Profile for Martin Matthews > Reviews

Content by Martin Matthews

Martin Matthews (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Move&Moving(TM) 2 Pcs Red Light LED DC 12V Strobe Brake Lamps Decor for Motorcycle
Offered by netSells

4.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy but effective, 5 May 2016
I've bought these before so a repeat purchase must be a good sign. However, it is more about a lack of alternatives as they are about as robust as you would expect for a couple fo pounds.

Siamp 30996007 1/2-Inch 15 mm Plastic 99B Bottom Entry Inlet Float Valve - Multi-Colour
Offered by Taps2traps

4.0 out of 5 stars No obvious problems but maybe not great design, 5 May 2016
Not sure this is completely robust but I may be biased as it replaces an identical one which failed.

Authentic Recipes Box Set (6 in 1): Over 200 Healthy, Delicious Recipes from All Over the World Plus Indian, Mexican, Korean, native American Cooking Tips (Authentic Recipes & Slow Cooker)

2.0 out of 5 stars Bodged together quickly., 5 May 2016
There was very little time spent on this I guess. No common formatting or editing. Worth the price (free) just.

Gleader 12 PAIRS 100% COTTON WHITE MOISTURISING LINING GLOVE health music canvas work
Offered by G101G

3.0 out of 5 stars Small but if your hands are too they should do especially for the price, 5 May 2016
Very small (under medium male size). When stretched to my hands they were more like fishnet stockings than cotton gloves (not that I know what it's like to war fishnet stockings obviously).

Annke 10000mAh Car Jump Starter 400A Peak Current Portable Charger Power Bank Battery Booster, SOS LED Flashlight, Advanced Safety Protection, Make your Vehicle Never Stop, For Phone Tablet and More
Offered by SANNCE & ANNKE

5.0 out of 5 stars Greate value, works brilliantly, manual confused me, 21 Feb. 2016
I was tempted to give this four stars because of the manual which is rubbish but the item itself deserved top marks and I can't face not giving it five. Our household runs too many vehicles and that means one or two sometimes aren't used for a while. Just after getting this I needed to use it to start my wife's 125cc motorbike and it did. Two days later it started my 30 year old 250cc. Both had charge in their battery but not enough to start and this made them start as if they had brand new batteries in. The connectors are designed for cars not bikes so are a bit too big and clumsy but they made enough contact to do the job. Plug the crocodile cables into the unit, attach the clamps to the battery and start the bike (no buttons to press or controls to work out). If, like me, you are doing this at 7:15am while still asleep and forget that the kill switch is still flipped on your bike the unit will give an error beep after a short while saying it has been attached too long. Unplug and plug back in and try again (once you have flipped your bike's kill switch)!

The device itself seems well made and for the price seems a great deal. It amazes me that I could carry it around in my bikes small storage for use any time anywhere which makes it so much more useful than the bigger boosters at twice the price. Plus it charges phones. Heartily recommended despite not having tried to use it on a car so read other reviews before buying for that. If I have occasion to try it on my car I will update this.

niceEshop Mini 45X 2,LED Pocket Microscope Magnifier Loupe with LED Light Adjustable Illuminator
Offered by CZ-Sky [ships from HongKong]

4.0 out of 5 stars Nothing special but it works well for a gimmick, 17 July 2015
Nothing special but it works well for a gimmick

Metric Motorcycle Tool-Kit EKTK-M50 Motorbike Tool Kit
Metric Motorcycle Tool-Kit EKTK-M50 Motorbike Tool Kit
Offered by Roadside Toolkits

4.0 out of 5 stars Not perfect but worth it, 17 July 2015
I bought this as a basis to create a toolkit for a specific bike knowing I would have to adapt it to suit. I have taken out most of the spanners and hex drivers and all the torx to replace them with things missing which I need (pliers, an 8mm spanner and a 17mm spanner) and maybe some spare parts (cables etc.). The bag is great and the tools seem good. The stuff I took out can be added to my tool box so not a waste.

Dropped one star because of the lack of pliers which to me are essential (to cut things if nothing else) and the tyre pressure/tread gauge which were not present (unlike the photo) and had been replaced with a mini oil container (which I quite like as a tyre pressure gauge is easier to find).

Be aware the contents seem to vary from the photo.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Presumably fine, 4 Jun. 2015
Not sure how you would test these but it is on and not screaming at me so hopefully it works!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PC DVD)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PC DVD)
Offered by Game Trade Online

3.0 out of 5 stars Whatever, 4 Jun. 2015
Doesn't really grab you the way Oblivion did but should be a better game. Not sure what is wrong.

Motorcycle Roadcraft: The Police Rider's Handbook to Better Motorcycling
Motorcycle Roadcraft: The Police Rider's Handbook to Better Motorcycling
by Phillip Coyne

4.0 out of 5 stars Get it or don't ride, 4 Jun. 2015
It may be the old version but it's still a good book (better than the new one by all accounts).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6