Profile for Sig > Reviews

Sig

Page: 1 | 2
The Heart of Islam
The Heart of Islam

5.0 out of 5 stars this book is useful not only for Moslems, but can speak IMHO to anyone on the path., 5 Mar. 2015
I found the construction of this book was particularly useful in meditation. Each day I would take just one of the short chapters and work on it. I think it is a great book - one of the best i

David and Goliath: Underdogs, Misfits and the Art of Battling Giants
David and Goliath: Underdogs, Misfits and the Art of Battling Giants

4.0 out of 5 stars As a dyslexic, I have found this to be ..., 20 Feb. 2015
As a dyslexic, I have found this to be thought provoking, though some times I feel the author stretched\s the David and Goliath analogy a bit too far.

The Miner & the Viscount
The Miner & the Viscount

5.0 out of 5 stars great novel/history of Cornwall in the last half of the eighteenth centuryI, 26 Oct. 2014
I enjoyed reading this story. It brought together many bits and pieces of Cornish history at the very beginning of the industrial revolution.
I plan to recommend it to all of my friends.

}:-)
Sig Lonegren

Ancient Healer: A Ghost in Our Genes?
Ancient Healer: A Ghost in Our Genes?

4.0 out of 5 stars Sig Lonegren, 11 Oct. 2014
A novel way to teach about intangible target dowsing. Sometimes a bit obscure. I wish it had had a bibliography.

Buffalo HD-PA500TU3-EU Mini Station Thunderbolt 500 GB USB 3.0 Portable Drive
Buffalo HD-PA500TU3-EU Mini Station Thunderbolt 500 GB USB 3.0 Portable Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 21 Sept. 2013
After a number of other attempts to get my iPhoto under control - and more important - speeded up, this did it!

Mindful Eating: A Guide to Rediscovering a Healthy and Joyful Relationship with Food--includes C D

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Helpful, 21 Sept. 2013
Mindfulness is taking over my mind! Great Stuff! Amazon says that 12 more words are required. Is this enough? Now!

Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth
Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth
by Reza Aslan

4.0 out of 5 stars A Different View of an Old Story, 21 Sept. 2013
When a story is two thousand years old, who gets to say that their version is truth? I don't buy all of Asian's version, but it puts other versions into perspective.

The Untold History of the United States
The Untold History of the United States

3.0 out of 5 stars Every writer has their own slant, 30 Jan. 2013
While some of the material in this book is quite interesting, I get tired of Oliver Stone continually painting the US as the bad guy. Yes, America has done some bad stuff in the past 100 years, it has also done some good. I wish the author had mentioned more of these as well. I got tired of the consistent negativity.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 19, 2013 12:12 PM BST

Adobe Premiere Elements 10 (PC/Mac)
Adobe Premiere Elements 10 (PC/Mac)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was expecting, 21 Jun. 2012
Due to Mac system upgrades, my older version of Photoshop no longer worked. I was using it to prepare pictures for the internet. I had thought that Adobe Premiere would do what Photoshop had done for much less cost. It didn't.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 7, 2012 8:52 AM BST

The Bones of Avalon (The John Dee Papers)
The Bones of Avalon (The John Dee Papers)

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Read!, 21 Jun. 2012
This book, while in the form of a novel, is based on the facts that can be gathered about John Dee's time in Glastonbury. This was at the time when Protestantism was on the ascendency, and paganism was under extreme pressure. Phil Rickman captures this tension quite well.

Page: 1 | 2