Profile for Mr. R. Lopez > Reviews

Content by Mr. R. Lopez

Mr. R. Lopez (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Astro 4523 GU10 Marasino Table/Floor Uplighter White Plaster Bulb Not Included
Astro 4523 GU10 Marasino Table/Floor Uplighter White Plaster Bulb Not Included
Offered by Design 55 online

3.0 out of 5 stars The lamp itself is nice and heavy, 21 Feb. 2016
I ordered one of these to try and then another two once I'd seen it. Just wanted to point out to people that bulbs are not included. The description at time of writing this states quite clearly "Table/Floor Uplighter including 1 x 50 Watt 230V V Bulb". None of the 3 lamps I purchased were supplied with bulbs.

The lamp itself is nice and heavy, a nice ceramic feel to it with a little foam ring on base so as not to scratch or make noise when moving. With the LED bulb in there it's a little bright and the high side of lamp is not really high enough when it's on the floor. Overall I'm happy with them but a little overpriced and having to use my spare bulbs was a bit of a cheek. Was torn between 3 and 4 stars but 3 seems fair.

Luminarc Shot Glass, Pack of 4
Luminarc Shot Glass, Pack of 4
Offered by Office Stationery Supplies

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice and good value, 31 Oct. 2015
These are nice and heavy, well balanced so not easy to tip over and well priced I think. Very happy with them.

Kingsource (TM) Apple iPhone SE/5/5s/5c holster pouch-Black Horizontal Leather Holster Pouch Case with Magnetic Closure Belt Clip and Belt Loops (Apple iPhone 5/5s/5c, Black)
Offered by Smart-Kingsource

2.0 out of 5 stars NOT made to fit, 31 Oct. 2015
This was sold as a case for iPhone 5s - The plastic wrapper has a label saying its for an iPhone 5s but someone needs to tell the person who made it. That person thought it was for a completely different phone. It's just silly large. There is 2.5 cm spare in length inside so the phone just rattles around inside. My first reaction was to laugh so it gets a bonus star for that. Quality wise it's clearly a cheap Chinese import. If it held the phone securely I'd give it 3 stars but its not fit for purpose. By the way I tried my work iPhone 5s in there that has one of those bumpers on it and it's still way too large. Come on guys, if you're going to sell a one size fits all case then say so - don't pretend this is designed to fit a specific phone. See my photo.
Comment Comment | Permalink

MHP® 2 Gang Wall Plug Socket Faceplate Power Socket With 2 x USB Charging Ports Brushed Chrome

4.0 out of 5 stars Like it, 28 July 2015
Replaced the existing version no problem. This one didn't seem any deeper than the old one so went in easy. Nothing fantastic about it really - not convinced I like the raised rounded edges but that's just personal taste. USB's work well. Overall I'm happy and would recommend.

Vitax Nippon Ant Killer Liquid 25g
Vitax Nippon Ant Killer Liquid 25g

2.0 out of 5 stars I don't think the liquid works very well, 28 July 2015
They seemed to feed on it well but I'm not sure if it ONLY killed the ones that fed? I waited a few days and plenty of ants still around. I then tried the power version of this from same company and that did the job. Killed the lot - no question. In short I'd go for the powder and skip this liquid version next time. BTW the powder leaves chalk like residue over the surface of where you put it. I kind of expected that but didn't expect it to still be there 2 weeks later. In the end I had to jet wash the wall to get rid of it.

Fluidmaster 502CT Adjust-A-Flush Flapper
Fluidmaster 502CT Adjust-A-Flush Flapper
Offered by Blue Trade

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy replacement - works well, 28 July 2015
Perfect replacement. If you're looking at this I imagine you know what it is. The old one had become hard over time and so didn't form a good seal. As a result there was a constant leak from cistern into toilet bowl. This in turn meant a fill up every 10 minutes or so which irritated me and was also a waste of water. Replaced it in about 30 seconds - not fiddly at all and works great. Lets see how long this one lasts. If it's less than 2 years I'll come back and knock a star off.

EE 4G 6GB Pay As You Go Mobile Broadband Nano SIM
EE 4G 6GB Pay As You Go Mobile Broadband Nano SIM
Offered by Red Communications

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy peasy and exactly what I wanted, 28 July 2015
Item as described - instructions for registering SIM included and clear. Easy peasy and exactly what I wanted. Must be the cheapest way to get 6GB data over 3 months. No contract. I'm using it in an iPad Mini and reception on my rail route into London Bridge is great. Also tried tethering with with my laptop and very impressed. Recommended/

Westland Eraza Ant Powder
Westland Eraza Ant Powder

4.0 out of 5 stars What surprised me was that it left a chalk like residue over the treated areas for over a week ..., 7 Jun. 2015
Killed all the ants - no doubt about that. What surprised me was that it left a chalk like residue over the treated areas for over a week now which doesn't look great as I'd put all over a low garden wall. Even after rain it's still there so I'll have to get the pressure washer out.

Overall happy with product though and would recommend.

Shelf Supports with Steel Pin 5 mm Plastic Pack of 40 Transparent
Shelf Supports with Steel Pin 5 mm Plastic Pack of 40 Transparent
Offered by HardwareForYou

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, 7 Jun. 2015
Nice - do the job and look smart.

Range Kleen WKT4162 66-Battery Organizer with Removable Tester
Range Kleen WKT4162 66-Battery Organizer with Removable Tester
Offered by UK Prime

2.0 out of 5 stars Feeling ripped off, 7 Jun. 2015
It holds the batteries as described but for £29 i'd expect a little more quality.

The battery tester is the worst i've ever seen and pretty much falls to bits which then shows just how rubbish it is. A couple of wires badly soldered and using the cheapest plastics known to human kind. If this was £1 in a pound shop it would be overpriced.

The White plastic battery holder itself is OK and does the job of holding the batteries but is this amount of money?

Honestly - a fair price would be £2.99 - It can't cost more than 50p to make.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3