Profile for BlueHands_Marshall > Reviews

Content by BlueHands_Marshall

BlueHands_Marshall (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
MoKo Bluetooth Keyboard, Dual Device Multi-OS Bluetooth 3.0 Keyboard, with Docking and Touch Pad for Computers, Tablets and Smartphones, Fit iOS(Mac), Android and Windows System, Black and Orange

2.0 out of 5 stars Touch Pad for Navigation, 1 May 2016
Positives:

- I brought this Touch Pad keyboard because of the layout plus the dimensions of the product seen on the product page. Looking at it now, its just about a decent size with each key measuring 2.1 x 2.1 cm in size. I connected it to my HP Pavilion laptop via Bluetooth without any issue. Really quick response times when typing.

Negatives:

- If you're like me heavily dependent on a touch pad for navigation, I do not recommend you buying it. The touch pad sometimes requires 2 or 3 swipes just to get the cursor to respond on screen and it can become really annoying after a while. This was the deal breaker for me.

- It does have a cheap flimsy plastic feel to it and it creaks when I hold it with one hand from either end.

Alternatives:
I'm going for a Logitech one with a touch pad to see how it is. Its a bit more expensive, but its as they say; "you buy cheap, you buy twice!"

Pros:
+} Good Connectivity via Bluetooth
+} Good response times only when typing
+} Light weight

Cons:
+} Cheap flimsy plastic that creaks a lot
+} Touch pad is non responsive at times (requiring 2 or 3 swipes for a response)

EDIT: I've sent back the MoKo and received the USB unifying Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 Plus. There are NO short inactive moments with the touch pad at all. Really quick response on screen exactly how it would be on my laptop. I use Windows 7/10 OS. I highly recommend you think about spending extra for a more reliable brand - what ever it may be.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 22, 2016 7:33 AM GMT

160 FRAGILE - Handle with care Labels Large Stickers
160 FRAGILE - Handle with care Labels Large Stickers
Offered by Mediasave

1.0 out of 5 stars Not quite the same as the one in the preview :), 13 April 2016
160 fragile stickers for 3 quid. I know, right? Thought I was on to something. Well turns out the product I received today is nothing but a pile of cack! "Fragile With Care" I mean, seriously? Someone must have typed that in a hurry. Useless! Truly a rubbish buy and the font isn't in bold either. Avoid the seller, avoid the site.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 28, 2017 5:57 PM BST

Insecto INS3004 Super Bug Destroyer 500ml
Insecto INS3004 Super Bug Destroyer 500ml
Offered by Murrell Trading

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent! :D, 2 Jan. 2016
If you have Carpet Beetles, these will work well with getting rid with immediate effect. Much more effective than anything else I've used, really and truly.

I saw a woolly bear (the larvae form of the carpet beetle) on the wall a month ago, and I just wanted to see why they disappear after I use this thing. I don't know what made me do it, instead of pinching it off the wall with disinfectant wipes, I sprayed it on the woolly bear and I left it there. I got distracted with other things and forget about it till I came right past it not long after. Now, don’t be creeped out, but it looked like it wanted to come right off that spot where it was on the wall with half its body curled right up, with nowhere else to go. :( Never before had I felt sorry for the poor things.

I had already decided it was my primary bug killer, however after seeing that, I don’t touch any other bug killing agent. I mean why waste money on anything else when you have the real deal right here.

Seagate Backup Plus 4 TB USB 3.0 Portable 2.5 inch External Hard Drive for PC and Mac - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars ONE Internal 4TB Drive Inside!!!, 1 Jan. 2016
I was in need of a large capacity portable drive to use as backups and found the 4TB Backup Plus from Seagate. It worked after connecting it to the laptop and I began work on it. I removed all of the preloaded automated rubbish and encrypted the whole drive with Truecrypt. Having to rely on something automated to pack away valuable data into storage is foreign to me. Drag and drop is the way forward. I use Windows 7/10 OS. Over an hour later from my break, 257GB was successfully transferred without a hitch.

I've learned of the disadvantages of drives configured to RAID 0 as it allows for total data loss if one of the two internal drives fails. With that in mind, I've done some research into the 2 similar offerings from Seagate before purchasing. I found that the "Backup Plus 4TB" which is the one I brought has 1 ONE internal 4tb drive inside. The other version which is called "Backup Plus FAST 4TB" has 2 Samsung drives inside and is configured to RAID 0, hence why the "Backup Plus FAST 4TB Portable" is more expensive than the "Backup Plus 4TB Portable".

See here for price comparison and spec;

....and Google search "Seagate Review: Hands-On With the 4TB Backup Plus Portable Hard Drive With Lyve Integration" and its a site called MacRumors. There it'll tell you about the comparisons between the two 4tb 2.5" Portable offerings from Seagate.

My only complaint about this drive is there are no rubber feet on it. Its actually quite annoying how incredibly slippery they are and they can easily they can slide off the table for example, if you're not careful. Take extra care with these on smooth surfaces. Lucky I have some Blu-Tack laying around. They work great with these drives.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid unit., 16 Dec. 2015
I began fitting this sideboard together with clearly labelled instructions provided. With the main boards slotted into place to form a boxed shape and near completion, it was looking really unstable as I rocked it side to side on its 4 legs. Towards the end of the build, all that was left of the bits and bobs were what appeared to be plastic stabilizers and some criss-cross screws. So I took another glance at the instructions and they were for the back of the unit, but no predrilled holes could be found. So I used a power drill to firmly fix the stabilizers in place with crisscross screws at various points as per instructions. No pre-drilling holes before screwing in criss-cross screws. There. That made it really stiff, real solid. I breathed a sigh of relief after that.

The finished product looks good, sturdy wood and it could last a long, long time. There are only two things wrong with it which are; 1) the draw when closed sticks out about half a centimetre making it look a tad untidy. At least the draw is made in a way so the bottom will not ever give way after a long while. 2) The flat board shelve for the inside cabinet doesn’t have any predrilled holes on to hold the shelve board in place: thus making it totally useless. Saying all that, I’m still quite happy with this purchase for the price it currently is.

ULTRICS® Premium USB 3.0 Type A to Micro-B Cable FOR WESTERN DIGITAL WD SEAGATE TOSHIBA SAMSUNG EXTERNAL HARD DRIVES Super Fast High Speed Data Transfer Charging Cable BLUE, USB 3.0 Type A Male to B Micro Sync Data HDD Hard Disk Cable
Offered by ULTRICS

2.0 out of 5 stars edit: Quality control must have dipped after 2015 or I must be unlucky to receive dodgy USB cables twice in a row., 21 Oct. 2015
I needed to buy 4 and these were the cheapest around. To be honest, I was a bit dubious of the quality of the product before purchasing it. However, I’m happy to report it’s a tight fit at both connection points, no side to side movements in the sockets. And I had no problems whatsoever transferring data from PC to HDD. I’ll be ordering some more next time. 10/10..

EDIT:

I had to change this review from a five star to a 2 star rating. I brought 4 of the ULTRICS USB cables in 2015 and given one away. Then I brought one more in 2016. The 2016 cable developed a problem and had forced a dismount of my HDD from my laptop, and it ended up freezing the system on my laptop.

I thought the fault was with the hard drive, but decided to switch to one of the 3 ULTRICS USB cables I brought in 2015 to see if it would solve it. And it did. Manual file transfers had resumed and I binned the 2016 ULTRICS cable. Diagnostics tests showed the hard drives to be in optimum health. No errors found in check disk utility in Windows. I was willing to count that one event as a one off, until now. I brought an extra blue ULTRICS USB cable recently, and the very same thing happened. It forced a dismount and the system had completely froze, twice on that day!! Again unplugging from the other HDDs and switching to the 2015 USB cables solved the problem and I had to bin the 2017 cable.

How can I tell them apart you're maybe thinking? The one I brought in January 2017 looks very much like the 2016 one at the connector end. The 3 others I brought in year 2015 are all virtually the same.
Quality control must have peaked in 2015 and dropped quite considerably in 2016. Either that, or I must be extremely unlucky to have received 2 dodgy ULTRICS USB cables... twice in a row.

2 stars.

200W Nordstrand Electric Hot Knife Styrofoam Polystyrene Thermal Cutter with 150mm Blade & Accessories
Offered by Smart Parts UK, Digital Lifestyle Retailer

3.0 out of 5 stars For the purpose of a straight cut through ethafoam!, 18 Sept. 2015
I brought the electric hot knife to see if it will cut through ethafoam blocks and create foam inserts. It cuts like butter effortlessly, much like a serrated blade does. Only a serrated blade sometimes leaves frayed edges. I used spare ethafoam blocks as practice. I heated the blade so it’s hot enough to cut through, but not so hot it melts the foam leaving slightly uneven edges. I had to gently move through the foam at a slow speed, without any breaks till I've completed one insert cut out. To my disappointment, I could not get a straight professional cut. I dared not use it against a straight edge in case it might damage the blade or the heating element. I should have seen this flaw straight off before making a purchase. An electric hot knife with a guide would have been more suited to my purposes. For now, I’ll use Kaizen foam which has proven to be far easier to work with. I’ve sent back the electric hot knife in exchange for a full refund.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Some over the counter items works & some do not. This is one that does NOT work!!!, 4 Aug. 2015
I live in a populated area with excess forestation all around; with that comes all kinds of creepy crawlies that creepeth in and around the place. When it rains, they'll somehow find a way into the house. We had 2 different species of unidentifiable flies, the odd fruit flies, dragon flies, moths, spiders and an earwig. -_- The other week, I saw an earwig happily crawling on the stair wall. I immediately let loose the Insectrol right on it, but did it fall off the wall? NOPE! Despite it getting a good soaking, it continued on its way veeery slowly like nobody's business. About 10 minutes later, I got mad and crushed it.

I originally brought the Insectrol based on what someone had said; "it takes a while to kill off the bigger spiders". I hate spiders, and since it failed to "chemically kill" every other type of bug I've come across in the past month, it was the last chance for the Insectrol. I spotted a fairly big spider on the corner wall the other week. Right, here's my chance! I sprayed this stuff on the spider at a distance. It shifted a bit and went and stayed in its position for a while. Then I eagerly waited for it to fall off the wall.... and then I waited.... aaand I waited some more! I decided to take a break from working on my laptop and went on my PS3 just to keep an eye on it for a while. I fell asleep and woke up later, aaaand IT WAS GONE! There was no sign of its curled up body anywhere, anyplace. The only thing the Insectrol did kill was a mahoosive, and yet rather weak looking dragonfly; crushed under the pressure of the fine mist jet stream of the Insectrol, and thus it got wet and had stuck to the tile wall.

I am really baffled by the sheer amount of good reviews for the Insectrol. I really thought I was on to something, but it turned out to be one big disappointment. A complete waste of my time and money. Did I somehow receive a dud? After my last experience with another Rentokil product, I've should have avoided buying this. Well, that's me done with the Rentokil brand for good!

TRIXES 4 x Family Value Bundle Pack of TSA Padlocks for Holiday Luggage School Lockers
Offered by Digiflex

5.0 out of 5 stars Confused? Proper instructions are here. Read on...., 19 April 2015
Proper instructions
Step 1 - Throw away the instructions that came with the combination locks.
Step 2 - The code is set to 0000 by the manufacture. To unlock the shackle, dial in 0000.
Step 3 - Turn the shackle 90 degrees counter clockwise and allow the noodle on the shackle to sit in the slot.
Step 4 - Press and hold down on the shackle and dial in whatever combination you want it to be.
Step 5 - Release the shackle and turn it clockwise back to its lock position and click it in. Your new combination is set.

Don't forget to secure your luggage by randomising the numbers. That's how you lock it. To unlock it, simply dial in your set combination.

Works first time every time.

Acer Iconia Tab A3 10-inch Tablet (White) - (ARM Cortex A7 1.3GHz, 1GB RAM, 32GB Memory, WLAN, Bluetooth, Android 4.4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great buy for the price it was!!, 16 April 2015
Super fast super smooth menu browsing, even when the resource hog "CM Security anti virus" app is running in the background. It don't even flinch. Build quality is really sound, really well made like an expensive super sized touchscreen mobile. And its packed with so much features and many more can be added. There's hours and hours of fun to be had. There's just one thing I have issue with; the volume level is low, even when turned high with or without headphones. And I was looking forward to listening to my music collection.

{ PROS }
+} Internal memory 32GB
+} Expandable memory up to 64GB with micro sd cards
+} Smooth performance without any jitters even with other apps running at the same time.
+} Wi-Fi enabled
+) Micro HDMI
+} Excellent video playback! 8bit and 10bit/Hi10

{ CONS }
+} Not the full size 1920 X 1080 screen. Only 1280 X 720 resolution.
+} Volume level is low at its maximum, so no real joy when listening to music with or without headphones

Page: 1 | 2