Profile for Muso > Reviews

Content by Muso

Muso "Music Luvver" (Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Dyson AM05 Hot and Cool Bladeless Fan Heater
Dyson AM05 Hot and Cool Bladeless Fan Heater
Offered by deep deals

2.0 out of 5 stars TURN THE VOLUME UP!!!! I CAN'T HEAR THE TV!, 22 Nov. 2015
I bought one of these as I live in Switzerland and we had a particularly hot Summer. To be honest, in cool setting it is useless and you would be as good with a £6.99 fan! I have tried it in heat setting too and it is better but still not hugely impressive! It is INCREDIBLY noisy however! You will need to turn up the TV even at moderate settings. All in I would say this is hugely overpriced. At £30 it might seem decent value! It looks good and I suppose this is what Dyson are hoping people will like. It is interesting to see that Dyson can make mistakes sometimes. Next Summer I may have to get another fan that will cool!

Dyson AM07 Cooling Tower Fan - Iron/Blue
Dyson AM07 Cooling Tower Fan - Iron/Blue

3.0 out of 5 stars Should stick to vacuum cleaners, 10 July 2015
Expensive, noisy, fan not great. Product description makes it sound much better than it is. Not tried heater yet but have heard it is better. Not worth the money if you are looking for a fan. One at 1/4 the price will do the same job. Might not look as good though but will do exactly same thing or better!

Placebo
Placebo
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars where are debuts like this these days, 18 April 2015
This review is from: Placebo (Audio CD)
I have just bought this at a record store on red vinyl for Record Store Day 2015. Listening to it all the way through for the first time in a long time brought back so many huge personal memories and confirmed to me that this album is a classic! It also made me think, this was their debut album, where are debuts like this these days? I urge young people to find their voice, become less safe and prescribed and get out there and buck the current trend for bland but 'decent' music.

Classic album,

Pe'ahi [VINYL]
Pe'ahi [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars Golden Ravonettes, 10 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Pe'ahi [VINYL] (Vinyl)
For a while I think the Ravonettes were losing the way a bit. They were bringing out good albums but not too varied from the last. This one however has a go and producing a more upbeat almost danceable album! It is such a well produced album and there are some outstanding moments, "Killer in the Streets" and "Wake Me Up" are awesome! "Kill!" is the piece de la resistance! A thrashy but still melodic saunter into Lykke Li terrority which on the face of it is a great move! Play this one loud, it's sheer scuzziness is a delight!

It is odd as I read the reviews here and was expecting the worst but no, it's a great album. I am not sure if the negative reviews are hardcore fans who do not really want them to move on. For me this is gorgeous, accessible Scandinavian pop at it's best.

Mess [VINYL]
Mess [VINYL]
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes!, 10 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Mess [VINYL] (Vinyl)
Best Liars album. They have got lose and gone wild, just like the album cover!

Turbines [VINYL]
Turbines [VINYL]

4.0 out of 5 stars Intricate Chillness, 10 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Turbines [VINYL] (Vinyl)
I really like Tunng and i have heard them being described as "experimental folk music". I would say this is a pretty decent description when you listen closely to them. Their previous albums were verging on the experimental side quite a bit which I didn't find a bad thing. Turbines is a little more settled into a sound they are wanting to put forward on this record. If I was to do a comparison thing it would be probably be what would happen if Belle and Sebastien met Mum! Or there abouts! :) One track where this is most evident I would say is "Bloodlines". Quite whimsical but lyrics that draw you into to listening to everything that is being said.

Other standout tracks for me are "Trip Trap", "The Village" and "Embers".

The art work is the usual Tunng kind of thing, kaleidescope images. I have still never seen them live but after hearing this think it's something I will need to put right.

Smilewound [VINYL]
Smilewound [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars Best yet, 25 May 2014
This review is from: Smilewound [VINYL] (Vinyl)
This is Mum's best and most complete album yet! So much going on on each track and they are all so different! Love it!

Love Letters
Love Letters

3.0 out of 5 stars Sounds a rush job, 19 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Love Letters (Audio CD)
I have been a follower of all things Metronomy ever since the first album and they have always intrigued by the new sound that gets unveiled each album, until now! There is nothing particularly wrong with 'Love Letters' but not a lot outstanding either. Every musician/ band has to have an off day and I think this might be Joseph and Co's 'off' album. There is nothing that really stands out. There are a few tracks which draw your interest for as they show the usual Jo Mount quirkiness, namely 'Month of Sundays' and my stand out track on the album 'Boy Racers'. It's very retro-electro. Even sounding vaguely Kraftwerkish.

Unusually for a Metronomy album there are a few tracks that I have really not gelled with yet, 'Monstrous' is basic and lives up to it's name! 'Call Me' sounds like a couple of guys doing a school project! In many respects this albums sounds like a rush job but I am sure there will be much better things to come.

Square Moon [VINYL]
Square Moon [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars Utter Beauty, 27 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Square Moon [VINYL] (Vinyl)
Quite simply, beautiful double LP. Comes from the most criminally ignored band ever! Super on record, superb live. This is the bands last hoorah before splitting so a must for anyone who has been lucky enough to have experienced their music. Great to see talented, thoughtful and poetic bands in 2013. There are so few and sadly will be one less! The singer Davey is off to South Africa to work as a nurse in an orphanage. This band will be sadly missed but this album is delicious.

The Minutes
The Minutes

5.0 out of 5 stars 21st Century Yazoo, 16 May 2013
This review is from: The Minutes (Audio CD)
Wow, when I heard this album I thought, "this is going to put the cat amongst the pigeons"! I IMMEDIATELY got this and love the way Alison's voice compliments the dancey, sometimes almost Bjork-like music. It's a little odd initially but it totally works and then I decided the whole album is the 21st Century Yazoo. 'Remind Yourself' even sounds a little like Massive Attack with Alison. Now that might work!!! Endless opportunities after this album! Stand out tracks for me are 'A Place to Stay','Changeling','Love Horizon' and 'When I was Your Girl'. Only song not keen pn is 'Love Reign Supreme'.

Surprising album and I think it will ruffle a few feathers but then music always should!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11