Profile for JaneDee > Reviews

Content by JaneDee

JaneDee "JayDee" (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Unquiet Souls: a DI Gus McGuire case
Unquiet Souls: a DI Gus McGuire case

4.0 out of 5 stars Very readable, 25 Aug. 2016
This book just works. It kept me turning the pages and good twist at the end. If there's any criticism it's that some of the characterisation is a bit overdone - for my taste that could have been rather more subtle. But all in all a very decent read.

Greed: A DI Scott Baker Novel
Greed: A DI Scott Baker Novel

2.0 out of 5 stars Ohhh dear, 11 Jun. 2016
Sorry to disagree with the 6 previous reviews but I have no idea why anyone would give this 4 or 5 stars. Storyline is ok if not particularly original but I found the writing naive and very amateur. I know how much hard work goes into producing a book and I don't like to give bad reviews but this felt like a first draft. As is so often the case this needed a good editor on it. That being said it did at least seem to have been proof read.

Cleaver Square (A DCI Morton Crime Novel Book 2)
Cleaver Square (A DCI Morton Crime Novel Book 2)

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read and more like 3 and a half stars, 31 May 2016
Broadly speaking I enjoyed this book. E tough characters to keep things interesting but not so many to be confusing. However, a bit hard to believe that the culprit wasn't given even a passing thought as a possibility for so long and a very evident lack of knowledge/research about bank and credit card fraud procedures. But if you can forgive those then it's well worth a read.

Trophies
Trophies

3.0 out of 5 stars More than a 3 but not quite a 4, 29 May 2016
This review is from: Trophies (Kindle Edition)
Ok so I feel a bit mean with a 3 but incident quite make it to 4 stars for me. This was a really intriguing idea and I suspect that many of us had forgotten the consequences of that tape and letters in the Yorkshire Ripper enquiry. Sadly I felt it lost its way a little mid way through. A few too many characters made things a bit confusing and a little editing could have tightened it up. Nevertheless it was well worth sticking with and I'll definitely be reading more from this author. And I should also say it makes a nice change to find something that has actually been proof read!

A Death in Winter: 1963: Not all murders are equal
A Death in Winter: 1963: Not all murders are equal

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good read, 5 May 2016
Enjoyed this from start to finish. Great attention to detail and very true to the era. I don't think the synopsis does it justice - wouldn't have downloaded it from that but as all the previous reviews were good decided to have a look. Very glad I did and only disappointed that as yet there are no more books in the series.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 5, 2016 9:36 PM BST

JACKS ARE WILD (Detective Jack Stratton Mystery Thriller Series Book 3)
JACKS ARE WILD (Detective Jack Stratton Mystery Thriller Series Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable romp, 26 April 2016
The storyline in this 'Jack' book is less than believable but nonetheless it was an very enjoyable read. This is the 3rd in the series and I'm about to start the 4th.

The Gangster's Wife
The Gangster's Wife

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't do anything for me, 24 April 2016
I really wanted to like this book and I persevered as long as I could but by page 170 I had to admit defeat. It's incredibly tedious, with long, completely irrelevant descriptions of Elise working at the University, shopping in M&S and having inane conversations. The trip to the 'gangsters' house was a nonsense and completely devoid of any interest. It's not badly written or anything it's simply completely boring. Maybe it gets better but 170 odd pages of going nowhere was enough for me

The Secret of Wild Boar Woods (Dave Slater Mystery Novels Book 6)
The Secret of Wild Boar Woods (Dave Slater Mystery Novels Book 6)

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent enough to pass some time, 23 April 2016
I agree with other reviews that this was more about the interactions of Slater, Norm, Darling and Good news. But it was an ok fairly light read. I don't want to write any spoilers but as you head towards the (slightly frustrating) end you're expected to ignore or accept a huge coincidence around whereabouts and dates and and a big hole in the review of something much earlier in the book.

The Abducted: A Race Against Time- Book 1
The Abducted: A Race Against Time- Book 1

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointing, 23 April 2016
This didn't grab me but I kept going only to find that it doesn't actually have an ending but a continuation which is the next book. Didn't like it enough to be bothered

GIRL JACKED: Detective Jack Stratton Mystery Series (Detective Jack Stratton Mystery Thriller Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very readable, 20 April 2016
Nice writing style makes this very readable and kept me entertained until the end. I'll be reading the next one

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11