Profile for M. Anthony > Reviews

Weekend [DVD] [2011]
Weekend [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Tom Cullen

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT!!! 5 Stars, 5 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Weekend [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
This movie was brilliant. Full of emotions from these two guys who form a relationship over a weekend. Who hasn't felt something strong towards someone they have only just met? Isn't that how we beging our relationships anyway. The ending nor the story is what you would expect and the main actors are brilliant in both roles. Besides being very nice to look at they portray two regular gay men who aren't all about disco balls and hot pants. Not living in designer apartments or driving small convertables. Genuine, funny, sad but totally perfect and one of my top gay films of all time. I can't recommend it enough but I suppose I can relate to the story myself so it is no wonder why I am extremely fomnd of this movie (can't shut up about it).

David's Birthday [DVD] [2010]
David's Birthday [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Alessandro Gassman
Offered by Gayfilmlover

4.0 out of 5 stars A great film worthy of a mention, 5 Jun. 2012
David's Birthday is one of those films that keeps you waiting for the inevitable to happen. Over a holiday period while David's parents and friends are catching up. A family friend has sexual desires for the now older and more mature David whom he has know since a young child. All through the movie you are kept in suspense about what might or will happen between these two characters. Really well acted and although the subtitles can whisk by quite quickly it was a realy good movie that I will watch again. The ending is quite unexpected but I would say get this one if you are looking for something fresh and a twist on the usual gay vouyeristic films of late.

August [DVD]
August [DVD]
Dvd ~ Murray Bartlett
Offered by fat_buddha

4.0 out of 5 stars A movie worth watching..., 5 Jun. 2012
This review is from: August [DVD] (DVD)
This movie is OK but I can't rave on about it like I can for "Weekend". At times it feels like it made by a cigarette company but overall it wasn't a bad movie. Some good looking guys who are actually good actors. I think the story just needed a little tweeking.
I would recommend it overall but it's not the best gay film i have seen.

Agatha Christie : The Miss Marple Collection (12 Disc Box Set) [DVD] [1984]
Agatha Christie : The Miss Marple Collection (12 Disc Box Set) [DVD] [1984]
Dvd ~ Joan Hickson
Offered by joe4books

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it! Exactly how I remember it growing up. Go Joan..., 27 April 2011
I love Joan Hickson's performance of Miss Marple and this fantastic box set is exactly what I was after. After reading a few other reviews who mention a grainy screen or not the greatest sound etc, I was hoping it wasn't going to be too bad. I am very happy to say that given it's age I found the picture to be totally fine as well as the sound. It looks exactly like I remember it from growing up and is beautifully boxed. From the opening credits which had me whistling along to the award winning performance by Mrs Hickson, I can only give this the highest recommendation to any fans wanting a truely classic mystery murder series like only the English can provide. Get it!

Bananaman - The Ultimate Collection [DVD] [2004]
Bananaman - The Ultimate Collection [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Tim Brooke-Taylor
Offered by claires_media_store

5.0 out of 5 stars Banaman Rocks!, 7 Aug. 2010
Still as good as I remember it to be and if you love the goodies you'll love this. Excellent!

Alan Carr - Tooth Fairy LIVE [DVD]
Alan Carr - Tooth Fairy LIVE [DVD]
Dvd ~ Alan Carr
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Ala, please come to Australia, 31 July 2009
Borrowed this from a friend but I just had to have my own copy. It's non stop quality and I only hope Alan can make it to australia soon. If you love the Friday Night Project etc, this is even better!
You won't be disappointed if you purchase this DVD.
5 stars all round.