Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Alice Cooper Shop now Fitbit
Profile for Matt Monroe > Reviews

Content by Matt Monroe

Matt Monroe (UK)

Samsung UE32D5000 32-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p 100hz LED TV with Freeview - Charcoal Black

3.0 out of 5 stars No Freeview!, 17 Jan. 2012
Very good picture quality, I use it as a computer monitor and to watch tv. Despite the product description it doesn't have built in Freeview. Also the backlight shines/glows a little bit from the edges when there is a black image on it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 6, 2012 7:15 PM BST

Inception [Blu-ray] [2010] [Region Free]
Inception [Blu-ray] [2010] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Leonardo DiCaprio
Offered by Revolution Media

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible!, 12 Mar. 2011
Amazing movie. Really interesting story about dream worlds, very complicated though. It's one of those movies you have to see again and again, and every new viewing you discover something new about the movie. It puts you in a good mood, like you have just dreamed a really good dream.

Technically not much to complain, except it does not have Japanese subtitles like it says in the Amazon product details. I'm not Japanese so it doesn't bother me.

The Mission
The Mission

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!, 25 Jan. 2010
This review is from: The Mission (Audio CD)
Very beautiful music! Morricone never fails when doing a music soundtrack for movies. His music is usually conspicuous and flamboyant, it's very simple almost "child-like" music. His music is so good that it almost steals the show in this movie, like it did in those horrible "spaghetti westerns". The Mission soundtrack would have gone together with the Avatar movie perfectly.

Fantastic Planet - Masters of Cinema series [DVD]
Fantastic Planet - Masters of Cinema series [DVD]
Dvd ~ Rene Laloux

3.0 out of 5 stars Psychedelic animation, 4 Jan. 2008
I remember this movie when I was a child, then I felt that it was too depressing to watch. Now after many years it's nice to see it again. The movie is very melancholy but still amazing.

The movie itself is 10+ but the quality of the DVD is terrible. The FORMAT IS NTSC not pal I had to watch it with my computer. The (USA)english dub track was interesting to hear, but I prefer the french audio track more. Nice bonus was the soundtrack on the DVD.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 11, 2009 3:45 PM BST

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars CENSORED, 12 Jun. 2007
I was really disappointed for this DVD when I saw, it was a cut-version of it. Really good looking girls but censored, what a shame! I believe that the uncut-version would be even 5 star.

The Adventures of Tintin: Volume 1 (Compact Editions): "Tintin in the Land of the Soviets", "Tintin in the Congo" v. 1 (The Adventures of Tintin - Compact Editions)
by Hergé

3.0 out of 5 stars Pocket book, 12 Jun. 2007
I have been a Tintin fan almost all my life. I have read all the Tintin adventures in my native language (finnish) and wanted to try finally the english translations. I liked it more, in finnish translations, that Snowy is Milou. Why they didn't use Milou when it's the original name? I also didn't like how small the book was (should read more carefully the "Product details" heh). The book could fit in a pocket and therefore would be a good on travel. So, translations(Snowy)and dimensions(too small): -2 stars
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 11, 2013 10:38 PM GMT