Profile for Duncan Lyster > Reviews

Content by Duncan Lyster

Duncan Lyster (Herefordshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
SanDisk SDSDX-016G-X46 Extreme SDHC UHS-I Class 10 Memory Card up to 45 MB/s read - 16 GB
Offered by eHome

5.0 out of 5 stars Great but very easy to loose..., 17 May 2013
Well cheap for the memory what more can I say? Took it to New Zealand (yeah I'm fancy like that) and took lots of wonderful films and pictures with my GoPro (I did say I was fancy) sadly I lost it when I got home :'(

Nylon 13cm Wrist Strap Lanyard - Grey
Nylon 13cm Wrist Strap Lanyard - Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars Meh, 17 May 2013
Well what can I say.. its a lanyard. Copes well with sea water and er... i need five more words.. there we go.

2013 stitched leather effect week to view pocket size diary
2013 stitched leather effect week to view pocket size diary

3.0 out of 5 stars Smaller than I expected., 17 May 2013
Was a next day delivery and to be honest for £1.25 (including postage) who can complain. Has everything you need except perhaps a world map. Stiching on the faux leather was a bit lazy but seems to do the job. Its very small, smaller than my hand but from a distance its looks the part.

TIFOSI Tyrant Sunglasses, Black Gloss
TIFOSI Tyrant Sunglasses, Black Gloss

1.0 out of 5 stars Really really bad, avoid them., 17 May 2013
So I decided to flash out on a really good pair of sunglasses, taking a risk on buying an un-reviewed product (I'm 17 so £50 took a while to save up) and was very excited when they arrived. On opening I found they came with a good case but as soon as I saw them my heart sank. The first thing was my fault I guess as I thought the arms were going to be metal (they aren't by the way) but in this company's defense they didn't say they are. Anyway as soon as I picked the things up the nose piece fell off. It was only held in by a tiny screw which went less than a millimeter into the light and poorly formed plastic, scarred by the words "made in Taiwan". Changing the lenses involved bending the whole frame which did not look like it would hold up for more than about two changes. When I put them on I found the hinges creaked a lot. Always a mark of a cheap build and despite my having a small head the arms were far too tight. I sent them back and to the company's credit I did get a full refund no questions asked, I was just disappointed to have wasted time on such an awful product. If you're looking for a good pair of sunglasses with exchangeable lenses I would recommend saving your money and buying two or even three different pairs of "Rayzor" sunglasses (seriously, have a look at them now they are £12.50 each and 10 times the quality of this scam).

Rayzor Professional Lightweight UV400 Black Sports Wrap Cycling Sunglasses, With a 1 Piece Burnt Red / Amber Iridium Revo Anti-Glare Lens.
Offered by Sports Eyewear

5.0 out of 5 stars Really quite good., 17 May 2013
I bought these a couple of weeks ago, delivery was less than half the time stated and they are great sunglasses. Having just sent back a crappy pair of £50 sunglasses with exchangeable lenses (from another seller) I decided to buy two pairs of much cheaper (and I thought much worse quality) sunglasses instead of multilenses (which in my recently revised opinion just add an extra opportunity to break). So to shorten what could be a long and detailed story, these sunglasses really surprised me, for under £25 I got two really good pairs of sunglasses. These ones look the part and feel well made and good quality, the hinges don't creak and they are really comfy. I definitely recommend these to anyone who was considering buying a much more expensive pair.

RSP Tri Bars - Black
RSP Tri Bars - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good., 1 May 2013
This review is from: RSP Tri Bars - Black (Sports)
These are great, they are highly adjustable very comfortable and a very reasonable price, I should say that having been more than a little skeptical about Pete's long and tedious experience attaching the things I did have the same problem. They must have taken about an hour and a half to get right, I think the problem is that you fully attach them but then to change their position slightly you seem to have to almost take them off again which means undoing about 8 bolts. Apart from this though they are great.

Jagwire Road Caliper Brake Blocks
Jagwire Road Caliper Brake Blocks
Offered by BIKINGEAR

5.0 out of 5 stars They don't wear out, 1 May 2013
I bought some of these having been disappointed at how short the more expensive break blocks from the shop lasted. I must have ridden about 700 miles on one pair of these, the breaking power doesn't seem to suffer all that much either. Definitely recommend them if you're regularly cycling long distances.

Raleigh TRI002 Clip on Bar - Black
Raleigh TRI002 Clip on Bar - Black
Offered by Y Frame Discounts Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't fit my bike :(, 1 May 2013
So they are quite a good product, cheap. They didn't fit my handlebars (which are wider in the middle), I did set something up so they'd fit and found them to be pretty comfortable but they rattle about a bit so I bought the RSP tri bars (also on amazon) which were roughly the same price but a lot better.

Egg Mood Lights - set of 3
Egg Mood Lights - set of 3

5.0 out of 5 stars Lets face it, the best thing on amazon, 1 May 2013
These eggs are literally the perfect product, buy them, buy lots of them, receive them, turn them on and do nothing for the rest of your life except gaze at them as they cleanse your soul (and review the occasional thing on amazon).

More Mile High Viz Waterproof Backpack Rucksack Bag Cover for Cycling or Running MM1394
Offered by The Sportswear Factory

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems good, 23 Mar. 2013
Very high visibility (so much so that when I look round it makes me jump!). A bit on the small side for my bag but thats my fault. No water gets through it and it has a helpful pocket on the back so you dont need to take it off the bag all the time to get at stuff.

Page: 1 | 2