Profile for R. Gardner > Reviews

Content by R. Gardner

R. Gardner "Corriebob" (Scotland)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Remember, Remember (Dc Nina Foster)
Remember, Remember (Dc Nina Foster)
by Lisa Cutts

4.0 out of 5 stars Remember Remember, 26 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Remember, Remember (DC Nina Foster) By Lisa Cutts.
On the cover it says a Thrilling New Detective series. It's not only that but written in a different style to other Detective
books that I've had over the years, There's no Guns, No dashing car chases, No Hugely deep tricky plot, No great tension,
But, what we do have is a detective story much more in touch with reality The authoress has a working background
in the processes as to how the law works and the rate it does as well. We have a good solid story following DC Nina Foster
and the team she works with, she is given a cold case from many years ago about a very bad train accident, Why she is given this is partly due to the fact that she sustained a serious injury at the hands of a criminal and this is her steadily getting back to work, Her bosses thinking this would let her ease back slowly into the routine. She and her male partner slowly but surely start to get to the bottom of the quest. Needless to say this gets mixed up with an ongoing case which really gets fairly involved. She has a police partner who she stays with to help ease the recovery, We learn a lot about her personal life and a little about the partners and others she works with as well. The story gave me the feeling of being very life like, Not boring, Never dull and not superficial as some story lines are..
If your looking for something away from the run of the mill books you had before, try this one, I think I'm right in saying this is the authors second book, which means I'll have to get the previous one as well...

Fulton Huntsman Umbrella Black
Fulton Huntsman Umbrella Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 May 2015
This review is from: Fulton Huntsman Umbrella (Apparel)
Very good and quite classy, easy to operate and sturdy.

5 Kg Shaded Area Lawn Grass Seed Covers Upto 142m2 Quality Certified Seeds From Ivisons
Offered by ivisons

5.0 out of 5 stars just as as I scattered the seed we hit a fortnight of really cold weather after a beautiful spell, but since then the grass has, 26 May 2015
I got seed for a shaded area, the choice of different types is very large, just as as I scattered the seed we hit a fortnight of really cold weather after a beautiful spell, but since then the grass has been as good as I would have wished. Will get its first cut in a fortnight when it is approx 3 inches or so.

Solar-powered Mole Repeller
Solar-powered Mole Repeller

5.0 out of 5 stars Solar powered Mole Reppeller, 25 May 2015
I assembled this the same day I got it, just two clips to push together, very simple, made a hole in the lawn and shoved in the repeller, I've had a lot of damage by moles over the last couple of months and at first I didn't worry as the soil they brought to the surface is brilliant for potting on, but after a period of time it got to much, especially when they work around a very small area and ruin the lawn. I did't want to kill them so thought I'd try this instrument. My garden is part of a much larger one belonging to a large house, the funny thing is that since I put it into the soil the night I got it. the next day mole hills appeared in the neighbouring garden and since then no fresh hills in my lawn.
Works a treat.

Igenix IG8125 Filter Coffee Maker with 10 Cup Capacity 900 W - 1.25 L
Igenix IG8125 Filter Coffee Maker with 10 Cup Capacity 900 W - 1.25 L

4.0 out of 5 stars Igenix IG8125 Filter coffee maker, 25 May 2015
Coffee maker by Igenix.
This is a filter coffee machine of a fairly standard design with the water filler on the top in the rear section, the coffee grains
are then put into the plastic filter which swings out to allow you to put in your choice of coffee, this sits above the glass coffee pot. There are indications on the side to say how many cups you will make when you pour in water to the reservoir, These I have always found just to be a guide which over a period of use you will learn how much water and coffee grains you need, this depends on the size of cup/mug you are using and the strength you like as well, Under the coffee pot the plate keeps it warm enough to enjoy and to not need reheating if left for a while. Under the hot plate on the front is the off and on switch. A simple to use and easy to clean model which every house should have as there is no doubt that we get better coffee from this equipment than just using instant..

HP BLUETOOTH MONO HEADSET H320
HP BLUETOOTH MONO HEADSET H320

4.0 out of 5 stars HP Bluetooth Mono Headset H320, 16 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is quite easy to set up, you receive a signal via Bluetooth from any tablet, mobile phone etc, Being mono, one ear piece is
all you need, it has a curved clip you tuck behind your ear, (left or right) with the speaker section just sitting on the ear, I found I didn't need to insert it in any way. There are three buttons, one for off and on and the other two basically a rocker for the volume. It took me
a moment or two to get the volume correct, this I would expect as I've never used this type of article before. You can listen to
anything, Music, Speech etc, but, where I found it really good was linked to my phone with the mapping system on and getting directions with
out looking at the screen or having the sound blotted out by traffic. very clear and easy to understand..
Not an expensive article and usefully does the job it's designed for. I have no doubt there are more expensive ones out there
but I'm happy with this one..It says on the web site that it can be on standby for up to a 150 hours and run time up to 6 hours. This I can't verify but no reason to doubt it..
There is a USB cable for recharging...

The Reader on the 6.27
The Reader on the 6.27
by Jean-Paul Didierlaurent

4.0 out of 5 stars The reader on the 6.27 Jean-Paul Didierlaurent...., 14 May 2015
This review is from: The Reader on the 6.27 (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I found this a completely different type of story to any other I've read before, It's a fairly short tale and I finished
it in a couple of days instead of week or so for any usual sized tale, This doesn't mean that it is any less enjoyable,
We have a young lad who works in a factory feeding a machine that pulps books, He extracts odd pages completely
at random and these he reads to strangers within the train that he takes to work and home later in the day. He hates
the machine he works with and his boss not much better, Later in the book he makes a find that leads him into a
mission to find out where a source of info has come from and possible romance if he can find the author. Written in
a quirky way with a rye sense of humour, very easy to read too. I think you would describe the book as delightful.
certainly well written,
I would say that if you looking for something different and easy on the brain, you will enjoy this tale..

HOWND Yup You Stink! Conditioning Shampoo
HOWND Yup You Stink! Conditioning Shampoo

5.0 out of 5 stars HOWND Conditioning Shampoo, 12 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've used this a couple of times now once on a big old dog and a small pug, both of which can get not only mucky but smelly as well, we live in the country and this adds to the concoction of things to attract them. With the two of them I used the same method, giving them a good spray and then
applying the the conditioning shampoo, I must say I was tempted to do what I did years ago and accidentally use the shampoo for my self, Nice pleasant smell, Also on the practical side it seemed to do the job intended. They both emerged beautifully clean and smelling nice after I had
spray washed them down, As it said in on the plastic container wash down until clear and dry. As instructed I stayed clear of eyes and mouths.
I now have two lovely smelling pooches.

3m x 4m (10ft x 13ft) Commercial Grade Heavy Duty Marquee. Marquees | Party Tent | Partytent | Event Tent | Wedding Tent | Gazebo | Gazebos | Market Stall.
Offered by Crocodile Trading Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Commercial Grade Heavy marque..., 11 May 2015
Have only assembled it once, but follow the instructions and easy to do, seems to be well made with everything included in the boxes (3)
basic kit seems to be roof, sides and back walls, open front which I wanted. waterproof, though I haven't used in a down pour.
Strong metal supports all numbered for assembly. also has base plates for standing on grass or soft surfaces.
Should last much longer than the pop up variety which are ok for a short time.
Good for parties and functions, You can extend it as well with extra sections..

BecoThings Eco-Friendly Poo Bag Refills
BecoThings Eco-Friendly Poo Bag Refills

5.0 out of 5 stars Beco Poo Bags, 11 May 2015
Beco Poo bags
These green bags are described on each one as Bear sized Poop bags and they certainly are, Made of recycled materials they degrade when put into a bin etc, they say they are extremely tough and fortunately I can vouch for that as before I used ordinary shopping plastic bags which had the draw back of having air holes in case children put them over their heads and had to be handled carefully, You can get them with handles or not as desired, obviously more expensive with handles. Usual method is put hand inside, lift material and pull the top down over the hand containing waste. then tie a knot, plenty of bag to do this. you can get a small container to clip onto the dog lead which carries enough for a walk a good number of times. A good product, not to expensive and now you have to buy shopping bags, probably quite cheap. Only criticism is that it would be even better with a total non see thru bag. But this is a minor grump.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20