Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now
Profile for Wim2600 > Reviews

Content by Wim2600

Wim2600

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
WD 1TB  My Passport for Mac Portable External Hard Drive - USB 3.0 - WDBJBS0010BSL-EESN
WD 1TB My Passport for Mac Portable External Hard Drive - USB 3.0 - WDBJBS0010BSL-EESN

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, and very easy to use, 29 Jan. 2016
When "My Passport" arrived, I was surprised at how compact and light it was.

I had ordered it to accompany my new Macbook, as I wanted a device I could plug in a couple of times a week to make a Time Machine back-up.

What I didn't know - and what came as a nice surprise - was how easy it would be to partition it, so I now use 600GB as Time Machine back-up space (which will be enough, even if I were to use the Macbook's 512GB memory to the max), and the remaining 400GB can serve as an external hard drive for movies, photos, etc.

Very pleased with my purchase, excellent value for money.

Chris Addison Live [DVD]
Chris Addison Live [DVD]
Dvd ~ Unknown Actor
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable enough, but not brilliant, 20 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Chris Addison Live [DVD] (DVD)
Bought this dvd because I really enjoyed Chris Addison in Lab Rats.

As a stand-up comedian, however, while Chris was really funny at times, his set had quite a few weaker moments as well.

Also, I really could have done with (English) subtitles, as Chris wasn't always that easy to understand (especially for a non-native English speaker like me).

The Fairest One Of All
The Fairest One Of All
by J.B. Kaufman

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 29 Dec. 2015
This review is from: The Fairest One Of All (Hardcover)
Beautiful book! Bought a second-hand copy at a fraction of the regular price, so I didn't expect it to be in perfect condition, but it was - even down to still being shrink-wrapped.

As to the contents: exquisite artwork, a pleasant layout and typeface, and a fascinating behind-the-scenes story.

EPOSGEAR® 100 GL9 5" x 7.5" (125mm x 190mm) Large Clear Grip Self Press Seal Resealable Poly Polythene Plastic Storage Bags - VAT INVOICE & FREE SHIPPING
Offered by EPOSGEAR

W1A - Series 1-2 [DVD] [2014]
W1A - Series 1-2 [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Hugh Bonneville

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, but not up to Twenty Twelve standard, 15 Dec. 2015
Quite frankly, Ian Fletcher (Hugh Bonneville) and Siobhan Sharpe (Jessica Hynes) make this series worthwile... if you loved them in Twenty Twelve, you'll love them in W1A - even if the material and the rest of the cast are occasionally a bit hit and miss.

Don't get me wrong: it's still a great series, and the voice-overs are hilarious, but I miss some of the high-paced brilliance that made Twenty Twelve such unmissable viewing.

Jonathan Creek - Series 5 [DVD]
Jonathan Creek - Series 5 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Alan Davies

3.0 out of 5 stars Still OK, but not as great as it used to be, 15 Dec. 2015
While I love 'Susan the Happy Trotting Elf', I still can't get my head around the fact she's now married to our beloved Jonathan, without adding much to the series as a whole. She's not even a plot device, she's just... there. Weird.

This fifth series is still watchable, but a lot less "inspired" than the earlier adventures.

Birds of a Feather: The Complete ITV Series 2 [DVD]
Birds of a Feather: The Complete ITV Series 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Pauline Quirke

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, 15 Dec. 2015
Not as strong as the original BBC series, but still good fun - and the main cast still bounce off each other like they used to.

Fun & Fancy Free/ Ichabod and Mr Toad [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Fun & Fancy Free/ Ichabod and Mr Toad [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Edgar Bergen
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, especially the bonus feature, 15 Dec. 2015
Two classics for the price of one, and the complete (74 min.) HD version of "The Reluctant Dragon" thrown in as an unexpected bonus - what's not to like?

Jack&Chris®Men's High Quality Genuine Leather Wallet Purse,NM8026 (coffee)
Jack&Chris®Men's High Quality Genuine Leather Wallet Purse,NM8026 (coffee)

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent quality for a moderate price, 15 Dec. 2015
I was looking for a wallet that was a bit larger than usual, with enough space to hold my bank and other cards as well as my mobile phone.
This one looked like it would fit the bill, and it does: my iPhone fits nicely into it, even with its protective case.
I was pleasantly surprised by the soft leather and the fine finishing. The zippers run very smoothly and feel like they're of good quality. Time will tell, of course, but up till now I'm very happy with my purchase.

The only 'downside' - but that's merely a matter of personal preference, and no reason to knock a star off the review - is that the zippers and the clasp are a very bright and shiny gold colour - I would have preferred something more subdued.

The Simpsons: Complete Season 17 [DVD]
The Simpsons: Complete Season 17 [DVD]

4.0 out of 5 stars Too bad it's the last season to get a dvd release..., 14 May 2015
I still enjoy the Simpsons after all this time, and for years I was happy to add another season to my dvd collection. That's why I'm disappointed Fox have announced they will no longer be releasing any Simpsons dvds or blu-rays.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 30, 2015 7:58 AM BST