Profile for Synesthesia > Reviews

Synesthesia (Norwich, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Opihr Oriental Spiced Gin 70 cl
Opihr Oriental Spiced Gin 70 cl

5.0 out of 5 stars Opihr is one of my favourite gins as it's not like any other one I've ..., 4 Jan. 2016
Opihr is one of my favourite gins as it's not like any other one I've tasted. It has the incredibly warm spice taste that is really complemented by a good tonic and a slice of orange, grapefruit or even a stick of cinammon. Definitely worth a try if you're a gin fan looking for something different!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Jan. 2016
My favourite hand cream! Smells great, not greasy and does the job.

Bioshock and Philosophy: Irrational Game, Rational Book (The Blackwell Philosophy and Pop Culture Series)
by Michael J. Muniz

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Philosophy? Love Bioshock?, 4 Jan. 2016
I've been a massive fan of Bioshock for many years and also am a huge lover of Philosophy, so I really enjoyed reading into some of the big ideas and theories behind the series. It's not a particularly long book but it really does bring up some interesting perspectives.

Anime Wig 31.5" 80cm Sword Art Online Asuna Yuuki Blue Long Straight Wig Women Hair Wig
Offered by com2save ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Jan. 2016
Such a beautiful wig and appears exactly how it does in the photos!

L'Oreal Excel Hicolor Highlights Red 35 g (Case of 6)
L'Oreal Excel Hicolor Highlights Red 35 g (Case of 6)
Offered by Cosmetic Solutions Inc.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's amazing to find a vibrant hair dye that doesn't mean ..., 4 Jan. 2016
It's amazing to find a vibrant hair dye that doesn't mean I have to pre-bleach my hair. I use it with the 30 Oreor Developer Creme (my hair is mid brown) and it comes out a dream every team. NOTE: I did have to dye my hair twice the first time I did it, but since then I only have to dye it the once every 4-5 weeks.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 14, 2016 9:43 PM BST

Mastering the Game: Business and Legal Issues for Video Game Developers - Creative industries - No. 8
by David Greenspan

5.0 out of 5 stars Great legal pointers and commercially relevant to the industry, 4 Jan. 2016
For context, I've worked in the commercial/legal departments of games companies since graduating university (2-3 years), and will soon be continuing my training as a solicitor (UK) specialising in video games, eSports and digital broadcast.

I have found this book as a fantastic point of reference and guidance in multiple areas of law. Greenspan writes in an incredibly straight forward, non-fussy manner and is absolutely focused on games industry issues, both from a legal and commercial perspective. The book covers everything from publisher agreements, console manufacturers, regulation, NDAs, some huge sections on IP and more. I refer to this book an awful lot when considering approaches to specific issues, as well as generally educating myself in areas I'm not as clued up on.

I'm not sure how helpful this book would be to more senior games lawyers, but as someone junior I've found this book to be a great building block to what I know already. If any more of this series is brought out in the future (who knows what issues virtual reality etc will bring!) then I'll be first in line to buy it.

Love and Other Drugs [DVD]
Love and Other Drugs [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jake Gyllenhaal
Offered by Discs4all

4.0 out of 5 stars Because your love is my drug, 6 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Love and Other Drugs [DVD] (DVD)
Described by its cast and crew as an "emoti-com", this is one film that packed a bit more of a punch than most of the romance films that were released last year. Set in the fascinating back drop of the '90s pharmaceutical world, Jamie (Jake Gyllenhaal) is a cocky, womanising, fast-rising star in Pfizer and happens across Maggie (Anne Hathaway) during one of his slightly less ethical exploits.

He could have almost any woman he wants, yet somehow he can't quite shift her; she is free-spirited, opinionated and has her own troubles that have lead her to avoid relationships entirely. This indeed is a story about "love and other drugs", but more than that it is about how love can change us and how we see the world.

Life As We Know It [DVD] [2010]
Life As We Know It [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Katherine Heigl
Offered by MusicnMedia

5.0 out of 5 stars "Asking for help doesn't mean that you've failed, it just means you're not in it alone.", 13 Jan. 2011
On paper, this film looks the same as any old romantic-comedy on your average teenage girl's DVD shelf. Yet somehow on screen, it seems to work more than it should. I cried twice on first viewing which I was NOT expecting!

First off, it's easy to say that Katherine Heigl and Josh Duhamel have a wonderful chemistry; I always find in these sort of films if the two lead actors have worked together before, or have been friends for a while, that their relationship feels so much more natural on screen, which it does here.

The film wins for me on the merit that it has heart; it has its funny moments, but more than that I really did feel the panic and naivety of these two, as the social care worker puts it, "about to have the worst year of their lives" as they try their best to raise Sophie (played by three adorable triplets) when up against a barrage of expectations, new responsibilities and each other, (although I bet you can all predict what happens there. . .)

I gave this film 5/5 as I think it's very strong within its genre, and certainly tied in first place as the best rom-com of 2010 (along with 'Love And Other Drugs') for me. It's not Oscar bait, but it's certainly going on my DVD shelf.

Buried [DVD]
Buried [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ryan Reynolds
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Half the terror being buried alive, half the terror being put on hold., 13 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Buried [DVD] (DVD)
If you're even vaguely claustrophobic, you will experience one of the most relentless and nerve shredding 95 minutes of your life. Even worse for me was the frustration, panic and anger with the people Paul deals with on the phone; this movie is not only incredibly intense, but has a resounding political message on how different departments and institutions deal with situations like these.

The directing and writing is absolutely excellent, which is two of the main aspects which make this film a success; I've been a Ryan Reynolds fan for a few years, and I've watched and loved him in various comic and romantic movies, but this really proves what a fantastic actor he is.

Ashes To Ashes Series 3
Ashes To Ashes Series 3
Offered by FLASH

5.0 out of 5 stars Some classic tunes with Ed Butt's beautiful scores!, 3 April 2010
This review is from: Ashes To Ashes Series 3 (Audio CD)
The tracks on this album speak for themselves- Yazoo's 'Only You', Spandau Ballet's 'True' and Tears For Fears' 'Mad World' are some of the great songs amongst many other classic 80s tunes. However,I own most of these already, and the real reason I ordered the A2A3 soundtrack was so I could have three of Ed Butt's beautiful scores- 'Gene Undercover' has been used in previous series, and it's brilliantly tense. 'Get Me Home' has also been used in the past two series, and I'm thrilled it's finally on one of the soundtracks as it's such an emotive piece; I adore it. And of course, 'The Kiss' which we last saw in series 2 episode 2 of Ashes, and of course is the same music Sam and Annie shared their kiss too in the final episode of Life On Mars. . . one can only hope! ;)

Page: 1 | 2