Profile for Fluffykitten > Reviews

Fluffykitten (South Wales)

The French Letter King
The French Letter King

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this book, 11 July 2014
I loved this book. Based in my home town of Merthyr Tydfil, Mr Hortons biographical story is beautifully written giving a wonderful snapshot of historical life in the valleys.

The Legend of Finndragon's Curse (Tales of Finndragon Book 1)
The Legend of Finndragon's Curse (Tales of Finndragon Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 3 Jan. 2012
This is a magical tale which transports the reader not only to the magical welsh mountains but right back to their childhood. The storyline is truly original, capturing the essence of Welsh legend with echoes of Tolkien and Blyton thrown in for good measure. The only thing that could have improved my reading experience is if i were reading by torch light in a den made from my mums tablecloth, dining chairs and broom. Cant wait for the next instalment Mr Earl.

The Time Hunters (The Time Hunters Saga Book 1)
The Time Hunters (The Time Hunters Saga Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 7 May 2011
I was initially drawn to this book by the price but as soon as I began to read it I was hooked. An eccentric uncle, a VW campervan time machine - whats not to like? Although written with the younger reader in mind the story is definately appealing to adults and proved to be a great escape from a boring, rainy wednesday afternoon. This is a bargain!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 18, 2014 12:01 PM BST

The Unicorn Crisis (The Hidden Academy Book 1)
The Unicorn Crisis (The Hidden Academy Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!!, 7 May 2011
I bought this book from the recommendations given by fellow Kindlers in the forum and I wasnt disappointed. This book has an extensive cast of mythical beings,from Shakespears Oberon to The Beastie of Loch Ness - even Keiser Soze gets a mention! I was sucked into the plot from the very first page and I couldnt put it down. Theres something for everyone within the story; fantasy, mysery,crime and adventure, which makes the story universally suitable for all age groups and tastes. The price does not reflect the quality of the book and I would gladly have paid five times more for this superb read. Cant wait for book two!!