Profile for Novice > Reviews

Content by Novice

Novice (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Gluten Free Cookbook (Healthy Cooking)
Gluten Free Cookbook (Healthy Cooking)

2.0 out of 5 stars I recently received this cookbook and was very impressed with ..., 11 April 2016
I recently received this cookbook and was very impressed with the Introduction which is informative, interesting and gives advice about generally eating healthily. The recipes do give inspiration BUT some recipes contain ingredients which are distinctly NOT gluten free e.g. "Orzo with...." (when Orzo is a pasta - made from flour - yet is described as "..very tasty RICE starter..") and "... couscous...." (when couscous is made from semolina, ultimately durum wheat). My suggestion would be to use this cookbook by delighting in the inspiration it gives but if in doubt as to whether an ingredient is gluten free double check that ingredient (via the Coeliac Society website etc) rather than making this cookbook your ultimate authority for deciding what you may include in your gluten free diet.

Stand Collar Beauty Tunic Bright Pink 34-36"-12
Stand Collar Beauty Tunic Bright Pink 34-36"-12
Offered by Work Wear Apparel

5.0 out of 5 stars Just right for me., 21 Jun. 2015
Good quality fabric (slightly thicker than I expected so am hopeful it will last) and lovely to have a concealed zip - I'm not a fan of having the zip show on my clothes. I am between a size 10 and 12, and with size 12 found the hips were just right so chose the correct size for me. Also am pleased with the way it has washed.

365 Steps to Practical Spirituality: A day-by-day guide to finding health, contentment and inner peace
by David Lawrence Preston

5.0 out of 5 stars "Love it to pieces", 30 Aug. 2014
A great book for reminding us of the various ways and perspectives which will help us to live a spiritually fulfilling life. I have listened to some audio books by Wayne Dyer (when driving) and often thought, "if I wasn't driving I'd make notes". This book is even better than any notes I'd make and also gives ideas from other perspectives too. I really think David Lawrence Preston has done a fantastic job!

The Boy Who Came Back from Heaven: A Remarkable Account of Miracles, Angels, and Life Beyond This World
by Kevin Malarkey

4.0 out of 5 stars Thank heaven for this little boy - he gives hope and inspiration to us all, 23 July 2014
This book was recommended to me a few years ago and I am pleased I have got around to purchasing and reading it. It was an easy read both mentally and physically (because the typed lines on each page were a little further apart than usual, for my eyes, this was helpful) and the few photos were also interesting and I do truly believe that Alex (and his family) have suffered and endured the experiences (of horrific proportions) so that in turn they give hope and inspiration to others.

On the subject of NDE (near death experiences) I have rated this four out of five; reserving five for Anita Moorjani's "Dying to be me" which, as an audio book, I listened to and found absolutely amazing on the subject.

Gabor Womens Glitz L Ballet Flats, Black - Black, 5 UK
Gabor Womens Glitz L Ballet Flats, Black - Black, 5 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and look neat on my feet, 23 July 2014
The shoes are very comfortable and I know will last well (being made by Gabor). The soles are cushioned and they have a wide toe box; both of which are essential for my feet (of mature years). Am very pleased with my purchase; they look neat and fit a treat!

Gabor Womens Glitz N Ballet Flats 84.235.12 Beige 5 UK, 38 EU
Gabor Womens Glitz N Ballet Flats 84.235.12 Beige 5 UK, 38 EU

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable - colour is more fawn than cream, 23 July 2014
When selecting these shoes, they were described as, and pictured as a light cream (not as in the photo here which is their real colour). That having been said, they fit lovely, the soles are cushioned and they have a wide toe box; both of which are essential for my feet (of mature years). Am very pleased with my purchase and know that from Gabor I have a quality product.

Wishes Fulfilled: Mastering the Art of Manifesting
Wishes Fulfilled: Mastering the Art of Manifesting
by Dr Wayne W. Dyer
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for listening and inspiration, 25 April 2014
I've listened to a couple of other CDs by Wayne Dyer and thoroughly enjoyed listening to this one as well. Great for inspiration and making you more aware of your higher self (and to give you confidence).

Zenker 5133 Madeleine Mould for 12 Madeleines 39 x 26 cm
Zenker 5133 Madeleine Mould for 12 Madeleines 39 x 26 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 25 April 2014
Excellent results: I greased the tin well with melted butter and only filled them about two thirds full with cake mixture and was delighted with the results. Thoroughly recommend these tins.

Pavoni Formaflex Silicone 20 Mini Madeleine Pastry Moulds
Pavoni Formaflex Silicone 20 Mini Madeleine Pastry Moulds
Offered by Winware

4.0 out of 5 stars First encounter with Silicone, 25 April 2014
Have used them with great success. The one failing I had was that on a few Madeleine's I overfilled the moulds and so Madeleine's not perfect shape when they were eased out i.e. there was a rim around the edge without the pretty shell markings and I nibbled this off with a small knife.. Have only given four stars because they do attract dust easily so will need to wash them well before each use.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Safe and sensory, 25 April 2014
Brilliant way to gently exude fragrance in the home. Just a few drops of oil (and a little water) and no discolouration of ceiling and walls from burning candles for such fragrances!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5