Profile for RM > Reviews

Content by RM

RM

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Easy Learning French Grammar (Collins Easy Learning French)
Easy Learning French Grammar (Collins Easy Learning French)
by Collins Dictionaries

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for all students of French, 12 April 2013
I purchased this book when I was in third year at secondary school and even now, having completed the second year of my French degree, I still use it sometimes! The book is well organised, with clear, simple explanations. Obviously it doesn't cover the more intricate points of French grammar but it is an excellent book for those just starting to learn the language who want to find a book that will not over-complicate things (like some grammar books tend to). The verb tables at the back are invaluable! Even if, like me, you have been learning French for a while, it's always useful to have this book to hand when you want to refresh your memory and go over the basics again.

I would 100% recommend this book to anyone who is studying French, whatever your level.

Gadget Giant HTC Desire C - S Line Gel Grip Silicone Case Cover + LCD Screen Protector (Purple & SP)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, attractive cover, 31 Dec. 2012
I purchased this cover to jazz up my HTC Desire C as it's black and a bit boring. The cover is attractive - I particularly like the little wave design on the back. The case is slim and doesn't add bulk to the phone and is very easy to get on and off. The cover is harder and more plasticky-feeling than I expected, which I was pleased with because it means it doesn't attract dust like a full silicone cover would. The side grips are great and not bulky at all.

My only issue with the cover is that it does make the power button and the volume button a little bit difficult to press unless you apply quite a bit of pressure, however with a bit of patience you get used to it.

A few people have complained about the screen protector that came with it. I did not use the one that came with the cover as I had already ordered FoneM8® - HTC Desire C Screen Protector (PACK OF 5) Retail Packed - Includes Microfibre Cleaning Cloth And Application Card. This has an application card, which definitely helps the application process. A few people have also mentioned that the screen protector is not the right size and covers the sensors at the top of the phone. I did not have this problem; as long as the bottom of the protector is completely covering the Back/Home/Recent Apps buttons you shouldn't need to trim it down to fit.

For only £2 you can't really go wrong - if you don't like it then at least you haven't splashed out loads of money and if you do like it, like me and most other reviewers here, then it's an absolute bargain!

Gadget Giant were excellent; the product arrived within less than a week of placing my order and it was well before the estimated delivery date.

Overall I'm very satisfied with this product and would definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value and quality, 31 Dec. 2012
I purchased this product for my new HTC Desire C as I wanted to keep the screen in brand-new condition and stop it getting scratched in my bag etc. The pack contains 5 covers, a cleaning cloth and an application card. Application was pretty straightforward and once the cover is on you can't even tell it's there, you certainly can't feel that it's there. Excellent value product and it arrived within less than a week of ordering. Overall very happy with this purchase :)

Modern French Grammar Workbook (Modern Grammar Workbooks)
Modern French Grammar Workbook (Modern Grammar Workbooks)
by Margaret Lang

3.0 out of 5 stars Could do with a couple of improvements, 22 Aug. 2012
This book, along with the Modern French Grammar: A Practical Guide (Modern Grammars), are set books on my French course at university. Whilst the textbook is of a good standard, I feel somewhat let down by the workbook. Firstly, I would prefer a contents page that lets you know the where the exercises for each relevant grammar points are (as in the textbook) - Section A simply says "the noun group" and "the verb group". Finding the relevant exercises is made more difficult by the fact the exercises are introduced with "this exercise practices [insert grammar point here]", which makes them rather difficult to spot (particularly when there are exercises for several different grammar points across a page or two), so you have to trawl through the pages to find what you want to practice.

Whilst working on the exercises for relative pronouns, I noticed the harder ones came first - I personally think it is better to have the easier ones first, as this allows the student to get to grips with the basics and build up their confidence before tackling the trickier exercises.

I would have also prefered it if more of the workbook had been dedicated to grammar exercises - after all, it's pointless in doing the exercises in Section B (Functions: Exposition, Attitude and Argumentation) if you haven't yet mastered the grammar!

The exercises have a star (*) rating which denotes the difficulty of the exercise (* being the easiest, *** being the hardest). This is useful if you want to find something easier or perhaps more challenging as it allows you to pick the exercise you feel is suitable to your ability. Some of the exercises have **/***, although whilst working on some exercises I felt it should have just been three stars - but maybe that's just me, and other students might not have such an issue with this particular feature.

I am slightly disappointed with this book - it is definitely advisable to use it along with the accompanying textbook (there is a cross-reference at the back of the workbook, although rather annoyingly it only lists the relevant section in the book and not the page number!), but it is useful is you wish to put into practice any grammar points/functions you have learnt.

Ghost Captivating Eau de Toilette Spray for Women 75 ml
Ghost Captivating Eau de Toilette Spray for Women 75 ml
Offered by PerfumeShopping

5.0 out of 5 stars New favourite!, 14 Aug. 2012
Before getting this as a birthday present I had been using Ghost Deep Night Eau de Toilette Spray for Women 50 ml for a couple of years, so I was interested to try this one out. It smells gorgeous and fresh - the scent is lovely and subtle and perfect for everyday use as it isn't too heavy. I have received many compliments when wearing it and will defintely be buying another bottle when my current one runs out!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 27, 2014 11:24 AM BST

Collins Robert French Dictionary (Collins Complete and Unabridged)
Collins Robert French Dictionary (Collins Complete and Unabridged)
by Collins Dictionaries

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for any student of French!, 12 Jun. 2012
I purchased my copy of this dictionary at the start of my first year studying French at university and it has helped me enormously. I prefer to trust a proper, physical dictionary over online ones and this dictionary has almost every word imaginable in it. The Language in Use section is fantastic and I especially like the little sections on popular culture and French institutions etc. A must-have if you're serious about studying French.

Richy Guitar - Die Ärzte - 16:9 Widescreen [DVD] (2009) Die Ärzte; Nena
Richy Guitar - Die Ärzte - 16:9 Widescreen [DVD] (2009) Die Ärzte; Nena
Offered by brandsseller

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for all Ärzte fans!, 12 Jun. 2012
As a big fan of Die Ärzte, I'm on a mission to collect all of their DVDs, Richy Guitar included.

Jan Vetter (Farin Urlaub's real name) and Bela B. Felsenheimer from Die Ärzte have the starring roles in this film. Vetter plays Richard, a young musician whose band is trying to become famous. However, his parents want him to get a "real" job and it takes some time before they get their big chance. The film is funny (watch out for the police chase), sweet (the kiss scene between Richard and his girlfriend Anja...she is one lucky lady!) and even though it has no subtitles (not even German ones), it's very easy to understand and follow. I have to admit I loved the big hair - how Richard's cap manages to stay on will always remain a mystery! That's the 80s for you I guess!

A lovely little film and a must for all Ärzte fans!

Herzwerk II
Herzwerk II

5.0 out of 5 stars Without a doubt their best album!, 12 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Herzwerk II (Audio CD)
The song that introduced me to Megaherz was "5. März" and I've been a fan ever since. In my opinion, this album is without a doubt their best. "Herzblut" is fantastic as an opening track and from then on it just gets better and better. "Glas und Tränen", "I.M. Rumpelstilzchen", "5. März", "Zu Den Sternen", and "Es Brennt" are amongst my favourite tracks. "An Deinem Grab" is also a brilliant song - almost ballad-like with very emotional lyrics. This album is everything NDH (Neue Deutsche Härte, the genre Megaherz are generally considered as belonging to) should be - and when you play it, make sure you turn it up full volume for maximum effect!

If you are a fan of bands such as Rammstein or OOMPH! this is defintely worth a listen - you'll love it!

Truth Or Dare
Truth Or Dare

3.0 out of 5 stars The original is better..., 12 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Truth Or Dare (Audio CD)
I was looking forward to the release the "Truth or Dare", interested to hear what the songs would sound like translated into English. However, this album doesn't quite do it for me. Granted, there are some songs that work quite well in English, such as "God Is A Popstar", "Sandman", "Land Ahead" and their cover of Frankie Goes to Hollywood's "The Power Of Love", but I think I've just listened to the original versions too much to be enthusiastic about this album. Dero does have a gorgeous, sexy voice but he does mispronounce a few words and some of the songs just sound a bit....clunky when translated into English, which detracted from my enjoyment of the album somewhat. A good buy if you're not very familiar with the German language and want to get an idea of what some of their songs are about, but personally I'd stick to their German songs - it adds to the enjoyment more.

Ego
Ego

5.0 out of 5 stars One of their best albums!, 12 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Ego (Audio CD)
Ego is easily one of my favourite albums from OOMPH! There is a good mix of German and English - Supernova is without a doubt their best song in English that they've ever recorded. My favourite German tracks are Bitter, Viel Zu Tief and Rette Mich. Dero's vocals are spot on as usual. I can't get enough of this album and I recommend it 100%!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3