Profile for A B. > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Solomon Creed: The only thriller you need to read this year
Solomon Creed: The only thriller you need to read this year

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth reading, 17 Oct. 2017
As others have said, this is not your run of the mill thriller, but it had my attention from the start and it kept me interested all the way through. It does have a supernatural element to it, but this should not put prospective readers off, as those parts are brief and merely enrich the story rather than make it seem disturbing. I found the book very well written and it really made me want to find out the story behind the town and, of course, who Solomon Creed is and where he came from. I'm really pleased to see that the next book in the series has been published and I plan to dive straight in!

Anne Klein Classics Silver-Tone Clip Hoop Earrings
Anne Klein Classics Silver-Tone Clip Hoop Earrings

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pretty but the hoops were too big, 23 Aug. 2017
Very pretty earrings but the hoops were just too big - I had to return them. I would buy them if they were available as smaller hoops. I would recommend them to those who prefer larger hoop earrings.

Before The Storm (The Hunters: Origins Book 1)
Before The Storm (The Hunters: Origins Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars If you loved the Payne and Jones books, you'll love this too!, 23 Aug. 2017
If you loved the Payne and Jones books, you'll love this too! Yes, £1.99 is a bit steep for such a short novella, but if you're a fan, it's worth it. And if you're not already a fan, it's still worth it as it's an excellent introduction to Chris Kuzneski's fantastic writing style. It had me laughing out loud and I especially loved the part about the shovel - very clever and absolutely hilarious!

It's a great way to introduce new readers to The Hunters books and to give existing fans more background on the characters. I hope Chris writes more of The Hunters: Origins books, as I will certainly read them.

I would recommend this to anyone who likes mystery thrillers with a highly entertaining dose of comedy.

EasyAcc Handheld Electric Fans Mini Portable Outdoor Fan with Rechargeable 2600mA Battery Foldable Handle Desktop for Home and Travel - White
Offered by EasyAcc Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Effective fan with three speeds, 24 July 2017
This is a very useful fan, with three speeds, and it definitely does the job of cooling you down. It fits into a large handbag, so you can take it to work with you. I have marked it down for three reasons. It is difficult to fit the lead into the recharging point on the fan. When placed on a wooden surface, such as a desk, the base of the fan moves. So if you stand the fan on the desk so that it is facing you, within a minute the base of the fan has moved so that the fan is no longer facing you. It's not difficult to reposition it every minute or so, just a bit inconvenient. The fan can switch itself on when it's in your handbag (if the on switch presses against something). But overall I am happy with the purchase and would recommend it.

An Invisible Client
An Invisible Client

5.0 out of 5 stars A really good legal thriller with heart, 4 July 2017
This was a really good book. I really enjoyed it and in fact I read it in a day. I was drawn in to the story of Noah, an unhappy lawyer who didn't seem to know what he wanted in life anymore. It used to be money but now, with an ex-wife he still loves, he's not sure. Then he meets Joel, a 12-year-old boy who was poisoned by cough medicine and Noah discovers that there are some things in life that are more important than money. This book had me laughing out loud, and it also made me cry. I would highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys really good legal thrillers with heart.

The Plea: Eddie Flynn Book 2
The Plea: Eddie Flynn Book 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than the first book!, 22 Jun. 2017
Absolutely fantastic! This book really had me on the edge of my seat, more than once. The surprises and thrills kept on coming. Often a second book doesn't live up the promise of the first, but this one was even better! Eddie Flynn is such a likeable character, battling against all odds, and Steve Cavanagh is a genius when it comes to spinning a yarn and keeping the reader completely engrossed. I can't wait to read book 3! Keep 'em coming Steve!

The Defence: Eddie Flynn Book 1
The Defence: Eddie Flynn Book 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, edge of your seat thriller, 18 Jun. 2017
I read this book in two days. I could not put it down. I was pulled in from the first page and the tension kept me hooked. The writing is excellent. Steve Cavanagh is clearly an expert on legal matters (not surprisingly as he is a lawyer), and also at keeping the reader enthralled. I highly recommend this book if you like edge of your seat thrillers that encompass kidnapping, bomb threats, the Russian and the Italian mob, along with a lawyer desperate to save his daughter and himself. I've already bought the next two books in the series and can't wait to start reading the next exciting book!

Star of Africa (Ben Hope, Book 13)
Star of Africa (Ben Hope, Book 13)

1.0 out of 5 stars Should come with a warning of sickening, gratuitous violence, 10 April 2017
I have read all of Scott Mariani's books about Ben Hope and I have really enjoyed them - until now. The sickening, gratuitous violence in this two-parter is totally unnecessary and completely out of character from Scott's usual writing. If this was a film or a tv programme, it would have an 18 age restriction and a very clear warning about highly disturbing content. This book deserves the same. If the author has decided to cater to this kind of reader from now on, that's his choice, but he owes it to his fans who have read and enjoyed his previous books to warn them that a lot of them will find this two-parter extremely unpleasant and disturbing.

Kissing Under the Mistletoe (A St. Helena Vineyard Novel)
Kissing Under the Mistletoe (A St. Helena Vineyard Novel)

4.0 out of 5 stars I really loved this book, 16 Feb. 2017
I really loved this book... until I got to the last 20 pages. As another reviewer wrote, the ending really didn't work. Regan is supposed to be such an independent woman, fiercely protective of her daughter, and yet she would give Gabe another chance after what he did. No! I was really disappointed with the ending, as I really loved the rest of the book, which is why I gave it four stars and not two stars, which the ending deserves. The book made me laugh and cry. The characters were strong and loveable, and I loved the town. The description of the birthday party made me want to be there. I'd already read the second book in the series, and wanted to go back and read the first. If I hadn't already read the second book, I'm not sure if I'd read any more in the series, but I enjoyed the second book (and actually thought the first book was better, apart from the ending), so I'll read the third book. But I really wish this book had a different, more believable ending.

Texas Rose Forever (A Texas Rose Ranch Novel Book 1)
Texas Rose Forever (A Texas Rose Ranch Novel Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic! Loved it!, 29 July 2016
I love, love, love this book! It is so funny and the characters really tug on your heartstrings. I enjoyed the setting on a ranch owned by a large family with lots of sons who all live and work on the ranch with their parents. CanDee comes to the ranch to write the life history of the family. She is someone who grew up with no family apart from her wacky grandmother, and she is enchanted to experience what life is like being part of a big family. Cisco, the eldest son, is recovering from a nasty divorce, but soon becomes very attached to CanDee. It was a pleasure to read about how CanDee and Cisco set aside their painful memories and deep distrust, due to their individual past experiences, and learn what true love really is.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4