Profile for Becky D > Reviews

Content by Becky D

Becky D (London, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Half of a Yellow Sun
Half of a Yellow Sun

4.0 out of 5 stars I could almost see the characters!, 3 Nov. 2014
A lovely thought-provoking, insightful read. Enjoyed the style of writing which made the characters come alive for me and made it also easy to visualize. On the down side, print very small, big book and it jumped around in chapters, which made it alittle confusing in places and having to re-read parts to catch up with storyline. It scored highly in our book club. (SSBC)

The Hunger Games Trilogy
The Hunger Games Trilogy
by Suzanne Collins

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Pressie!, 15 Feb. 2014
It made a lovely gift, bought it for my nephew, who loves all things box set, he loved it, hasn't finished reading all yet though.

Philips SHM3300/00  PC Headset
Philips SHM3300/00 PC Headset

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful, 15 Feb. 2014
Great product, value for money! It's my second one as I stood on the first and had to replace it.

In the Name of Ishmael
In the Name of Ishmael
by Giuseppe Genna

2.0 out of 5 stars Slow!, 15 Feb. 2014
This review is from: In the Name of Ishmael (Paperback)
Got even slower as it went on. In my opinion, it was all over the place.
Wouldn't say don't read it, it just wasn't for me.

Eveready 20 x 40 WATT SMALL EDISON SCREW E14 CAP OPAL (WHITE/PEARL/SOFT/OPAQUE) CANDLE BULBS DOUBLE LIFE: 2,000 HOURS

4.0 out of 5 stars More life than your standard, 5 Aug. 2013
They seem to last quite a while longer than the standard ones, you get a few months rather than weeks from them.

10 x 40 Watt Clear Glass Candle Bulbs E14 Small Edison Screw Fitting 400 Lumens
10 x 40 Watt Clear Glass Candle Bulbs E14 Small Edison Screw Fitting 400 Lumens
Offered by ECOTRONICS

3.0 out of 5 stars They certainly don't make them like they use to!, 5 Aug. 2013
They are being used in a chandelier, the life of these are quite short lived, they only seem to last a few weeks before blowing out, usually two or three at a time.

Easynote Washable Fibre Pens (Pack of 24)
Easynote Washable Fibre Pens (Pack of 24)
Offered by hannahs shoes store

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product, 5 Aug. 2013
The students loved them too. Good choice of very bright, vibrant colours and they don't dry out even when the lid has been left off for a while. The students put them through there paces but they help up very well, not losing strength.

Fledgling
Fledgling
by Octavia E Butler

5.0 out of 5 stars Attention Grabbing!!, 5 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Fledgling (Paperback)
We were reading this book as one of the choices for our book club. I couldn't put it down, I loved the way it engaged my imagination, wanting to see what the outcome would be. Excellent read, especially if vamps are your thing,

32 Candles
32 Candles
by Ernessa T Carter

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!!, 15 Jun. 2012
This review is from: 32 Candles (Paperback)
This is not my usual genre of books, but I couldn't put it down. The book had me tense and annoyed at the situations, I even outwardly gasped whilst sitting on the bus reading it! Best read I have had in a long time.

Sheridan, Valance King, 300tc Egyptian Blended Cotton, Silver
Sheridan, Valance King, 300tc Egyptian Blended Cotton, Silver

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as described!, 7 April 2011
Ended up receiving this item twice as on both occasions, they sent me a valance for a bedbase and not a valance sheet as described. Only part of the item was 300TC anyway and would not have in my opinion been value for money even if that was indeed the item that I had ordered.

Page: 1 | 2