Profile for Joan > Reviews

Content by Joan

Joan "Joan" (Cambridge, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Leaves & Stems on Natural PVC Vinyl Oilcloth Tablecloth by Karina Home (200cm x 137cm)
Offered by Karina Home

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful print, but no border, 29 Jan. 2013
I bought this tablecloth after seeing the great reviews. The print is beautiful and it is nice quality; however, it's a cut piece of oilcloth (and not perfectly either). I guess I was expecting a border, like most PVC cloths you buy in stores. But I guess that's why it's not that expensive. If I had known ahead of time, I'm not sure I"d have bought it. Although it doesn't say it has a border... guess the devil is in the details!

The Drop (Harry Bosch Series)
The Drop (Harry Bosch Series)
by Michael Connelly

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Bosch book in a long time, 20 Jan. 2013
I think this is one of Connelly's best Bosch books. Having two plots at the same time was brilliant. There were some twists and turns and Harry was in form. I can even see the path that his daughter might have in future books... (actually my brother caught that, I completely missed it). I really enjoyed it and stayed up all night to finish it - something I haven't done in a while.

Dyson DC32 Animal Full-size Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner Engineered for Removing Pet Hair

1.0 out of 5 stars Won't buy Dyson again for sure, 29 Sept. 2012
This is the second Dyson we've had. The first one lasted 15 years. This one lasted one year. The quality of the machine is awful. The tube is cheap and turns in on itself too easily. Both of our turbine heads stopped working after 10 uses. We did get replacements from Dyson Customer Service but within a short time, they failed too. I told the Dyson Rep that the first machine was great and that they cheapened their parts. She told me 'to move on'. Yup, I am moving on. To Meile or something else.

Bell Plantation, PB2, Powdered Peanut Butter (184 g)
Bell Plantation, PB2, Powdered Peanut Butter (184 g)

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good for a strange product!, 26 Sept. 2012
I am a diehard peanut butter fan, but I am on Weight Watchers and in order to lose weight I really can't indulge as much as I did. I heard about PB2 on Pinterest and thought... what the heck, let me try it. On it's own (you mix it with water) it's slightly strange or at least not as good as natural crunchy pb which is what I like. But I've been adding it to protein shakes and other dishes and it is absolutely fantastic. It satisfies my 'need' for pb and the more I eat it, the better it seems to taste. I will definitely order more! Just wish it wasn't so expensive.

Madara Deep Moisture Fluid For Normal/Combination Skin 50ml - M82016
Madara Deep Moisture Fluid For Normal/Combination Skin 50ml - M82016

5.0 out of 5 stars Best moisturiser for me, 16 Jun. 2012
I like this moisturiser more than another others. I am 50 but have pretty good skin. My cheeks and forehead are dry-ish and my nose and chin area are more oily/normal but get congested with yuckies. This moisturiser is the only one that doesn't further congest my pores while keeping my skin moisturised. My first was given to me as a gift and after it was gone, I didn't buy another one for 6 months. During that time I tried a lot of other moisturisers from standard Boots-bought to very expensive ones. No matter what I used, I would have more filled pores than when I used Madara. So I just bought another one!

Low Country Blues
Low Country Blues

5.0 out of 5 stars Great blues, 25 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Low Country Blues (Audio CD)
I really like this CD. I have been a fan of the Allmans and Gregg solo for a long time. I think it is a little of a departure from some of his earlier works, but I really like it. It's recorded in a Robert Johnson type fashion, which can sound old-fashioned to some, but it's exactly what should be done for blues. I am really impressed - this guy can still make great music.

Clean & Lean Diet Cookbook: With a 14-day Menu Plan
Clean & Lean Diet Cookbook: With a 14-day Menu Plan
by James Duigan

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic guidance, 8 Mar. 2012
I think this book in terms of a diet/lifestyle/nutritional guidance is excellent. I studied Nutrition in university and have always believed that processed carbs were the problem in any diet. Unfortunately, I didn't follow what I believed and became very heavy and unhealthy and hooked on pasta. With this book (and others by James and a few others) I have started to follow what I know to be true. So for this I am grateful. The only criticism I have of this book (and it's minor) is that its layout is like a honeymoon photo album. Not a big deal, but it's somehow, I don't know, distracting? But maybe it's me.

George Harrison: Living in the Material World [DVD]
George Harrison: Living in the Material World [DVD]
Dvd ~ George Harrison
Offered by Assai-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Great film, surprising revelation for me, 29 Nov. 2011
I have always admired George Harrison (his songs mostly, as I didn't know the man). I thought the film really gave insight to the man himself and the link to his music and life. The surprising revelation for me was about Olivia Harrison. What a down-to-earth, emotionally intelligent woman. I was struck by her honesty, insights and great sense of humour. Would love to hang out over a coffee (not tea) just to hear her thoughts on spirituality and have a few laughs. Overall, a great film that is worth seeing.

U is for Undertow
U is for Undertow
by Sue Grafton

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely one of her best, 11 Sept. 2010
This review is from: U is for Undertow (Paperback)
I have read all of the Kinsey Millhone stories since the beginning and in my opinion, this is one of her best. It's got an intricate plot with different layers and flashbacks to another time, and by the end it's all pulled together. I could not put it down and as always, relished every word written. I'm only sad that it's U and that means only 5 more novels to go. By my recollection, Sue Grafton said she'd only go to Z. Oh well, good things can't last forever!

Alice in Wonderland [DVD]
Alice in Wonderland [DVD]
Dvd ~ Johnny Depp

3.0 out of 5 stars I think I liked it, 8 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Alice in Wonderland [DVD] (DVD)
I liked this movie. I think. I actually bought it for my daughter, who loves Johnny Depp for most of his other 'whimsical' performances. He was great in this of course, but there did seem to be something missing. All of the characters were great, the CGI was great, the plot made sense, but still...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3