Profile for quiltfan > Reviews

Content by quiltfan

quiltfan

Positively Postcards: Quilted Keepsakes to Save or Send (That Patchwork Place)
Positively Postcards: Quilted Keepsakes to Save or Send (That Patchwork Place)
by Bonnie Sabel

5.0 out of 5 stars inspiring, 12 Dec. 2012
This book is brilliant, it shows you a technique for making postcards that is easy to use and then gives you of different ways to use it.
can wait to start

Playmobil 4167 Advent Calendar Pony Ranch
Playmobil 4167 Advent Calendar Pony Ranch
Offered by MJM Emporium

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST ADVENT CALENDA R, 3 Dec. 2012
this advent calendar has been a great success, my granddaughter aged 8 insisted on ringing me after opening day one. she loves it

PetWorld 3D: My Animal Rescue
PetWorld 3D: My Animal Rescue

5.0 out of 5 stars my granddAUGHTER LOVED IT, 3 Dec. 2012
I ordered the free version of this for my new kindle fire, took it to show my granddaughter and she loved the game. she didn't want me to take it home again !

Enid Blyton's Enchanted World: Pinx and the Ring of Midnight
Enid Blyton's Enchanted World: Pinx and the Ring of Midnight
by Elise Allen

2.0 out of 5 stars dissappointing, 22 May 2011
I bought 3 of this series for my granddaughter who loved the faraway tree and wishing chair books, but we found the language difficult, i had to explain so many words that we lost the thread of the stories, which were very weak anyway.
She can read the Enid Blyton books to herself, but wouldn't even try with these. I think it's very wrong to link these to Enid blyton in anyway. All 3 books went straight to the charity shop in the hope they will raise a little cash for a good cause.

Witham Through Time
Witham Through Time
by John Palombi

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 22 May 2011
This review is from: Witham Through Time (Paperback)
I have lived in witham since the 1960's and found this book really interesting, it shows many changes in the time I have lived here.I then showed it to a friend who has lived in witham all her life and it brought back many more memories for her.

I think there should be a copy in all the care homes in the area

Scribble Kids OR735 Childrens Toys Wheelbarrow
Scribble Kids OR735 Childrens Toys Wheelbarrow

3.0 out of 5 stars rather small, 24 Oct. 2010
my 2 year old grandson loved this product but I was disappointed with the size. It's very small even a 2 year old has to bend his kness to push it along or everything falls out. I assumed the 42cm was the size of the bucket, it is in fact the overall size of the wheelbarrow. I did not return it as my grandson was so pleased with it but i will be looking for a larger version for christmas for him. It is very durable and if it had only been bigger would have been perfect. As it is he helps daddy in the garden picking up leaves and trundling them round the garden
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 10, 2010 1:01 PM GMT

The Essential Sampler Quilt Book
The Essential Sampler Quilt Book
by Lynne Edwards

3.0 out of 5 stars The Essential Sampler Quilt Book: A Celebration of 40 Traditional Blocks from the Sampler Quilt Expert, 10 July 2010
I was disappointed with this book when I discovered very little new content. It is just a conbination of her first 2 quilt books. So no new blocks. The new photographs of quilts are very interesting as they show how with different colour choices the quilts can look so different, especially the one made in primary colours for a child. But if you already have the first 2 books I wouldn't bother to buy this one. If you don't have the first 2 books then this is a good buy as all the information is under one cover and Lynne's instructions are excellent. I was disappointed as it wasn't clear that this book was rehashed.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 20, 2014 11:35 AM BST