Profile for Aririnkitaku > Reviews

Aririnkitaku

Icybox External 4-Bay RAID Enclosure for 4 x 3.5 inch SATA l/ll/lll HDDs
Icybox External 4-Bay RAID Enclosure for 4 x 3.5 inch SATA l/ll/lll HDDs
Offered by ComputerizerStore

3.0 out of 5 stars I works fine, but the hardware's a pile of trash, 13 May 2014
It works fine, nice speed, supports huge drives & does everything a RAID enclosure should do, & it's cheap.

However, after using it for around 2/3 of a year, the transformer on the power cable decided it would break, completely randomly. No idea why.

I guess you get what you pay for, but if you want data security, then this isn't for you. If you want an expansion to your current storage on the cheap, then I'd recommend this. They do have a customer support system, who I have contacted, but have yet to receive a reply. Anyway, it works well, aside from the fact that the price is reflected in the hardware.

Masterplug SRPTU82PB USB Charging Surge Protected 2 m Extension Lead Power Centre with 8 Sockets

4.0 out of 5 stars Well it probably works, 13 May 2014
What can I say? I mean I don't get struck by lightning very often. So based on the assumption that it does actually protect from surges, it's great. It comes with cable for everything including the Ethernet & (slightly smaller version of Ethernet that I don't know the name of). Only problem would be that the power switch is way too easy to press, it should require some force, as I have already accidentally turned it off once.