Profile for dannyboy32 > Reviews

Freddie Mercury Album
Freddie Mercury Album
Offered by DVD Overstocks

4.0 out of 5 stars Hmmmmm......., 6 May 2006
This review is from: Freddie Mercury Album (Audio CD)
I have owned this now for 12 years......it's a funny old album really. It has it's fair share of awful tunes: "Foolin' Around", "Your Kind of Lover", "Let's Turn It On" and I even dislike the top 10 UK hit "Love Kills". Terrible, tacky, 80s-electro-dance-disco-pop or whatever you wanna call it.

However "Mr. Bad Guy" is enjoyable and the rest are gems. Freddie's cover of "The Great Pretender" eclipses The Platter's original. That pretty much makes Freddie some sort of God in my eyes. The Euro hit "Time" is just a great thoughtful number taken from the musical of the same name. The other song taken from the musical is the even bigger hit "In My Defence", this is a powerhouse track showcasing Freddie's unreal vocal talents. The No More Brothers Mix of 1986's "Living On My Own" took it straight to the top of the charts in 1993 where it truely belonged. This is just one of the all-time classic dance tracks. Looking back now on the '86 original, Freddie had made a track perhaps ahead of it's time.....just took a little while for the rest of us to catch up!!! We all know about "Barcelona", another smash hit. Amazing piece of pop-opera up there with "Bohemian Rhapsody".

For me "Exercises In Free Love" is the reason why people should buy this album. It truely is an jaw dropping piece of music. Freddie shows off his amazing soprano-operatic voice. Freddie was the greatest singer of all time, and this haunting song proves it.

R.I.P. Big Guy.

The Slim Shady LP
The Slim Shady LP

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing., 1 May 2006
This review is from: The Slim Shady LP (Audio CD)
What can I say to give this album it's fair dues? The Slim Shady LP is probably one of the greatest albums I have ever had the pleasure of listening to. This was back in the day when Eminem was real, raw, conflicted. The album is dark even at it's most light-hearted points (see guilty conscience). If you have become bored to distraction with commercial hip-hop these days, with all the bling-bling etc. or with eminem himself, check this album out before you jump out the window.

On this album Eminem explores topics such as drugs, poverty, love, hate, hopes, dreams.........the album is just amazing and the man's flow is unreal.

The best song on here is "Rock Bottom". The sorrow, despair and frustration is so strong it's scary. I think it's eminem's truest song and best.

Eminem, you may have lost your way but back in '99 you were on point like no other. I tip my hat to you sir.