Profile for Jesse > Reviews

Slow Riot for New Zero Kanada
Slow Riot for New Zero Kanada
Offered by uniqueplace-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing cd., 21 July 2012
I absolutly love this cd. All the different sounds and how they emote different feelings. The samples add an errieness to the who album. A must buy for GSYBE fans, or check it out for something new.

He Has Left Us Alone But Shafts Of Light Sometimes Grace The Corner Of Our Rooms

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing cd., 21 July 2012
I love the dark ambiance and sounds scapes from this Godspeed you black emperor side project. Brilliant album and a must have for someone who wants something different.

Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii)
Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Game. A must play for JRPG-ers, 2 May 2012
Keeping it short. Good graphics(always have doubts, knowing it would have been better on Xbox or PS3), amazing sound, fantastic story. A must for the Wii if you are into JRPGs

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)

1.0 out of 5 stars Most frustrating and Dissapointing Game In a Long time., 1 April 2012
After reading all the reviews and the hype around this game, I took the plunge and had such high hopes for this game. The last few that I played on the DS were great, and Zelda: Link to the past and Orcarnia of time are some of the best games ever made. I grew up with it on NES now going to play it on the Wii.

Oh god... the disappointment.

The first 3 hours were finger wagging tutorials, and someone to rival Jar Jar Binks for sheer annoyance we have Fi. The constant badgering, beeps and pongs get old really quick. And it takes ages to get into the story. I just want to hack and slash my way to saving the princess, I don't want to race a giant red bird a couple hours in.

The characters that are around Link are not fun or amusing. The creepy stop sales man, the potion ladies husband and crying baby, and god just stop all of you making really horrid sounds. Just stop.

And the camera work is horrid, you must keep changing it manually, after 2 hours of Link Grunting when he slashes I play with the sound almost muted.

There are very few levels, most of it you go back on yourself and re-explore maps. Why in the SNES version you have this large sweeping world, and now you are so limited. I'm not asking for Final Fantasy sized maps, but why does this feel like a step back.

I've gotten about 20 hrs in, and just cant play it any more. Its not fun, I don't care about any of the characters, and its not terribly engaging. I will try the new Zelda when it comes out, and in the mean time i'm going to go play some Xenoblade Chronicles for some brilliant and original gaming.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 4, 2013 2:09 PM BST