Profile for LJM > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Traiveller's Joy
Traiveller's Joy

5.0 out of 5 stars A joy to listen to., 7 April 2014
This review is from: Traiveller's Joy (Audio CD)
Lovely songs again. I was going to buy this CD and Echoes at Emily`s concert, but I must say they were somewhat cheaper over Amazon! Emily can make an old song sound contemporary and always great playing from the boys. Emily`s accent is more Scottish on the CDs than in real life!!

The Hunger Games: Songs From District 12 And Beyond
The Hunger Games: Songs From District 12 And Beyond
Offered by positivenoise

5.0 out of 5 stars Hungry for more, 7 April 2014
Yep loved them all. Particularly like Taylor Swifts 2 songs on this CD. Great in car music. If you loved the film you will love the CD too.

Echoes
Echoes

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 7 April 2014
This review is from: Echoes (Audio CD)
Recently saw Emily in concert in Dunfermline and she is very relaxed and a great performer. Jamie was with her and he is a great entertainer too. The songs on this are great. Funnily, Emily has a more Scottish accent on the CDs than she does Live!!

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

4.0 out of 5 stars Fire indeed, 7 April 2014
This is excellent, although to be honest I prefer the music from the first CD to the Hunger Games. Good though.

Escape Womens Genoa Boots Burgundy 6 UK, 39 EU, Regular
Escape Womens Genoa Boots Burgundy 6 UK, 39 EU, Regular

5.0 out of 5 stars Little Red Boots, 13 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Escape Womens Genoa Boots (Shoes)
Love my Little Red Boots. They are comfortable and pretty. Not too high and a perfect fit. Wore them for a wedding the first time and they were great all evening, even with dancing. Great.

Take Me Home: From the bestselling author of Watch Over Me (Glen Avich)
Take Me Home: From the bestselling author of Watch Over Me (Glen Avich)

5.0 out of 5 stars Take me anywhere you like...., 30 Jan. 2014
This book was really good. Watch Over Me was excellent and I must say I enjoyed it more, but Take Me Home is well worth a read. A real could-not-put-it-down type. Enjoy.

Tin Star
Tin Star

4.0 out of 5 stars Up and coming star perhaps?, 24 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Tin Star (Audio CD)
A lovely haunting voice and some beautiful songs. A real Country Queen and I think she will be making it very big very soon. Cannot say I understand all the innuendo in Lived and Died Alone, it does seem a bit odd, but it has a lovely tune. Don't really care for Surreal. The rest of the album is great and I am very glad to own it.

The Perfect Family
The Perfect Family

5.0 out of 5 stars Eye opener for the old-fashioned, 24 Jan. 2014
Yes this book opened my eyes. One of the main characters is a gay young man and to be honest, although my daughter has gay female friends, I have never been in close contact with a gay man/boy. Yes, at the tender age of 54 I have yet to befriend a gay man or be befriended by one. That is probably because I come from a church background and find it all vaguely distasteful and not what God expects really. Live and let live being my motto, but I have always been a little sceptical that a person is truly born like that. And really, isn't it all a bit dirty and isn't AIDS all their fault? Yes, yes, shoot me down.... However, I have 3 daughters and now 3 grandsons, the eldest being 11 and what if one of mine turns out to be gay? Will I love him less? Will I look down my snooty nose at him?

I am happy to say that after reading this book the answer is NO. Kathryn Shay must be an amazing woman and I can only hope that given her challenges I would rise up half as well as she has. Thank you Kathryn for changing my mind and obliterating some old-fashioned, deep seated and nasty views which have been hanging around my neck for far too long. Well done.

There are other issues in the book too. A grandmother who isn't very nice and did a lot to hurt her family in the past. Hopefully, I wont be mistaken for her now I am more enlightened. So enjoy this book and I hope you take as much from it as I have.

Re-Gen Oil 75ml
Re-Gen Oil 75ml

5.0 out of 5 stars What scar?, 20 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Re-Gen Oil 75ml (Personal Care)
I got this after I had a mole removed from my leg which turned out to be malignant melanoma. I then had a second operation to remove the first scar and surrounding tissue. I did have a great plastic surgeon who made a nice neat scar, but it was about five inches long when done in September. By Christmas it was down to 2 and a half inches and is just like a pink scratch. I am sure the RE-GEN OIL has worked wonders as I have used it 2 or 3 times daily since the scar healed. I have also started using it on my wrinkles and I think they are a little better too. (Well, one can live in hope.)

Garden Chair Cover, Patio Chair Cover, Outdoor Chair Cover
Garden Chair Cover, Patio Chair Cover, Outdoor Chair Cover
Offered by Centurion Industrial Packaging Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Covered, 20 Jan. 2014
Yep this cover covers up the patio chairs and seems fairly thick too. Sure it will last the winter and probably a lot longer. Has holes to put a cord through, but no cord, so get some thick string.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12