There are still some areas for improvement, some quests still glitch but I'm sure that'll get fixed with the next patch.
The characters are diverse, there's plenty more to choose from, I would however say this game is most definitely not for children, with sex scenes and gore.
The game is long, if you love lengthy RPG's then this is the game for you. So far I have tried to do almost everything in the game, still not completed it on the main story, been too busy with the dragons and side quests and so far up to 230 hours of gameplay on hard difficulty.
The difficulty defintely lives up the name, you have a nightmare mode which tbh I wouldnt even attempt until you figure out the mechanics of the gameplay and battle. Battle isn't much different to the origins battle menu, however you are extremely limited in what you can do. You have a specific amount of moves you can plaster onto your battle menu, whereas before you could use all the moves you'v unlocked. Not this time. You have to be smart in what skills your going to have available to you, which you can chop and change as you like out of battle.
The graphics are amazeballs, the dragons in this game are stunning, the environments are rich and colourful.
The only bad thing I have to say about this game which isnt even that bad and can soon be remedied by patch releases is that some quests still glitch. Some quests will completely not be available to you and will make your box go crazy. But once this is fixed. It'll be perfect.
ONE WORD OF CAUTION!!
Before you start this game, heed the games instructions to fix your story on dragon keep online BEFORE you start this game. If you have played Origins or dragon age 2, your story will not automatically play to the way you chose your story in those games. You have to manually configure those settings online. I learnt the hard way and got a little into the game before realising.

Shiver
Shiver
by Maggie Stiefvater

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldnt put it down, 2 July 2012
This review is from: Shiver (Paperback)
I absolutely loved this book. From opening the first page and reading the first chapter I couldn't put it down. Read all three books in a matter of days.
This book appeals to adult audiences as well as teen audiences and I found the characters developed thoroughly throughout. The storyline is very engaging and as said before I really couldn't put it down. This book had me laughing and on the edge of my bed reading through it.
I definitely would recommend this book to a friend. Hell I couldn't even stop talking about it while working. Think I convinced a few others to read it too.
Happy reading :)

Hofmann Album De Fotos
Hofmann Album De Fotos

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these photo albums, 27 Jun. 2011
They hold 400 portrait photos but you can still put your landscape photo's in them, just use it like a flip book.
Really fantastic quality, padded leather and looks fantastic on the book shelf. Plastic slip in sleeves are high quality and easy to slide the photo's in. No fiddling about trying to make them fit. It's also not as big as I imagined, which means more room for other bits and pieces.
It also comes with a brochure from arrow file about their other offers and other products. Some of which are really lovely.
Would highly reccommend this to anyone who's looking for a sturdy album which hold a lot of photo's and would last a long time. Definately ordering more when I run out of room in these :)

Dragon Age: Origins (Xbox 360)
Dragon Age: Origins (Xbox 360)
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Absoloutly brilliant. A must have for ALL RPG Fans, 15 Jan. 2010
This game is brilliant to say the least. A absoloute must have for ALL RPG fans. I have done this game twice already and want to do it a third.
Not many games have ever trapped me like this in a storyline before. Few to say the least.
You can start the game with one of many character styles. Human, dwarve, elf. Then choose your class like Warrior, Mage, Rogue. Then choose your specialisation and the way you choose to start your character also depends on what ending you will get, as this ending is a multiending game.
You then start the storyling with your origin story which is based on how you chose to set you're character up.
You also have the option to modify your characters appearance -- Their eyes the shape of their face. Their Hairstyle even their voice tone and the way they speak.
The game however on xbox 360 is not that good graphically, it appears very chunky in areas and doesnt flow as well as hoped it would. It has no CGI either but the gameplay and storyline will get you too engrossed to even care about that.
The controls and relatively simple. Although it will take time to get used to the shortcuts you can use but they are fairly easy to learn.
The gameplay can be challenging, depending on the difficulty setting you put it on not to mention what you chose your character to be. For instance, if your used to fighting with magic. If you wanted a different ending it might appear harder if you try your hand at being a warrior. At first I played this game as a mage and found it fairly difficult even though you get some incredibly powerful spells. As a warrior however which I'm not used to playing, i found it a little easier but not too much. You can also change the difficulty setting while playing through the game if you find a section too difficult.
You can also have romances within the game which make it rather interesting and again this effects what ending you will get. Along with various other skills and talents you pick up during your story.
There are lot of little side quests within the game also to help you along. Which give you more experience and items that make it easier playing for you.
All in all to summarise, a very very good game which apparently I can't stop playing.
Enjoy.

If you do however want to get the most out of this game then I woiuld reccomend you buy the stragedy guide Dragon Age: Origins: Official Game Guide: Prima's Official Game Guide (Prima Official Game Guides)Dragon Age: Origins Collectors Edition Official Game Guide (Prima Official Game Guides)

If however you want to wing it and just enjoy the game as I have done then play on. I would definately reccomend this to a friend.

The Sword of Shannara Trilogy
The Sword of Shannara Trilogy
by Terry Brooks

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly fantastic, brillant read, 2 Dec. 2009
This Book comprises of 3 books. The sword of Shannara, The elfstones of Shannara and the Wishsong of Shannara.
All 3 have an epic storyline and fantastic character base. The writers ability to help you get to know the characters is incredible and I've never had a book that gripped me so well as this one did. I completely lost myself in it.
My favourite book personally would have to be the first one. The sword of shannara. It helps you get to know the characters a little better not to mention this is the starting point for the other two books as all books run in a timeline with roughly the same characters but of a different generation with one character in all three.
These books will leave you terrified, and giggling away aswell as sad and one even made me cry. I do have to put one comparison in it though as the first one is similar to Lord of the rings. Not entierly but the base of it, with characters going on a quest to find a certain something with a druid with magic powers. Thats really the only similarity.
But I can garentee once you read this book you'll want more of what Terry Brooks has to offer and go to buy more of his books. Have a read and ejoy. Loose yourself in the magical kingdom of Shannara.

Stick It [DVD]
Stick It [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jeff Bridges
Offered by 247dvd

4.0 out of 5 stars A great movie for all ages, 2 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Stick It [DVD] (DVD)
This is the type of movie i can really relate to.
When i was young I was exsactly like the main character in this movie. Someone who didnt respect authority and wanted respect in return otherwise she would dish it out. This movie has a fantastic moral behind its story and you don't want to stop watching once you'v put it on.
Peronsally the whole gymnastics theme behind the movie was a bit of a put off, but it tells it comically. It's a very funny movie with lots of witty comments and sarcasm. However she does get taught a lesson about her own attitude and i think that's what made the film more appealing to me. Her attitude not only affect her but other around her and it teaches the audience that moral.
All in all I would definately reccomend this movie. In my opinion it's more aimed at teenagers but I do think it's a movie for all ages.

Karas Part 1 & 2 Double Pack [2007] [DVD]
Karas Part 1 & 2 Double Pack [2007] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Karas

4.0 out of 5 stars Very very good. But with a twist, 2 Dec. 2009
My first thoughts on this dvd were that is was extremely confusing.
Most of the first part, DVD1, is explained with DVD2. You need to have both to fully understand the sotry completely. So in a way that is another point that makes this boxset so great. In incorporates both DVD's so you don't have to search for the second part.
However considering that you need Karas part 2 to understand the story. Karas part 1 does a very good job getting you hooked onto it. You want to know what happens next and because it leaves a lot of loose end untied you want to know where it's going.
From a graphics point of view it is drawn extremely well. I'm not quite sure whether there are some CGI animations within the drawing but all in all it's absoloutly amazingly drawn.
After watching this anime the first time iv wanted to watch it over and over again. It seems the more you watch it the more you understand. But at the same time it's not something that you have to conentrate incredibly on, you can still watch this movie lazily and understand what's going on but again you need part 2 to understand the story as a whole.
Personally i would reccomend this movie to a friend. In fact I made a friend watch it and he came over the very next day to watch part 2 because he wanted to know what happened. This movie really gets you like that. A definate must have for all anime lovers.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 24, 2011 1:53 PM BST