Profile for S. W. Buck > Reviews

Content by S. W. Buck

S. W. Buck (East Riding of Yorkshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Days of Thrills & Laughter [DVD] [US Import]
Days of Thrills & Laughter [DVD] [US Import]

5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless comedy., 14 Dec. 2014
I remember seeing this first when I was six years old in the early sixties. It was shown around Christmas on the TV. I was glued to the screen from start to finish. This was my first introduction to the silent comedies of old. Time passed and I purchased a vhs version in the early nineties which was very poor quality. Thank goodness it has been released on dvd. The picture quality is very good and upon receiving the dvd from Amazon I was glued to the screen again from start to finish. I would recommend 'Day's of Thrills and Laughter' to anyone who loves good comedy. One scene which stands out is when Charlie Chaplin accidentally drops some ice cream down a ladies back. Timeless comedy.

Great Marches
Great Marches

5.0 out of 5 stars Toe tapping music., 2 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Great Marches (Audio CD)
An excellent programme of marches. Played with spirit by one of the great conductors with a fine orchestra. Sir Adrian Boult with the London Philharmonic Orchestra. I had this in the 70's on a Classics for Pleasure LP. The remastering is also first rate. The other recordings have been added to fill the CD and are also very well recorded. Highly recommended.

The World of Ballet
The World of Ballet

5.0 out of 5 stars A welcome rerelease., 30 Aug. 2014
This review is from: The World of Ballet (Audio CD)
What a fantastic Couple of CD's. Sheer enjoyment from start to finish. A few tracks are in mono but that doesn't spoil the enjoyment. The Facade suites are very well recorded in stereo with a performance to match. I had most of this music on two LP's back in the 70's and I am very pleased to have them back in my collection again. Decca recordings at their finest.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Home grown strawberries, 25 Jun. 2014
Thought I would grow my own strawberries this year in hanging baskets. Looked around for some strawberry food and found this product. Followed the instructions and the result is amazing. Lovely juicy fruit and fresh. I would recommend this product to anyone who wants a good crop of strawberries. Now where is the cream, ah yes.

Artis Large Folding Storage Ottoman Pouffe Seat Stool Box Brown
Artis Large Folding Storage Ottoman Pouffe Seat Stool Box Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Ottoman seat., 20 Jun. 2014
Very handy piece of furniture and also very comfortable. Lots of storage space and looks very stylish in the room. Thanks very much.

Geoff Love & His Orchestra Big Western Movie Themes & Great TV Western Themes
Geoff Love & His Orchestra Big Western Movie Themes & Great TV Western Themes
Offered by Vocalion/Dutton Epoch Direct (Crazygreen8)

5.0 out of 5 stars Geoff Love at his best., 6 May 2014
I had the TV Westerns LP bought for me in 1971. Even though I was only 13 at the time. I played this record over and over. Sadly the LP finally wore out and was disposed of. When I purchased this CD it brought back many happy memories. The sound is first class and the arrangements are also top notch. Geoff love and his orchestra brought out quite a few LP's of film and TV themes in the 70's. For me this one is by far the best. I have lost count of the number of times I have played this CD.

The Banana Splits - Complete Season 1 [DVD] [2009]
The Banana Splits - Complete Season 1 [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Jeffrey Brock
Offered by RevNet Posts from UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy memories, 22 Feb. 2014
DVD arrived promptly and well wrapped. DVD brought back many happy childhood memories. Altogether now, tra la la, la la la la. Thanks.

Silva Screen Soundtrack Sampler
Silva Screen Soundtrack Sampler

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sampler, 26 Dec. 2013
As alway's with Silva Screen, very good sound complemented by good performances. I have quite a few Silva Screen CD's and was very pleased to download this free sampler. Thank you Amazon.

The World Of Great Classics, Vol.7
The World Of Great Classics, Vol.7

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Overtures., 24 Oct. 2013
These recordings bring back happy memories for me when building my LP collection as a teenager in the 70's. The performances are very good and so are the recordings considering their age.The track listings are incorrect though. The Rossini Overtures are played by the Paris Conservatoire Orchestra. The other two are as listed by the London Symphony Orchestra. It is good to have these recordings again since my LP went to charity long ago.

Carnival of the Animals
Carnival of the Animals

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious Carnival, 29 Sept. 2013
I enjoyed very much listening to this recording. Beatrice Lille provides a very funny narrative complimented by a very well recorded London Symphony Orchestra. You wouldn't think this was recorded over fifty years ago. Peter and the Wolf is good but I still prefer the Ralph Richardson/London Symphony also available on Decca. If you want a good recording of Carnival of the Animals, look no further.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6