Profile for Lynne > Reviews

Element: Targeted Toning Pilates For Beginners [DVD]
Element: Targeted Toning Pilates For Beginners [DVD]
Dvd ~ Elizabeth Ordway

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but warm-up first., 7 Feb. 2016
I am pleased with this one, there are three routines approx 20 minutes each, The first one is all-over, the second targets the stomach and waist and the third bum and legs. I haven't done the 3rd one yet because my legs get quite a bit of excercise anyway. I have done a pilates class for a few years and I find it quite hard but doable. The explanation is there but if you don't know what you are doing then you would have to listen carefully. Her voice is not too annoying. I think it goes into exercise quite abruptly but then it is only 20 minutes and you don't want to waste time with a warm up that you can do yourself. I personally always have to do a few stretches and neck rolls etc before doing the routine and since this meant to be for beginners I think there should be a short warm-up section provided. I was torn between giving it a 3 or a 4 because it is not brilliant for beginners but 4 won because overall I think it is good.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy a bigger size, 28 Dec. 2012
Lovely slippers. Not quite as thick as I was expecting but warm and cosy. There is a hard plastic sole but it is well padded inside and is comfortable to walk on. My husband normally takes size 8 but because other reviewers said they were on the small side I ordered the size 9-10 and these fit him perfectly (definitely not too big).

X-Mini II 2nd Generation Capsule Speaker with 3.5mm Jack Compatible with iPhone/iPad/iPod/Smartphones/Tablets/MP3 Player/Laptop - Black
Offered by Luxor_

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as loud as promised, 28 Dec. 2012
Neat and small. It recharges in a few hours plugged into the computer and the charge seems to last a long time (I have had over 4 hours continous play and it was not showing any signs of running down) The sound quality is very good but it is not as loud as I has expected and in the open air the sound only carries a few metres.

Heart of Darkness
Heart of Darkness
by Joseph Conrad

5.0 out of 5 stars Heart of Darkness, 28 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Heart of Darkness (Paperback)
One of my favorite books of all time. It is a short book with a good story line and beautiful written english. The plot becomes quite tense and the imagery stayed with me long after I read it. If you are only going to read one book by Conrad, make it this one.

THE VEGAN GIRLS GUIDE TO LIFE
THE VEGAN GIRLS GUIDE TO LIFE
by Melisser Elliott

2.0 out of 5 stars Shopper's guide, 27 Dec. 2012
Basically an American shopper guide - very little about actually making things yourself as I expected from the cover. Also definitely for younger girls, which probably I should have expected from the cover!

ION Audio Duo Deck Vinyl Record Player, Cassette Player and USB Converter with Built-In Speakers

2.0 out of 5 stars vari-speed, 27 Dec. 2012
Bought this for Christmas present but am not happy. The needle skipped and the turntable does not keep a constant speed. We will be returning it.

RadioShack Mini Audio Amplifier
RadioShack Mini Audio Amplifier

4.0 out of 5 stars audio amp, 18 April 2012
I think this is a great little amp for the price. I bought one a year ago and have recently purchased another. I use it outdoors to play birdsong and the sound quality is fine at the lower volume levels. There is distortion of mp3 sound at high volume but it does go VERY loud and I never need to put it up that high. It takes a 9V battery that lasts for ages, I am not sure exactly how long but I think I must have used the most recent amp for at least 30 hours now and it is still going on its first battery. It is NOT supplied with a connector so I had to buy a lead/jack. For the price, it is excellent value and I only have not given it 5 stars because of the sound distortion.

River Thieves
River Thieves
by Michael Crummey

5.0 out of 5 stars Memorable, 12 Feb. 2012
This review is from: River Thieves (Paperback)
I loved this book, set in New Foundland at the beginning of the 10th century, it is a story of attempts at contact between the white settlers and the indigenous "red" indians. It is a hard , hard life described with realistic detail, but the main fascination in the story for me was the gradual revealing of the main characters and their relationships. There are some good, strong women characters and an interesting plot. Highly recommended.

7dayshop Intelligent and Super Fast AA and AAA Battery Charger with LCD Display - 600LCD - Charge via Car, Worldwide Mains and USB

2.0 out of 5 stars Short-lived pleasure, 31 Oct. 2011
I was very happy with this when I first got it because it was good value. It charged quickly and came with lots of adapters. The main downsides were that it was difficult to read the display and the instruction leaflet was an unrecognisable collection of english-looking words. However after 10 months of weekly usage it started flashing all 4 lights on certain batteries (the four batteries are supposed to gradually light up as the battery charges). I thought the batteries were faulty and bought new rechargeables but it kept disliking certain batteries and the instruction booklet was no help. After being let down by batteries that were apparently charged on two occasions I have given up with the machine and bought a new Energiser recharger which plugs straight into the wall (seems okay so far). So, I'm fed up that the recharger does not work properly and I have wasted money on new rechargeables that were probably unnecessary but I do still have a USB/Plug adapter.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 28, 2012 6:04 PM GMT

AmazonBasics Universal Soft Camera Case for Digital Cameras
AmazonBasics Universal Soft Camera Case for Digital Cameras

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice for the price, 31 Oct. 2011
I got this case free with the camera and I like it. Plus points are that it is quite roomy which makes it easy to get the camera out if it is on your belt. It also means that it does not press on any of the camera controls making the battery continually run out (which my old case did, very annoying). It has a belt loop, velco fastening and it nicely padded on the sides and bottom, making it ideal for throwing in your bag or rucksack. Negative points are: no padding on the top, not waterproof and no flexibility about how tightly you fasten it, which means with a small camera there is quite a big gap at the sides on the top.
Overall though for £4.99 it is pretty well made and good enough for most circumstances but I would put it away in a bag if it started to rain.

Page: 1 | 2