Profile for R. Gardner > Reviews

Content by R. Gardner

R. Gardner "Corriebob" (Scotland)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Komputerbay 64GB SDXC Secure Digital Extended Capacity Speed Class 10 600X UHS-I Ultra High Speed Flash Memory Card 40MB/s Write 90MB/s Read 64 GB
Offered by KOMPBAY

5.0 out of 5 stars komputerbay, 15 April 2015
As described and delivered as stated

I'm Travelling Alone
I'm Travelling Alone
by Samuel Bjork

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm travelling Alone by Samuel Bjork, 12 April 2015
This review is from: I'm Travelling Alone (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you like Jo Nesbo or other Scandinavian authors, you will enjoy this book, If you haven't, try this for a first one and you will not be disappointed.
This is a story that starts at a good pace and continues thru to end, Characters are introduced as we read, all the people are relevant to the story, sometimes that happens just to throw you off the scent or make you wonder where it's going. We have two main characters both police investigators, one male one female, Mia the girl has isolated herself on an island, you will discover why as you read, Holger Munch the senior investigator has to convince her to come back to the police fold and involve herself in this case, both of them have family problems before the case arrives which does affect the way they approach it, they are dealing with a series of deaths of very young people, These start happening at a regular time scale and nothing is quite straight forward, we are kept guessing, but with the story so well constructed that everything that takes place is part of the story and leads us forward, as with all these tales there are red herrings thrown into the story. In some ways I found this not as dark as some of the other Scandinavian books that I've read, I also found that once started I could not leave it alone, Short sharp chapters which switch from side to side, but always forwards as we build to a climax. Extremely well constructed, with a good story line. Highly recommended.

Nero Video Premium 2 (PC)
Nero Video Premium 2 (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nero VIDEO 2 Premium, 8 April 2015
This review is from: Nero Video Premium 2 (PC) (CD-ROM)
Nero Video Premium 2.
I've used a more basic program in the past and this is really a new experience, With a huge range of presentations for all your Videos
whether you want a simple one or go for the full cinema effect, If you are new to this or more advanced there is a program to suit.
Tutorials are there as well, I feel that once you have the basics the rest will follow, when we get this ability you tend to make things
to complicated at the beginning, then thru time you will start to develop your own style. Downloading is very easy and straight forward then it's time to start the fun by adding or even subtracting as you need. The range of effects, transitions, text and much more is large, or more than you
will ever need. The bumph says that there is a stabilizer for shaky videos, this I haven't checked as not needed, but if it does, can only
improve the odd amateur bit that you want to include or that the children have taken. Easy to do as you drag and drop as you do
in most of these programs, Music is easy to insert too and adjust, fading in out etc as necessary. Burns to DVD Video and Blue Ray
(haven't done Blue Ray), but see no reason to doubt this. The burn is pretty fast and every time I did one I encountered no problems.
Compared to my previous video program and burner, this is much better by a long shot and much more comprehensive, It might take a
little while to get used to it if you haven't done this before. but, that will not take long and then you will be a master producer....
All in all a good entertaining way of presenting your masterpieces for the family or friends to enjoy..

Little Book of Clarity: A Quick Guide to Focus and Declutter Your Mind
Little Book of Clarity: A Quick Guide to Focus and Declutter Your Mind
by Jamie Smart

3.0 out of 5 stars The little book of clarity Jamie Smart, 28 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The little book of Clarity, This is an unusual book which should be found in the self help
section, On the cover it says, 'A quick guide to focus and declutter your mind' This says it
all as that is what the author Jamie Smart tries to get you to do. I think for each individual
this will work more easily or not depending on your thought processes, whether they are
very regimented or full of all sorts of things. If you are the type of person that focuses on
a project or life very quickly and easily you will get less from it. But I would suggest this is probably not the
average individual. Written in short and snappy chapters, emphasizing different aspects
of how too, at the end of each chapter there is a QR code that can be read by your phone or tablet which
takes you to his web site for more back ground follow up. I though the first half slightly better
than the 2nd as it tended to repeat occasionally, if you can't read the code there is a URL
link to follow, I thought these not essential but interesting. The back cover says that your
stress levels should go down and you will think more clearly, perform better, enjoy
relationships better. I thought for me it was moderately help full, for other this will be
a great benefit. you will not know till you read it.

Nutrifiz Wheatgrass Effervescent Tablets - Pack of 20
Nutrifiz Wheatgrass Effervescent Tablets - Pack of 20

3.0 out of 5 stars Nutrifiz Wheatgrass Tablets, 28 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These tablets come in a tube of 20 and are the same size as most fizzy boosters that you can buy,
when put into liquid they breakdown very quickly and produce a very green looking scum
like a scummy pond, frankly a bit off putting to say the least, That apart the drink tastes
OK, I can't say it was my favourite taste but first thing in the morning was alright before eating
some real food. If you read the tube ingredients you get most of your daily requirements
in one dose, so if you are a balanced eater anyway you are really just boosting these,
I did find by the end of the tube that I really didn't fancy getting another one, Think the
scummy look put me off. As far as boosting my life, The jury's out, I can't say much
against them or for them, only thing I will add is that while all around were going down
with colds and flu s I didn't get them. So as I said the Jury's out. why not give it a try?

Teach Yourself Visually Photoshop Elements 13 (Teach Yourself VISUALLY (Tech))
Teach Yourself Visually Photoshop Elements 13 (Teach Yourself VISUALLY (Tech))
by Richard Wentk

5.0 out of 5 stars Photoshop Elements 13., 18 Mar. 2015
Photoshop Elements 13
This is a guide on how to use Photoshop Elements 13 in a visual way for all of us
to easily understand.
The illustrations use photos on screen with numbers against the section referred to in the
text. This makes it very easy to follow and action. You go from fairly basic adjustments like cropping,
altering the depth of the colour and light and dark. adding and taking away.
Using curves, making and using layers etc etc. You can add a frame and
text and this shows you how to. It really is pretty comprehensive from very basic alterations to
the more complicated. There are so many ways of producing a photo and what sometimes
starts as a fairly straight forward one becomes one where nothing in the finished article relates to the
original. It is set out in a very simple way with photos and good explanations as to 'how too'.
Set out in nice simple easy chapters step by step, You can skip to more advanced sections, you don't have
to follow it through one by one..
There is no doubt that where ever you are in photography you will learn something new, Or even just as reference
when you need to be reminded how to do it.
I've taken photos for years and where it used to be the dark room to produce the finished article,
you can now do everything and more in the comfort of your sitting room.
Just into photography or more advanced well worth the money.

Field Punishment No.1 [DVD]
Field Punishment No.1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Fraser Brown

4.0 out of 5 stars Field Punishment No.1 (DVD), 17 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Field Punishment No.1 [DVD] (DVD)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This DVD is about a group of men from New Zealand who were Conscientious objectors in the first world war,
It shows their courage and conviction to remain as such under extreme conditions, both physical and
mental. We follow two in particular who both remain adamant that they will not put on a uniform let
alone carry a weapon. they endure a huge amount of brutality over a long period of time, one more than
the other, but all these men were put under pressure to bear arms at the front. It takes a lot of courage
to stand by your convictions and in to days climate this would find more willing to see their point
of view. The filming and action especially the hard physical side to the actors role, must have been
very hard to bear at times and all credit must go to them, The acting is extremely good and the script
I thought the same.
This is not at times an easy film to watch,
but, watch to the end you must. What makes this stand out as a tale of war is the fact that it is
based on truth with real characters. Whether you are a pacifist or not this is a film about courage
and determination that frankly you will find difficult to better elsewhere. Well filmed, well acted,
a great true story and worth watching.

Igenix IG8010 Single Hotplate 1,500 W - White
Igenix IG8010 Single Hotplate 1,500 W - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Igenix Single Hotplate, 9 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We have a traditional AGA stove which is on a timer as to when used. In the morning and for the evening meal.
If something hot is required in the middle of the day or at times outside the above,
it takes ages to heat, even just soup. This small single easy lifted and shifted Hotplate is the answer.
It has variable heat settings all thermostatically controlled with a nob on the front, there is a red light to
indicate that it is on. It says on the box ideal for use in the Home, camping and caravans etc. and this
I would agree. I has 1500 wattsTemperature range, 100 – 400°C available which is more than enough and responds very quickly to
turning up or down as necessary. Comes with a meter flex, Finished in a white enamel coating and a 2 year guarantee,
Not very expensive and easy on the eye.
What more could you ask?

The Mountain Can Wait
The Mountain Can Wait
by Sarah Leipciger

4.0 out of 5 stars The Mountain Can Wait by Sarah Leipciger, 8 Mar. 2015
This review is from: The Mountain Can Wait (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a story that has a theme that I have not read before.
We have the main character Tom, a bit of a loner who runs a crew
of sapling planters, you find out that this is an occupation that there is a lot of competition to get the
contract, Having walked in many forestry areas with trees and without, I realize this job is anything but easy.
Right from the first chapter we have an incident that affects the story, more so in the 2nd half.
Also brings the book to a conclusion as well. I thought the words were extremely well written,
almost like poetry at times. The Author has experience of planting and this comes over in the
words. It is also very much about life in the camps as they travel from area to area when necessary as
one job finishes and another starts. This can be fairly raw and basic. Tom is really laid back and
obviously had great experience of what’s needed to get the job done, although we don’t learn much
about his early life in the camps.
His wife left him with two young children to bring up and this is a major theme through out the book.
You get to know them better as you progress through it and live the problems associated with that.
I found that not only is the writing easy, fluid and engaging, but the story line being so different,
for me made it enjoyable but not quite in the way I’d expected.

No Other Darkness (DI Marnie Rome 2)
No Other Darkness (DI Marnie Rome 2)
by Sarah Hilary

5.0 out of 5 stars No other darkness. by Sarah Hilary, 3 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is an extremely well written story about a Detective Inspector Marnie Rome set the task of solving why two very young boys died in a sealed bunker. I will say this is in many ways is not a comfortable read, but because it is extremely well constructed with well defined characters and a very good story line, this is one not be missed, the chapters are quite small and punchy with ever changing plots all relevant to the main story, although fairly early on we are given major clues as to who caused the death of the boys, that is only the start, I certainly didn't know the end conclusion to the story ahead of the final chapters.
Also,I found that you have to sit down and read for a concentrated period, not one to dip into and take up the story easily as the twists and turns maybe require a bit more concentration than normal.
Not easy to give you story clips as an insight, You really need to start at the beginning and follow it thru.
Good quality story and plot. Any one who enjoys a crime novel above the average should enjoy this book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20