Profile for R. Gardner > Reviews

Content by R. Gardner

R. Gardner "Corriebob" (Scotland)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Men Rock Sicilian Lime and Caffeine Awakening Beard Balm
Men Rock Sicilian Lime and Caffeine Awakening Beard Balm

4.0 out of 5 stars Men Rock Sicilian Lime and Caffeine Awakening Balm., 27 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have had a beard for longer than I haven't and frankly I've never thought of anything like this before, It comes in a nice sized sturdy plastic bottle with a pump top to dispense the thickish creamy liquid. It tells you to use a small amount and I would agree with that and that's all that's necessary, You rub it into your beard and skin after washing, while it's still damp, It spreads very easily and smells extremely nice, I enjoyed using it and still am as with the smallish amounts used will last a long time. I know my other half and the family are aware of it so the smell is fairly strong, but not overpowering. A bit like putting on aftershave for a clean faced person, but, in this case on a bearded person. It would make a nice present for someone and something very different or in extremes a suggestion to someone who needs help in the odour department.
At the end of the instructions it says, 'Look at yourself in the mirror and wink' I haven't done that but can see some doing it.
A fun practical present for yourself or someone else.

Hello Home Snuggle Time Bear Hug Toddler Bed, Cream
Hello Home Snuggle Time Bear Hug Toddler Bed, Cream

5.0 out of 5 stars Hello Home Snuggle Time Bear Toddler Bed., 27 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My daughter has two girls and the oldest one has been ready to leave her baby cot for a month now and this Toddler bed has proved absolutely
perfect in all ways as in intermediate bed before going up to a full size one, which will be a few years in the future. They feel much more secure as it's not like getting in to an enormous one straight after a cot, she enjoys the cosy dimensions rather than a jump to a teenagers one. It comes in a
package flat packed, very obvious how to put together, All the fixtures and fitting are there, I think it is MDF board or similar, very heavy box but makes it sturdy for jumping on and all the knocks a youngster will give it. The head board is a Teddy bear and the sides are his arms, For a young person making a step up in size, a friendly bear. It assembled very easily. This has the added bonus on being smaller than her enormous cot, which gives more room within the room itself. I thought it was a good piece of furniture and servers the purpose extremely well, very pleased with it, It will not be long till we purchase another for her 2nd daughter.

Granna Super Farmer Board Game
Granna Super Farmer Board Game

3.0 out of 5 stars Granna Super Farmer Board Game, 18 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a game that we are told was invented during the last world war in Poland, so it's been around for a good while,
I only found it recently. Having given it a trial with my extended family and friends of all ages, I found that some enjoyed it
others no too sure, It involves an element of counting and keeping track on what you have in your hand. Basically you are
the farmer, (each take a turn) and you have to multiply your stock by swapping and building up to having a good mixture. There are different animals
on the farm, Horses, Cows, pigs, sheep rabbits, 2 different sheep dogs, there is also a fox and wolf as well. Everything is determined
by the throw of the dice, You have to build up certain number animals to get one better, 6 rabbits for a sheep, same idea with the other
ones, the winner is the one that has one of each animal at the end or most of them when you have had enough, all sounds very easy , but it's not as the dice can bring into play the fox or the wolf, or just not fall your way. All a matter of luck. I found that some of the younger ones didn't enjoy it very much and others did including some adults as well. bit of a mix I found. I enjoyed it and will give it 3 stars as not a boring game if played in a group.
you have counters which have the animals on them and a couple of dice, plus instructions. Took us about 20 to 30 minutes to get
it underway properly first time. not one you will set up and go right from the minute you open the box with a new group of players.
Games seemed to last about 30 to 45 minutes depending on age as much as anything of the players. Not for the very young..

Oxford Spanish-English Visual Dictionary of Animals (Oxford Visual Dictionary)
Oxford Spanish-English Visual Dictionary of Animals (Oxford Visual Dictionary)

5.0 out of 5 stars Oxford Spanish - English Visual Dictionary of Animals., 16 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a lovely book in the two languages Spanish and English with lots and lots of good pictures of animals and birds plus in their surroundings The nice thing about it is that it is not just set out in one style from the front to the back, they vary the way it's presented, We are given the animals/birds/fish etc in the two languages sometimes set in the type of surroundings, sometimes not, when there's a lot of them we are given either a number to check what it is or sometimes the names are along side. At the beginning there is a small section where it illustrates the different sounds of the language in Spanish and English, this is not overdone as that might put a younger person off. The book is also broken down into habit with the animals etc in their own environment, Touches slightly on animal behavior, each section is colour coded which makes it easier to go back too, Some of the double pages are mainly a picture, but with detail kept to the side, There is a a fantastic amount of info, but because of the way it's presented it doesn't overwhelm the reader, they suggest 6 years and older, that would seem about right. at the end there is a useful index in the two languages, Although the book is illustrated in bright colors none of this is overwhelming to spoil it.
In terms of the two languages Spanish comes first, then the English, this is the way it should be.
Nicely put together, I think any younger person will enjoy this book. There are lots of different ones in the series and if this is an example they will be well used and liked. Even an adult will learn something.....

Panasonic KX-TGC212EB Digital Cordless Phone with LCD Display (Two Handset Pack) - Black
Offered by total digital stores

4.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic Digital cordless phone, 14 Jun. 2015
Do what they say in the blurb, I have them positioned fairly far apart, yet they still work extremely well, slightly old fashioned, but so am I,
easy to use and very clear with speech etc. good value for money as well.

Into The Fire
Into The Fire
by Manda Scott

5.0 out of 5 stars Into the Fire by Manda Scott, 14 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Into The Fire (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Having just finish the novel my feeling was my goodness what tale and to make it more incredible it’s
based on stories and truth that all children have a knowledge of thru school history lessons.
The way the book is set out usually leaves me cold (Not this time) as it goes back and forth in time from today to the 1400s
to the time of the Maid of Orleans, Joan of Arc, In the present day we follow a French lady detective following up a
series of fires and a death which holds clues as to the eventual out come of the story. In the 1400s we follow
a man whose mission is to change thru out the tale from one extreme to the other, read and find
out what. He follows the maid thru the various battles against the English who
want to rule France. The battle scenes are very realistic or as much as you can expect not having been there.
You are also dealing with the History of France and England thru this period. This all sounds dry but it’s not.
Written in fairly short chapters it goes back and forwards between the centuries always going forward we
slowly build up an understanding of the final outcome leading up to the fate of the Maid. Never dull, always moving
in time the detail slowly builds up as we progress thru to the end, In terms of the story It could be
considered fairly complicated, but the author has a great way of letting us follow all this in an easy to
read manor. Although it is a form of history lesson it never feels like it, the author has a really good
and deep knowledge of history of this time, she has very obviously done a lot of research and she fills
us in at the end with some historical detail and where to find it.
An extremely well written story, never dull, great characterization, well detailed, great feeling and really enjoyable.
to my mind this book is stage above the majority of books available dealing with this period in History.

Remember, Remember (Dc Nina Foster)
Remember, Remember (Dc Nina Foster)
by Lisa Cutts

4.0 out of 5 stars Remember Remember, 26 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Remember, Remember (DC Nina Foster) By Lisa Cutts.
On the cover it says a Thrilling New Detective series. It's not only that but written in a different style to other Detective
books that I've had over the years, There's no Guns, No dashing car chases, No Hugely deep tricky plot, No great tension,
But, what we do have is a detective story much more in touch with reality The authoress has a working background
in the processes as to how the law works and the rate it does as well. We have a good solid story following DC Nina Foster
and the team she works with, she is given a cold case from many years ago about a very bad train accident, Why she is given this is partly due to the fact that she sustained a serious injury at the hands of a criminal and this is her steadily getting back to work, Her bosses thinking this would let her ease back slowly into the routine. She and her male partner slowly but surely start to get to the bottom of the quest. Needless to say this gets mixed up with an ongoing case which really gets fairly involved. She has a police partner who she stays with to help ease the recovery, We learn a lot about her personal life and a little about the partners and others she works with as well. The story gave me the feeling of being very life like, Not boring, Never dull and not superficial as some story lines are..
If your looking for something away from the run of the mill books you had before, try this one, I think I'm right in saying this is the authors second book, which means I'll have to get the previous one as well...

Fulton Huntsman Umbrella Black
Fulton Huntsman Umbrella Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 May 2015
This review is from: Fulton Huntsman Umbrella (Apparel)
Very good and quite classy, easy to operate and sturdy.

5 Kg Shaded Area Lawn Grass Seed Covers Upto 142m2 Quality Certified Seeds From Ivisons
Offered by ivisons

5.0 out of 5 stars just as as I scattered the seed we hit a fortnight of really cold weather after a beautiful spell, but since then the grass has, 26 May 2015
I got seed for a shaded area, the choice of different types is very large, just as as I scattered the seed we hit a fortnight of really cold weather after a beautiful spell, but since then the grass has been as good as I would have wished. Will get its first cut in a fortnight when it is approx 3 inches or so.

Solar-powered Mole Repeller
Solar-powered Mole Repeller

5.0 out of 5 stars Solar powered Mole Reppeller, 25 May 2015
I assembled this the same day I got it, just two clips to push together, very simple, made a hole in the lawn and shoved in the repeller, I've had a lot of damage by moles over the last couple of months and at first I didn't worry as the soil they brought to the surface is brilliant for potting on, but after a period of time it got to much, especially when they work around a very small area and ruin the lawn. I did't want to kill them so thought I'd try this instrument. My garden is part of a much larger one belonging to a large house, the funny thing is that since I put it into the soil the night I got it. the next day mole hills appeared in the neighbouring garden and since then no fresh hills in my lawn.
Works a treat.