Profile for S. Bond > Reviews

Content by S. Bond

S. Bond

Garmin ZUMO 660LM 4.3 inch Motorbike Satellite Navigation with UK and Full Europe Maps, Free Lifetime Map Updates and Bluetooth

4.0 out of 5 stars Garmin 660, 22 July 2015
Ive always had Garmin units for aircraft, cars and bikes. This bike one was a big improvement on my previous one with one major problem-the mount.
Unit clips into holder and is released by a lever on top. Problem is twice when going on rough roads or hitting a pohole it detached itself, second time wrecking it after bouncing down the road! I intend replacing it but will be using a rubber band or somethingas a backup to make sure it doesnt happen again

From Dust to Dust and a Lifetime in Between
From Dust to Dust and a Lifetime in Between
by Katherine Anne Lee

4.0 out of 5 stars Dust to Dust book, 10 Sept. 2013
I purchased this book for my Wife a few days ago thinking it was a woman's book. I started reading it myself and couldn't put it down until I finished it. A real good read.

The Vintage Motorcyclists' Workshop (Re-issue) (Foulis Motorcycling Book)
The Vintage Motorcyclists' Workshop (Re-issue) (Foulis Motorcycling Book)
by Radco

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, 6 Mar. 2013
It far exceeded my expectations,great book full of interesting info if like me you are into old motorcycles. Read it a couple of times!

Stealing Speed (paperback): The Biggest Spy Scandal in Motorsport History
Stealing Speed (paperback): The Biggest Spy Scandal in Motorsport History
by Mat Oxley

5.0 out of 5 stars Stealing Speed, 16 Dec. 2012
I already knew this story yet purchased the book on a whim. Am i glad i did, it is the best read I have had in a whle. If your a motorcyclist like myself it will give you not just the Degner and MZ story but how the Jap bike companies- Suzuki in paricular came to be so successful.A great book.

Brittown [DVD] [2008] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Brittown [DVD] [2008] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]

4.0 out of 5 stars Brit Bikes, 7 Sept. 2010
A low budget film produced by two (then) fairly inexperienced producers, is one that can be watched time and time again by brit bike enthusiasts. It centres around Meatball a guy in Anahiem restoring and riding old brit iron and working from his home workshop.A real character.

Sons of Anarchy - Season 1-2 [DVD]
Sons of Anarchy - Season 1-2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Charlie Hunnam

4.0 out of 5 stars Sons of Anarchy, 7 Sept. 2010
I caught a couple of recent episodes on TV and had to see them all from the beginning!Its about a gang of outlaw bikers in a sleepy American town. Started years ago by some returning Vietnam vets to clear out the drug dealers etc that were running the town then. As a result most of the citizens including the police chief now help them. It soon comes apparent that the gang members arent the real bad guys! A well produced series with some good characters.

Ellion DVR-950S Slimline Dual Format  Multi-region Capable DVD Recorder with 160GB Hard Drive, MPEG4 Playback
Ellion DVR-950S Slimline Dual Format Multi-region Capable DVD Recorder with 160GB Hard Drive, MPEG4 Playback

2.0 out of 5 stars Ellion 950S -what next?, 26 Nov. 2009
I purchased one of these- Ellion 950s. It took me a while to get into it , but once I did it was great-for a few weeks then it broke. Fair enough Amazon replaced it very quickly with a similar one-now that has gone faulty. Amazon told me to contact Ellion as it was beyond thirty day return period. The link they gave me was unavailable so I found Ellions web site and reported it-no reply.
I've contacted Amazon since -no reply(which is unusual). All I can do is bin it and buy another make. Its a shame because when they were working they are good.One other thing-it has scart sockets and no HDMI sockets which makes me think maybe its very old stock and thats the reason for the problems.

The Peninsular War: A New History
The Peninsular War: A New History
by Charles Esdaile

3.0 out of 5 stars Peninsula Wars, 11 Sept. 2006
Having seen and read a lot about this subject, I found this book a bit different. At times it was hard going but it did give me a better general insight into this period of history. I am glad I read it as it has broadened my knowledge.

Stephen Bond