Profile for bookish > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Canon CanoScan LiDE 220 Compact Scanner
Canon CanoScan LiDE 220 Compact Scanner

4.0 out of 5 stars Mac mini issue, 15 Aug. 2017
Hi Canon I think I have solved this issue (or at least for my Mac mini) I removed all the Canon and Canoscan drivers and files. Then I downloaded them all again (making sure the scanner was in the off setting and the USB wasnt connected). I then tried something different: I connected (when prompted to do so) the USB directly into my computer whereas previously I had connected it into an auxillarly USB port/hub). And hey presto it scanned an image I could see and transport onto my computer.
I am sending this message because my experience may save another Mac user from wasting all the time I spent trying to sort this issue out today. Surely one of the Canon experts could have suggested this.

Bionaire 2500w Digital Ceramic Tower Heater
Bionaire 2500w Digital Ceramic Tower Heater

4.0 out of 5 stars toasty, 8 Mar. 2017
wow this really warms up a room quickly; a bit of noise but you don't need it on long. and it has not pushed my electricity bill up noticeably.

Logitech C920 HD Pro USB 1080p Webcam
Logitech C920 HD Pro USB 1080p Webcam

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 25 July 2015
works well good images

Alpha Industries MA-1 Flight Jacket - Colour Rep Blue Size L (40-42)
Alpha Industries MA-1 Flight Jacket - Colour Rep Blue Size L (40-42)

3.0 out of 5 stars ... has changed and in my opinion not for the better: the welt around the neck is bigger and ..., 25 July 2015
alas the style of the MA-1 has changed and in my opinion not for the better: the welt around the neck is bigger and when the jacket it is zipped up the inner part of the jacket goes up beyond the zippered part which not only effects the style but also the comfort of the jacket.
Its a genuine Alpha jacket (I think) but they have changed the style.

Logitech Z120 Laptop Speakers 3.5mm USB
Logitech Z120 Laptop Speakers 3.5mm USB
Offered by ReporShop

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 25 July 2015
these speakers are really good value

Parker Ballpoint Refill Fine Black - 2 Pack S0881290
Parker Ballpoint Refill Fine Black - 2 Pack S0881290
Offered by ANP Trading

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 25 July 2015
Only one the refills worked.

Parker Ball Point Pen Ink Refill Twin Pack Medium Black
Parker Ball Point Pen Ink Refill Twin Pack Medium Black
Offered by Pen-Sale

5.0 out of 5 stars the write material, 19 May 2013
No problems with the refills; in the past I have bought refills that left smudges when I used them but thus far these are fine.

Seagate Expansion 2 TB USB 3.0 3.5 inch Desktop Hard Drive - Black
Seagate Expansion 2 TB USB 3.0 3.5 inch Desktop Hard Drive - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars No problems, 19 May 2013
No problems as yet with this product; its straightforward to use, fast and efficient ; there is a slight humming noise when its plugged in but its not really that bothersome (just unplug it when not in use).

Against All Gods: Six Polemics on Religion and an Essay on Kindness (Oberon Masters Series)
by A C Grayling

4.0 out of 5 stars A.C. does what he says on the cover, 19 May 2013
Another useful book in the struggle between reason and superstition; not so sure though about his essay on Kindness and its emphasis on joy (see: Better Never To Have Been Born by David Benatar and Schopenhauer)

Mindfulness: A practical guide to finding peace in a frantic world
Mindfulness: A practical guide to finding peace in a frantic world
by Mark Williams

4.0 out of 5 stars This book can help you to find peace in a frantic world, 19 May 2013
An innovative, interesting, informative and very practical guide to mindfulness; easy to read and understand; worth the money and time; try it for yourself;

Page: 1 | 2