Profile for C.*.B > Reviews

Content by C.*.B

C.*.B (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Proxelle 3.5mm Wireless Bluetooth Rreceiver, Portable Car Bluetooth Receiver, Wireless Bluetooth Adapter with Bluetooth Jack, for Home Audio Music Streaming Sound System and Bluetooth Car Kit
Offered by Proxelle Ltd.

4.0 out of 5 stars works fine., 7 Sept. 2017
Seems to work fine. First time detecting a device had to be tried a few times. But now is works and the sound quality from the car audio is better than with the jack, which suffered an electrical whining especially when the phone charged. Its compact and small. I would buy one again.

MWC G10 LM Military Watch with Black Strap
MWC G10 LM Military Watch with Black Strap
Offered by RJ Store

3.0 out of 5 stars Stopped after three days, 15 Aug. 2016
This watch looks nice. Maybe I was unlucky, but three days of wearing it in normal conditions and it stopped. I can only think of three reasons for this, the battery they put in was low quality, the watch was stored for a long time with the battery connected or its faulty. Either way its pretty poor. I now will have to buy a tool to take the back off (some screw on design), all a bit of a pain. Getting someone to actually fit the battery is likely to cost half of what the watch did...which is why it stopping after 3 days kind of devalues the watch!

I thought I should get a better model, with automated action or even the standard has a proper battery (and I believe ease of changing it) and not the cheap LM version...but I didn't and here we are.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 8, 2017 6:06 PM GMT

Flashman in the Peninsular
Flashman in the Peninsular
by Robert Brightwell

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy with the escape., 11 Oct. 2015
Awesome insight into the battles. Another great read. Buy the escape at the same time, in my head they are two parts of one story.

Flashman's Escape
Flashman's Escape
by Robert Brightwell

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy with Flashman in the Peninsular (war), 11 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Flashman's Escape (Paperback)
A cracking read. I think this book marks the point where I have adjusted to T Flashman. It is an interesting and exciting story. Moreover, the character is developing nicely. The awkward bit has always been how the author justifies TF doing something risky, which might have been avoided. To parrot the throw away line about protecting his reputation sounds a bit weak. But now the charcter has evolved a little this is easier, and the author seems more keyed into the trap.

In my head this is the second half of flashman in the peninsula....So buy them together.

Keep up the good work.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than the standard BH ones., 16 Jun. 2015
I ordered one of these and a BH portland plotter by mistake, then got sent another cheaper BH one for a RYA nave course. This one is better because: it is slightly bigger. It has a strip on the side that allows you to mark pencil on then put it in the latitude scale to measure distance ( also useful for plotting positions). It feels sturdier.

It also has all the other features the BH (Brundal and Harding?) Portland plotter has. That said there are a few areas to improve.
Its north arrow and direction of travel are not bright and noticable (they are big and coloured on the BH) this resulted in me getting it 180 degrees wrong occasionally until I put some stickers on. I also think they should have a highlight below where you read the degrees, I did this with a projector pen ( BH doesnt have this either). In my opinion the protractor should lock off, have adjustable stiffness. both this and the BH are a bit flimsy.

This one has a pencil holder, and came with a free pencil ( which was low quality).

So this is the best of a bunch, but for the money they could all do better I think. It is basically a large compass without any compass, and even cheap compasses have these features.

The Global Expatriate's Guide to Investing: From Millionaire Teacher to Millionaire Expat
by Andrew Hallam

5.0 out of 5 stars This was a great book for me to read, 5 May 2015
This was a great book for me to read. Hell it might even change your life. Yes there is lots of information on the internet, but the point is a lot is bad. This book allows you to start to differentiate. It also opens your eyes to the vested interests out there who are unwittingly ripping many many people off.

I like the style, with short chapter it was difficult to put down (which is unusual in this topic area). I also like the fact that it was practical in that it explained to beginners exactly how to set things up.

It definitely spurred me into action. It is perhaps quite dear, but definitely worth it.

Home Brew Online Bottle Crown Capper - Metal
Home Brew Online Bottle Crown Capper - Metal
Offered by Home Brew Online

4.0 out of 5 stars Slightly better than the Typical black plastic one I also have., 5 May 2015
Pretty good, feels more sturdy than the (typical) black plastic magnetic one I also have. It has bigger leavers which require a bigger movement, so it is possibly not as quick. It seems slightly better at capping bottles with slightly irregular heads, which occasionally resulted in slightly mucked up caps with the black plastic one. The key difference is that the jaws on this are rubber, while the jaws on the black plastic one are metal. The Jaws on this one are why it fits all bottles better, and is less likely to be damaged. The lack of magnet seems to make no difference at all, and in fact because the dome on this is slightly bigger it is less fiddly to line up. It is couple of inches bigger which may affect some who have limited storage.

So I think this is mildly better than the standard cappers. It is a couple of pounds more but feels like it will last longer. So much of a muchness.

SYMA SYS111 3 Channel Micro Coastguard Radio Control Helicopter
SYMA SYS111 3 Channel Micro Coastguard Radio Control Helicopter
Offered by Amazingbuy-EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, lighter and a different controler than the others., 26 Dec. 2014
I bought 4 different Syma micro helicopters this Christmas, and this one seems to be one of the best. They are all pretty awesome, they withstand multiple crashes and fly really nicely. This one seems to be lighter than the others and last a bit longer. Equally the throttle is not sprung like the black hawk marines and the chinook, which makes it easier to control the throttle. This mainly because if you find the right power for hovering then only minor adjustments need to be made. Basically at 13 odd quid it is the best man toy I have ever played with! That said with a bit of parental supervision my 6 year old nephew managed to fly it fairly successfully.

Red Notice: (Tom Buckingham Thriller 1)
Red Notice: (Tom Buckingham Thriller 1)
by Andy McNab

4.0 out of 5 stars A welcome addition. More entertaining than you average classic., 10 Dec. 2014
Red Notice is on the better than average side of the 'classic' rip roaring, page turning Andy McNabb. A bit of pedictable, but a non-taxing, relaxing read. Good way to kill a few hours... with a few interesting insights into the darker sides of life.

I saw this in the non-duty free 'duty free' shop on the ferry. It was given pride of place next to the counter... which made me chuckle smuggly until I took a sip of the liquid that had been described to me as coffee...the chunnel has always seemed a bit of dangerous concept to me! But read it and judge for yourself.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Swimmer.., 11 Sept. 2014
This swims along beautifully when trolled behind a sea kayak. I literally swims a few feet under the surface. I am impressed.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3