Profile for Jaxxmitch > Reviews

Jaxxmitch

Wahl Multi Cut Mains Dog Clipper Set & Instructional DVD Blue / Yellow
Wahl Multi Cut Mains Dog Clipper Set & Instructional DVD Blue / Yellow

5.0 out of 5 stars Shocked at my own success, 2 Aug. 2013
I received my clippers over a month ago and watched the informative DVD on how to use the clippers. Every time i went to use the clippers, i chickened out. Kept thinking i would probably cut an artery or something.
I thought because i hadn't paid €100's for them they would be cheap and nasty. They are not. The clippers are quite sturdy and heavy and i didn't think they would slip and accidentally maim my dog.
In the mean time my dogs hair got longer and longer.
Then i received the email asking me what i thought of the product; this prompted me to give it a go. So i re-watched the DVD and began.
I didn't want Ozzy to have a short back and all off so i began with the No 2 guide which seemed to be just perfect. i wanted to keep some of his scruffy look character so i used the No 4 cutting guide on his head and face.
I think i did just as good a job as some of the groomers I've paid more than the cost of the clippers to in the past.
They are well worth the money. even if i only get to use it twice if saved mote than €50. From the look and feel of the product at the end of our 2 hour session i will definitely get more than 2 uses.

The clippers did get hottish towards the end of 2 hours of use. i put the clippers against my own skin to see if Ozzy could feel it and it didn't feel even warm.
Never having clipped a dog before i have nothing to compare it with except my husbands hair clippers and to be honest other than being heavier they are very similar and just as easy to use.
My dog has a shaggy outer coat and a very compact under coat. The clippers went through both without any trouble. I did wash and brush him first.
Ozzy was was like a spring lamb bouncing around at the end of his hair cut. The buzz and the clicking on and off did not bother him. he lay on his back with his legs in the air when i wanted to trim his belly hair which made it very easy to do.
I did not get his face hair how i wanted, but with practice i'm sure i will improve.
I can't wait for his hair to grow so i can do it all again. i really enjoyed the whole experience. now i know it's not going to cost a fortune i can keep him neatly trimmed and looking good. Love iot

Self Closing Flyscreen
Self Closing Flyscreen

5.0 out of 5 stars No More Mozies or flys, 21 May 2012
This review is from: Self Closing Flyscreen
I love my new Magnetic Fly Screen.It's one of those products that does exactly what it say it will do and it's definitely value for money. If you live somewhere very hot though, the double sided pads used for fitting will just shrivel in the heat. If your doorway is in full sun you do to have to have a wooden frame to attach the screen to using extra thumb tacks. I had to make a simple frame to attach the screen in my door way. It was very simple to put in place and it works, closes every time either myself or even my dog goes through it.

I have even solved the one little niggle i came across after it was fitted; the problem was, when the wind blows and the main door is closed, the magnets tapped against the door, which was irritating and it made my dog bark! Doubly irritating. To fix this i put adhesive foam pads on the back of each magnet and now no tapping. Simple!

I live next to a property that has fruit trees and attracts lots of fruit flies also locally there are quite few bee hives as well as the mosquitoes, now nothing. Brilliant product, i am going to recommend it to all my friends who don't have fitted fly screens.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Pink Kindle Cover, 4 Mar. 2012
Love my new cover for my Kindle. It looks good.Its very well made, its sturdy too. It fits easily into all my handbags. Protects my Kindle from all the paraphernalia i carry around for work or leasure and it's bright Pink. I chose this colour, not becuase i'm all girlie; but because i have too many dark coloured items. I can spot this easily in my bag, so as soon as i get to some place comfy i can fish it out of my bag without all that rummaging around. Perfect.

Marware Eco-Vue for Kindle Cover, Pink

Mesh Back Lumbar Support for Office Chair or Car/Van/Lorry
Mesh Back Lumbar Support for Office Chair or Car/Van/Lorry

5.0 out of 5 stars Sitting posture sorted, 13 Jan. 2012
Simple and brilliant,I have now bought 4 of these Back supports, so now all my daily sitting places help me sit correctly. dining , office,car and computer chair, they stop me from slouching and I do not get any more lower back pain. Excellent.

Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Graphite
Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Graphite

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 13 Jan. 2012
I love my Kindle. I can now take all my reading material to the beach without the bulk. I just wished I had ordered my cover at the same time.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 13, 2012 1:29 PM GMT

Amazon Kindle Keyboard Leather Case (3rd Generation - 2010 release), Black
Amazon Kindle Keyboard Leather Case (3rd Generation - 2010 release), Black

3.0 out of 5 stars oops, 11 Jan. 2012
I am new to kindle an I did not realise there was a size difference when I ordered this product. I have had to return it and order something similar for the Kindle 4

Heroes: 100 Poems from the New Generation of War Poets
Heroes: 100 Poems from the New Generation of War Poets
by John Jeffcock

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant thought provoking little book of poems, 28 Nov. 2011
Brilliant thought provoking little book of poems. Written by people who were there. The poems stir the emotions and make you feel what they went through. The pain, the anguish, horror and sometime the futility. Modern poems for everyone. I recommend this book for any age.