Profile for Benacre Broad > Reviews

Content by Benacre Broad

Benacre Broad "colinjacobs4" (Suffolk UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Labyrinth
Labyrinth
by Kate Mosse

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh Dear!, 25 Jun. 2007
This review is from: Labyrinth (Paperback)
Not very good was it? Was this book on the rebound from the Davinci code?

Nothing much else to say really but Rubbish!

Model Engineering: A Foundation Course
Model Engineering: A Foundation Course
by Peter Wright

5.0 out of 5 stars Beginner Bible, 16 Jun. 2007
Having been in the classic car and Stationary engine restoration business as a hobby I decided a few years ago to slow down save some money and build a loco or steam engine.

I have found this book to be an insperation and having read certain chapters I go out into the workshop and try out what I have learned.

We all know books cannot teach you everything but this one is brilliant and should in practive help more wannabee model engineers take the plunge.

#

Love Over Gold (Rmst)
Love Over Gold (Rmst)
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Real Gold., 10 Jun. 2007
This review is from: Love Over Gold (Rmst) (Audio CD)
I will never know why this album was not listed as a classic of all time and stayed in the charts for several years,

Yes it is Dire Straits at their best and no other album could or would beat it.

I love Telegraph Road and I think that had it been released as a single instead of Private investigations the album would have made better sales.

41 minutes of pure Dire Straits Gold

You will not regret buying this

Moving Pictures
Moving Pictures

5.0 out of 5 stars A Moving Album, 10 Jun. 2007
This review is from: Moving Pictures (Audio CD)
when i was 14 my new friend was not only into some of the great sci fi books of the time but he was an out and out Rush fan too.

I was lent the Rush single "Vital signs" which came form the album "Moving Pictures" I played and played that single for weeks until I saw the album in a three for a quid offer in my local record store. I played this to death too and this was my introduction to Rush.

Yup it is THE album of the 80's one I will never tire of.

Garden of Beasts
Garden of Beasts
by Jeffery Deaver

5.0 out of 5 stars A Brilliant King of the Thrillers, 10 May 2007
This review is from: Garden of Beasts (Paperback)
I havd never read any Deaver until Garden of beasts, What an excellent Thriller with a nice slow build up of characters and situations which made me not wish to hurry up and read it but to totally relax and enjoy the ride.

Cant wait to read more Deaver novels

The Kenneth Williams Diaries
The Kenneth Williams Diaries
by Kenneth Williams

5.0 out of 5 stars Diary of a pompous twit, 5 Mar. 2007
very good read and a window into a very private ad and troubled actor.

I would have loved to have met him and had a one to one with im. a true aknowledgement at last of a very fine "Pompous Twit" and that is a compliment

It
It
by Stephen King

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better mr King, 5 Mar. 2007
This review is from: It (Paperback)
Phew IT starts off slowly and builds each character up as we travel through the battle with IT. It is a book suited to this long drawn out descriptions and is very much matched by the story throughout. I though the ending was awful and I have found this to be the case in several of Kings books but I did really enjoy it and would reccommend IT as an introduction to Stephen King Novels

Savages
Savages
by Shirley Conran

5.0 out of 5 stars Ladies fiction had me gripped, 5 Mar. 2007
This review is from: Savages (Paperback)
I don't really remember why I bought this novel but wow what an great story.

Very much ahead of it's time and could well have been written about spoilt women of today as much as it was when published. As an eclectic reader I enjoyed this bok and found that it is not only for the ladies.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 25, 2010 1:39 PM BST

Mr Murder
Mr Murder
by Dean Koontz

5.0 out of 5 stars Another chase novel but a good one, 7 Jun. 2006
This review is from: Mr Murder (Paperback)
When I started this I did not realise I was going to read yet another good guy gets chased by bad guty novel but after some time as with all Koontz books I began to realx & enjoy the book & it was a rollercoaster ride through the pages. Exceelent well done!

Death in Holy Orders
Death in Holy Orders
by P. D. James

1.0 out of 5 stars Bored Rigid, 7 Nov. 2005
This review is from: Death in Holy Orders (Paperback)
A real struggle to get through this book. I tried to continue reading this yarn but found it so heavy & tedious that I was really glad to finish it. Why finish it? well I had to know ho done it & it was a b bit of an anticlimax. I do hope if I read anonther that I do not have to write such a negative review.
I also hope not too many readers bought the book on the strength of the author as I am sure as I was that they would wonder if they would ever read another!
Colin.