Profile for Sarah Waights > Reviews

Content by Sarah Waights

Sarah Waights "Novelist"

Page: 1 | 2
Please Release Me (Choc Lit)
Please Release Me (Choc Lit)

5.0 out of 5 stars Modern romance with a hint of witchery..., 1 Jun. 2016
Okay, so the unconscious lover/husband/wife thing pops up a lot in stories but don't dismiss this one as run of the mill. Rhoda Baxter has taken some vivid characters and an even more vivid imagination to weave an enthralling spell. Not one to miss.

I Don't Want to Talk About It: A wonderful romance with a twist - the perfect holiday read

5.0 out of 5 stars A sweet tale with a brilliant twist, 1 Jun. 2016
A sweet tale with a brilliant twist

This lovely book from Jane Lovering (a favourite author of mine) doesn't disappoint. Great characters, good, witty dialogue and multiple attractive men. Yes there's a happy ending no it's NOT obvious who she ends up with - well I didn't think so anyhow. Well worth a read.

It's Not Me, It's You
It's Not Me, It's You

5.0 out of 5 stars Witty, candid and insightful., 29 May 2015
I'm not usually a big fan of stories about young, single people making a predictable balls up of their lives but this is a witty, candid and insightful look at some of the terrible things people do to each other in the name of love. Great stuff.

Do Opposites Attract? (Choc Lit)
Do Opposites Attract? (Choc Lit)

5.0 out of 5 stars A tale of tortured lovers from two different worlds, 29 May 2015
True love doesn't recognise class divides but 'it is a truth universally acknowledged' that lovers from different sides of the tracks make for a great story... Brianna and Mitch go through every trial and every tribulation the author can throw at them and - even though the outcome is absolutely as it should be - the journey there is immensely readable. Mitch, the ex-army trauma doctor is handsome, fierce and fearless and Brianna doesn't take any prisoners either, although she does have to learn to come off her high horse, in time-honoured tradition. This is a great story, well told, and it doesn't even put me off that the heroine is named after a range of salad dressings. (My favourite salad dressings, I hasten to add!)

Doctor January (Choc Lit)
Doctor January (Choc Lit)

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining and insightful, 25 May 2015
This is a charming and intelligent look at how we sometimes fail to see the good things that are right in front of us...I'm sure it's not too much of a spoiler to say our heroine EVENTUALLY works out the lovely Hibs - her best friend - is the man for her. OK, so the outcome is assured from the start but the journey is entertaining, and thought-provoking too as Rhoda Baxter touches on some difficult issues with impressive insight.

A great read and an enthusiastic recommendation from me.

The Creative Writing Student's Handbook (CreativeWritingMatters Guides 1)
The Creative Writing Student's Handbook (CreativeWritingMatters Guides 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sound, accessible and inspiring advice for any creative writer, 18 Mar. 2015
This is well worth adding to the library of any creative writer, published or unpublished. We are all learning and some of us have more to learn than others. For me this was worth the purchase on the basis of the short story section alone. Plenty of sound advice and encouragement written in a very readable style.

Please Don't Stop The Music (Choc Lit) (Yorkshire Romances Book 1)
Please Don't Stop The Music (Choc Lit) (Yorkshire Romances Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars One of those books I was sad to finish, 4 Mar. 2015
Having bought this a while ago and then somehow losing it in my Kindle- this book was a really lovely and unexpected find - a bit like pulling a chocolate wrapper out from the back of the sofa and discovering it's actually a twenty pound note (although obviously discovering it was a wrapper that still had chocolate in it would be even better). It is hardly news that this award-winning novel is a brilliant read, and it's difficult to add anything useful to the millions of existing reviews but let me just say; I was hooked from the first. I especially loved how it opened with the secondary characters. In so many books the other characters are a bit of an afterthought - or just identikit caricatures - but here the entire cast was strong and engaging. I loved Rosie and Jason nearly as much as Jemima and Ben. Maybe an idea for a future book? Just a thought...

The Curvy Girls Club (The Curvy Girls Club )
The Curvy Girls Club (The Curvy Girls Club )

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking and entertaining, 22 Feb. 2015
I bought this on pre-release then forgot about it so it was a lovely surprise when it just dropped onto my Kindle one day recently/ It didn't disappoint. This is a book for today's woman, whether she is large or small, and makes some intelligent observations of how we all allow ourselves to be defined by our own and others' attitudes. The characters are believable and attractive and there is a proper, satisfying ending. I read it all in one sitting with a naughtily late night and a generous side order of hot chocolate.

The Secret Kiss of Darkness (Shadows From The Past Book 2)
The Secret Kiss of Darkness (Shadows From The Past Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfying and entertaining, 22 Feb. 2015
This is a deeply satisfying time slip novel, one of the best I've read and my first Christina Courtnay book. It will not be my last. Modern day heroine Kayla finds herself haunted by the handsome and charming Jago Kerswell, a ghost from the past who needs her help to solve a long ago crime against him and the love of his life. It has all the ingredients of a cracking read, including a West Country setting with its rich history of smugglers and sailors, a delectable hero an exciting plot and a satisfyingly happy ending. I'm off to read the sequel now: 'Soft Whisper of Dreams'.

A Multidisciplinary Approach to Managing Ehlers-Danlos (Type III) - Hypermobility Syndrome: Working with the Chronic Complex Patient

5.0 out of 5 stars An intelligent and thoughtful analysis from the patient's perspective., 22 Feb. 2015
This is a thoughtful, thorough and intelligent review of JHS/EDSHypermobility type from the perspective of a fellow sufferer. Isobel Knight does a great job in this book not only for those who share a diagnosis (like myself), but also for friends, family and for medical professionals who encounter this confusing and frustrating condition. I thoroughly recommend this book and also Isobel Knight's previous book which I have also read and recommend for the newly diagnosed or those going through the diagnosis process - which can be pretty long and complicated.

Page: 1 | 2