Profile for Henry Chinaski > Reviews

Content by Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski "Barfly" (Glasgow, Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
JDC Motorcycle Cover Waterproof - RAIN - M
JDC Motorcycle Cover Waterproof - RAIN - M
Offered by CMG Retail

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product from a recommended company, 28 Aug. 2014
Having just bought a shiny newish Fireblade I started to look for a waterproof cover for it. After considering some covers at over twice the price, all seemingly with one flaw ore another, I stumbled on a review for this JDC one. The reviewer seemed to have done his research, and also had some experience of trial and error, when he eventually found what he considered to be the perfect bike cover - the JDC. I have to concur, this is a high quality cover with well thought out design features, and fortunately the medium fits snuggly over my Fireblade. I would have gladly paid twice the price for this cover, it was delivered free and arrived within 4 days of ordering. I was informed when it was dispatched and it arrived 2 days later as expected. I am currently waiting on a rucksack from another Amazon marketplace seller, two weeks after ordering and still no sign of it. Therefore I am a very satisfied customer of JDC and would highly recommend this cover and the service provided by the company.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Boiling hot !, 21 Mar. 2013
I'm very happy with my purchace of this little kettle, it suits my needs perfectly (making a coffee in my room so I don't have to use the shared kitchen!) , is a pleasure to own and use as it's of excellent quality. It probably takes a little longer to boil than a normal (rapid boil) kettle, duh! and overboils for a few seconds, but eventually switches itself off, so this is absolutely no problem to me, highly recommended.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 11, 2013 2:50 PM BST

Comply T-500 Isolation Earphone Tips Medium Black 3 Pairs
Comply T-500 Isolation Earphone Tips Medium Black 3 Pairs

4.0 out of 5 stars Of sound quality, 21 Mar. 2013
I was using these on my Sennheiser IE8s, definitely improved the sound quality and isolation over the already good foam tips that came with them. However, they do tend to wear out quite quickly. However, if you don't mind seeing them as a consumable and are looking to improve sound quality, particularly boosting the bass, and / or isolation, they do the job, at a cost.

Helly Hansen Lifa Warm Pant - Black Large
Helly Hansen Lifa Warm Pant - Black Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and warm, 21 Mar. 2013
I really like these baselayer pants, thermals, longjohns etc. I'm a 32 waist, 32 inside leg, the large are a nice fit, I went for size medium in the Warm boxers as I wanted a more snug fit with them, but for me the large in these leggings are perfect. They do a great job of keeping my legs warm in the winter and feel comfortable and of good quality, highly recommended.

Helly Hansen Men's Warm Boxer Short - Black, Medium
Helly Hansen Men's Warm Boxer Short - Black, Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm, 21 Mar. 2013
I really like these boxers, they are made of a heavier, thicker material than the average boxers, especially the frontal area, so they are indeed Warm, recommended, particularly for the winter and colder environments.

Marmot Men's Scree Softshell Pant - Black, 32 Inch
Marmot Men's Scree Softshell Pant - Black, 32 Inch

5.0 out of 5 stars Basically excellent, 21 Mar. 2013
I previously had a pair of Northface soft shell pants with some techical aspects, which I wore all the time. Then I burned a hole in them on my motorbike exhaust. Then after repeated rides I burned a big hole in my jeans. With nothing else to wear (legs wise) I needed to buy a pair of trousers for a trip home so that my mum wouldn't know I had bought another motorbike (because of the holes). Now that I've made that clear as mud, these softshell pants are made of a nice stretchy (soft!) fabric, are slim fit and very comfortable. They have a bit of technical detailing at the ankles to make the ankles / calves quite tight, like the other reviewer said, good for cycling. Probably not for motorcycling if you have a KTM with a very hot exhaust a which is bit too close for comfort ! Fortunately I learned my lesson and haven't tried that with these pants yet. These don't have much in they way of technical details, bells and whistles etc which i kinda like, but for a pair of basic everyday trousers these are obviously of high quality, well made and very comfortable, if that's what you are after, I would recommend them.

Gillette Sensor Excel Razor With 2 Replacement Sensor Excel Cartridges and 1 Replacement Sensor3 Cartridge
Offered by inandout-distribution

5.0 out of 5 stars Required, 21 Mar. 2013
If you are going to get the Gillette Sensor Excel 10 pack (which I did) you will need to get this razor (which I did). Both highly recommended for a proper shave at a decent price.

Gillette Sensor Excell Replacement 10 Blades
Gillette Sensor Excell Replacement 10 Blades
Offered by RazorBlades4u

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Marks, 21 Mar. 2013
Hardly need to add another review of these, but I am going through all my orders, so I'll quickly add my tuppenceworth. I have used all the fancy Gillette razors over the years, but the older you get the more you realise that you don't need all the new innovations or to pay the price for them. If you are canny with your money you will see that this 10 pack offers the best value without having to compromise on the quality of shave.

Kit UK 3-Pin to Euro 2-Pin Mains Adapter / Travel Plug - White
Kit UK 3-Pin to Euro 2-Pin Mains Adapter / Travel Plug - White

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic, 21 Mar. 2013
Haven't used this yet, going away in 2 days ! I did purchase a second adapter at the local chemist for less money and it seems better quality and a nicer white finish ! However, for convinience, if you are getting this as a 'pack in' I'd say it's okay, just seems to me to be of a slightly cheap quality.

Sony PlayStation Vita Travel Kit
Sony PlayStation Vita Travel Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice touch, 21 Mar. 2013
This was something of a luxury purchase in that it wasn't necesarry, but I wanted something nice to keep my Vita in, and I am happy with the quality of the main case here. I also surprised myself by fitting the screen saver perfectly, so very happy with that too. The game case is nothing special, but when I have 8 'boxed' games it will be a very handy method to store them. The cloth does the job well, so happy with that too. Threw the strap and the car charger out as I will never use them (if I ever drop the Vita by accident then I will curse my foolhardiness). Despite not requiring all the contents of the kit, I am still very happy with my purchase and would recommend it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4