Profile for D F > Reviews

Eurosonic 1/1m 4-Gang Extension Lead
Eurosonic 1/1m 4-Gang Extension Lead
Offered by Guilty Gadgets

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine, 24 May 2017
It's just an extension lead with 4 sockets. It works.

Connected Essentials CEH50 Telephone Headset for Digital Cordless Telephones (DECT)

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable but the maximum volume is still quite low., 24 May 2017
Fine headset, relatively comfortable. The little in-line control is clear to use, although the mute switch is a bit fiddly, a few times I thought I was muted but I was not.
My main complain though is that, even at maximum volume, it is quite low. To compound that, the volume switch is very easy to accidentally lower, just by rubbing it against your shirt a little.
Overall, for the money it does the job, but if I was buying again and there were other slightly better options, I would try something else.

simplehuman Profile Open Bin, 10 L - Brushed Stainless Steel
simplehuman Profile Open Bin, 10 L - Brushed Stainless Steel

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks better than it is., 23 May 2017
I bought this because it's the only size that fits under my sink and looks relatively stylish.

The problem I have with it is the split design, where the top rim comes out. The idea is, i suppose, to be able to "hide" the bag. The problem is that, if you're using carrier bags, it's impossible to hide the bag completely. And having the top rim loose makes it slightly awkward to move/lift/drag the bin, because it comes out easily...

I think this is not an improvement over the old "carrier bag" model from simplehuman, which was excellent and more functional. Arguably uglier, but since I kept it under the sink, looks are secondary. This one looks better, but it's less practical for my use-case..

Vileda SuperMocio 3Action XL Mop and Bucket Set, Red/Blue
Vileda SuperMocio 3Action XL Mop and Bucket Set, Red/Blue

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless mop, 23 May 2017
The bucket is perfect, just as usual. The mop is useless. It comes unassembled in 3 parts which should "click" together. The problem is that they "unclick" just as easily, so the mop is constantly spinning and a few times the segments have separated while mopping. Not worth returning for the cost and hassle, but i'll have to buy a more solid mop. Coming from a reputable brand, I find this quality really very poor.

Pure White Pasta Bowl - Pack of 6
Pure White Pasta Bowl - Pack of 6
Offered by Revelation At Home

2.0 out of 5 stars Not quite "Pure White" colour, 23 May 2017
This review is from: Pure White Pasta Bowl - Pack of 6
Slightly misleading name, since the plates aren't really "pure white". They're just off white, slightly creamy colour. Since the rest of my plates and bowls really are pure white, this just looks a bit odd. It also has a few black "spots", and the bottom rim feels a bit too rough.

On the upside, they feel substantial and solid. Quite thick and good size.

Desk Lamp, TaoTronics Metal LED Table Lamps For Bedrooms ( Ultra-slim, Aircraft-grade Alloy, Eye-caring LED, 6 Brightness + Three Color Modes Lamps For Living Room, Energy-efficient)
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great light, a little on the big side, 7 May 2017
It's a very nice lamp, the light quality is good and the 18 settings are very useful to make sure you can always get the exact type of light needed. The lamp looks very modern with clean lines and it is very stable (heavy base).

The only negatives I can find is that it's a little bit bigger than I was expecting. It's fine for my desk but for a small desk (less than 100x50cm) it might look oversized. Also, the USB charges quite slowly, and I think it's only a 1A (i couldn't find the specs) so modern iPads or large smartphones might struggle to charge, or do it very slowly. But overall, on balance, i would still rate it highly, hence the 5*.

Slazenger Ankle Trainer Sports Socks White Mens 7-11 (5 Pairs)
Slazenger Ankle Trainer Sports Socks White Mens 7-11 (5 Pairs)
Offered by -CENTRO-UK- (100% POSITIVE RATED; 14,000+ FEEDBACKS)

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable thin socks., 9 Nov. 2016
Very good socks, especially for the price paid. The fabric is sort of thin, so I don't know how well they'll fare over the long term. But they're comfortable and look good.

I used them for running, gym, and just being around the house.

Puma Speed 300 IGNITE, Unisex Adults Running Shoes, Multicolor (White/Atomic Blue/Red Blast), 8.5 UK (42.5 EU)
Offered by Start Fitness

5.0 out of 5 stars Light and comfortable trainers!, 9 Nov. 2016
These are comfortable, very light, and have a great grip. I came to these from a previous pair of Puma FAAS 300, so I was already used to the 0.8mm profile. However, if you aren't used to it, I'd recommend taking a few short easy runs in the first couple of weeks, otherwise you'll kill your calves.
I'd definitely buy again (and I probably will, once this pair runs out!)

200 Slow Cooker Recipes: Hamlyn All Colour Cookbook (Hamlyn All Colour Cookery)
200 Slow Cooker Recipes: Hamlyn All Colour Cookbook (Hamlyn All Colour Cookery)
by Sara Lewis

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really a "slow cooker" recipe book - you'll be cooking a lot before you get the ingredients into the slow cooker!, 9 Nov. 2016
This is a good little book, with a wide range of recipes (from soups and starters to desserts, as well as mains). It has pictures, and it doesn't have (generally!) crazy ingredients nobody has ever heard of, like other recipe books.

I think though, it really misses the point and main advantage of the slow cooker. Almost *every* recipe on this book requires to part-cook things separately, sometimes even in several batches (first cook this, then fry that, then boil such and such), before you finally put it all in the pot for however many hours.

That's just silly, in my view. If you have done all the part cooking and preparation for 30 minutes, you might as well just finish cooking the whole thing normally, in the time that it takes you from cleaning the myriad pots and pans you'll have used in prepping.

So, as a recipe book, I'm happy with it. But I don't think I'll be trying many of the recipes because of the extensive prepping/cooking required beforehand. I mean, I might try the recipes, but not with my slow cooker! Which is why I'm giving this book just a 3*.

MyProtein  Creatine Monohydrate 500g
MyProtein Creatine Monohydrate 500g

5.0 out of 5 stars Mixes well and doesn't taste of rat poison., 9 Nov. 2016
This creatine mixes well (no lumps), it's fairly priced and doesn't taste horrible. Not much else to say :-)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5