Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More DIYED Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now
Profile for LynnyP > Reviews

Content by LynnyP

LynnyP

Sebago Bala, Women's Closed-Toe Pumps, Multicolor (Taupe Suede/White), 7 UK (41 1/2 EU)

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed - but not the shoes' fault..., 25 Jun. 2015
I usually wear a UK 7.5 but bought these shoes in a size UK7 after reading other reviews and looking at the Sebago size chart measurements. Unfortunately they were just too small so I am having to re-sell them. :-( I was also surprised to find that they were rather narrow; wouldn't have been a problem for me as I have narrow feet, but they are marked as a wide fitting. The shoes themselves were nice, good quality and probably would have worn in and softened up well, but they are very flat, so if you have problem feet or need some support they may not be for you. Disappointed - not the fault of the shoes but I wouldn't advise anyone to go by the Sebago size chart as I did not find it accurate at all!

ELEPHANT MOON
ELEPHANT MOON

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmmm..., 21 Aug. 2014
This review is from: ELEPHANT MOON (Kindle Edition)
A strange one, this. I very much enjoyed the first part of this book; the characterisation and descriptions of Rangoon and its British occupiers were compelling and evocative. But once the second part of the story kicked in - the journey with the elephant men and the introduction of Eddie Gregory - it was as if a completely different author had taken over. The plot became steadily weaker, the character of Gregory in particular cliche and hammy, and it all rushed to an unresolved and most unsatisfying sudden end, as if the author was under pressure to meet a publishing deadline - or else got bored with his own novel. A shame, because it had the makings of a great book.

Thundercrack (Album Version)
Thundercrack (Album Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars Thundercrack - baby's back..., 15 Jan. 2014
I lovelovelovelovelovelovelove this track - one of my all-time Boss favourites. As Bruce says himself, this song was written in 1973 or '74 and played as the band's showstopper 'back when nobody knew who we were.' It's amazing, and the Boss's Van Morrison influences really show. Download it now - if you love Springsteen, you'll love this. :-)

Ravel Women's Kojo Tan Lace Ups Boots RLB998 8 UK
Ravel Women's Kojo Tan Lace Ups Boots RLB998 8 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these boots!, 1 April 2013
I had been looking for a pair of boots similar to these for ages. I don't usually buy footwear online as I take a half size and also have awkwardly narrow feet, but I liked the look of these so much that I just had to take the chance. Went for a size 8 (I'm a 7.5) and paid for express delivery. The boots arrived in Northern Ireland within two days and are just fab. They are ever-so-slightly big in the foot, but a pair of insoles has sorted that out, and they are a great fit in the leg (slim but not tight). The leather in them is good quality (contrary to other reviews; not sure what that person was expecting) and they are a very striking tan colour, true to images. They are so unusual and different looking, I've already had lots of admiring comments and I've only worn them once! So glad I bought them; I can see me wearing these for years yet. :-)

Balneol Soothing Perianal Cleansing Lotion - 3 oz
Balneol Soothing Perianal Cleansing Lotion - 3 oz
Offered by UK Health

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me., 25 Mar. 2013
I bought this as a Great White Hope, having suffered from pruritus ani for over a year. Having seen some positive reviews, I grabbed at straws and paid the extortionate price for this little bottle. Granted it felt nice the first time I used it, but then, within two days - as with every single other lotion, potion and cream I have tried - it began to irritate my already irritated skin even further. SAD FACE.
Perhaps this stuff works for some people, but it is increasingly seeming to be that all these things have the same base ingredients, one of which I am quite obviously allergic to. Another waste of money. Bummer - literally.

Ash Bowie Wedge Multi Black Taupe Prune Hi Top Trainer
Ash Bowie Wedge Multi Black Taupe Prune Hi Top Trainer

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't listen to the Ash size guide!!!, 23 Mar. 2013
I bought these shoes online and was really looking forward to receiving them. Having read the Ash statement that their shoes are of a generous fit, I did as instructed and ordered a smaller size. I am usually a size 7.5, so I ordered a size 7 as recommended. When my shoes arrived, I excitedly tried them on - and guess what? They didn't fit!
They were half a size too small and, if I squeezed into them, they also made my feet look tiny and totally out of proportion with my body. Like a wedge-trainer wearing Geisha...
So anyway, MY recommendation is that these shoes are in fact true to size - buy your normal size, people, and don't listen to Ash!
Other than that, they are lovely shoes, great quality, stylish; and I would have really enjoyed wearing them. If they had fit me.

Ministry Of Sound's Chillates [DVD]
Ministry Of Sound's Chillates [DVD]
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but not brilliant either..., 25 Jan. 2013
Having left my beloved-but-far-too-expensive gym last summer and gone into a bit of a slump, putting on a stone in weight since, my New Year's Resolution a few weeks ago was to lose the aforementioned stone as quickly (and healthily) as possible. I used to LOVE the Les Mills classes at my old gym and would have attended five or six classes per week - it's the one thing I really miss. So I went on a bit of a search for exercise DVDs that would be comparable to the Les Mills style of workout - i.e: fun, challenging and with a kick-ass soundtrack. As I've discovered through a few bad purchases, the only ones that even come close are the Ministry of Sound DVDs. I've already got the MOS Pump it Up - Burn It, Lose It DVD, which is a reasonable substitute for my beloved Body Combat classes; and I then bought Chillates as a stand-in for Body Balance (a choreographed mix of tai chi, pilates and yoga).
I am nowhere near as fit or flexible as I had become previously, but I have to say that I still didn't find the Chillates workout all that troublesome. I'm happy that it will help me start to tone up again, and will help me get my flexibility back; but I just wonder whether, after a few weeks more, I will be finding it all that much of a challenge...? The warm-up section is fine (although I could do a more comprehensive one myself). The guided meditation isn't a patch on my old instructor and some of the wording is fairly odd, which made me laugh rather than relax the first time I heard it! The standing yoga section is pretty good but only starts to really get into a smooth, flowing routine towards the end; the core strength section is reasonable and the salutation section is fine too (though, again, I prefer my own sun salutation sequence). I would agree that the Chillates DVD is not suitable for complete beginners - you will struggle with the salutations if you don't already have at least some core and upper body strength - and the narration is not all that helpful in keeping up or following the moves. But if you've done a little yoga or pilates before, or have a basic level of fitness, then you should probably be able to give it a go; there are three different difficulty levels, after all. And speaking from experience you should, with this type of workout, notice some physical changes pretty quickly if you persevere with it at least once or twice a week.
So all in all, it's a decent enough DVD; all the better for the addition of some good music instead of the usual pan pipes background dross. But I am reserving judgement on how long this workout will actually keep me occupied or challenged once I get fitter again...

Acai Berry 500mg 120 Capsules - Freeze Dried Super Food Potent Health Dietary and Weight Loss Supplement
Offered by Troo Health Care

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally Amazed..., 13 May 2011
I bought these tablets three weeks ago because I wanted to shift some post-winter flab before I went on holiday. I wasn't holding out much hope for a miracle but figured I had nothing to lose by trying these. My diet is not terrible and I go to the gym around three times a week; but those stubborn last few pounds were bugging me and proving hard to shift.
My tablets arrived very quickly after I ordered them and I was pleased with the service I received from the seller. I started taking them immediately - the instructions say to take between two and four per day before food with a glass of water, which I did.
Now... here's the bit where I say something even I can't quite believe I'm saying... THEY WORK. Yes, really - they work.
I started out on the four-a-day dose and, for the first week, I saw no change, other than feeling a little gassy and bloated. At this point I was pretty much convinced that the Acai effect was all a con. But I reduced the dose to two per day and kept taking them - and gradually, the weight started to come off. I didn't change my diet radically (other than trying to eat fewer sugary snacks, which didn't always work!) and I actually did less exercise than usual due to a bad back. But I'm flying off on holiday tomorrow, and I'm thrilled to say that I've hit my target weight loss and more - I've lost nine pounds in three weeks. I'm truly amazed because I didn't expect to see any results and bought these tablets with a completely open mind.
I'm going to keep taking them to see what happens; I don't know how they work, but all I can say is that, for me, they did. I'm impressed and will definitely buy again.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 1, 2011 2:32 PM BST

The Private Lives Of Pippa Lee [DVD]
The Private Lives Of Pippa Lee [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robin Wright Penn
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovelovelovelovelove it!, 19 Jan. 2011
I bought this DVD after browsing Amazon, looking for something easy to watch. What attracted me was the cast - I'm a huge fan of most of the lead actors already and I was far from disappointed. Robin Wright is her usual watchable, understated self, ageing so gracefully it makes me want to scream...! Alan Arkin is as brilliant and curmudgeonly as ever; and Keanu Reeves is the real stand-out in the cast for me - natural, engaging and utterly believable. Why more directors can't let him just ACT, I don't understand; Ms Miller obviously knows how to coax the very best out of her performers. I was also interested to see Blake Lively in a role outside of Gossip Girl and, I have to say, I was reasonably impressed; she may just make a decent actress some day.
All in all, I adored this film; the final scenes left me with tears in my eyes - but tears of joy. Loved it. Buy it!