Profile for Nicola Rowntree > Reviews

Nicola Rowntree

Learning Java: A Bestselling Hands-On Java Tutorial
Learning Java: A Bestselling Hands-On Java Tutorial

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Java book., 5 Dec. 2014
Best book on programming I've ever bought. Everything is explained in a clear, concise and easy to understand way. You can't go wrong with it.

The Body Book
The Body Book
by Cameron Diaz

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, detailed book that got me thinking about what I eat, 27 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Body Book (Paperback)
I really like the way things are explained to you in a clear and concise manner, so anyone could understand. It's not a diet book but she does recommend certain foods that we should be eating and explains why they are good for us. I found this really helpful.

I always find myself thinking of advice from this book whenever I am tempted to eat something that's not good for me and usually it helps me to make more sensible choices. I still fall off the wagon sometimes but I'm much better than I was.

I'm just starting on the exercise part of the book (It's split into 3 parts - Nutrition, Exercise and a kind of Mental & Emotional Health section) and I'm sure I'm going to feel inspired to move more :)

Lonely Planet Europe on a shoestring (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet Europe on a shoestring (Travel Guide)

4.0 out of 5 stars Really useful book., 15 Jan. 2014
This book has everything you need to plan your trip to Europe. It even includes some tips and advice for solo travellers. Very excited for my trip now.