Profile for James Arkle > Reviews

Content by James Arkle

James Arkle

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little budget board, 16 Dec. 2013
Set this board up recently in my girlfriend's computer and was surprised to see how solid and downright high quality the board looked when I took it out the box. The all black finish looks fantastic and short of bios options or ports, you would be forgiven for thinking this board was bought for even twice the price!

Building it into the system was easy, as most boards are, although it's slightly slimmer than a standard ATX board so I ended up using the standoffs in a different location, but it was all fine.

Booting into bios gave me mouse control and a large number of options straight off the bat, which quite impressed me.

Given the price (around £60), this is a fantastic motherboard with nothing budget about it. If you don't need extra ports or some of the features more premium offer, then this suit you very well and save you a nice wedge of cash.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 2, 2014 8:28 PM GMT

Razer Deathadder Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Razer Deathadder Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Offered by Dealtime IT

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but nowhere near nice enough for the price., 16 Dec. 2013
I've been looking for a gaming mouse to replace my ageing Logitech MX518 for a while and figured I'd take the plunge and try out my first Razer product.

The mouse is nice enough to hold (although the body plastic feels a little cheap), the sofware (Synapse 2.0) is decent and the sensitivity has been better and more adaptable than previous mice I've had for doing various things in a range of games. Particularly, in Battlefield 4 I found it tight enough to aim accurately when on the ground, but also quick enough to steer jets into very tight turns. Something that I would have to switch sensitivity modes for when using the MX518.

However, I had only used the mouse for a week before I started to run into a quite aggrivating issue. I am not sure whether this was a faulty product or simply a design choice, but I found that the right and left clicks required very different amounts of pressure to press. The left click was totally fine and remained so, however, the right mouse button became incredibly sensitive. This was to the point that general web browsing became a bit of a chore as the right click context menu would constantly be popping up.

While I could just lift my finger off this button, the finger groove on it suggests I'm meant to be resting it there, so it seems bizarre that it's so incredibly easy to click by accident. I suggested it may be just flawed as I noticed that the switches for each button were in different locations, one being much closer to the finger-tip than the other. This may be the cause, but Razer themselves stated that the two buttons are meant to be equally sensitive/responsive, so I do not know what to think.

Anyway, I don't write many reviews but this mouse annoyed me so much that I've since returned it under the basis that I don't think it was worth £50 at all. I've went back to using my 5 year old MX518 as the Deathadder 2013 actually felt like a downgrade, which is a massive shame, as there aren't many competitors which don't look like spaceships plastered with buttons and angles (I'm looking at you, Corsair!)

Discovering Statistics Using SPSS (Introducing Statistical Methods series)
Discovering Statistics Using SPSS (Introducing Statistical Methods series)
by Andy Field

5.0 out of 5 stars Lighthearted Look at Statistics, 13 Feb. 2010
Very much enjoy this book. Bought it for my psychology degree and find the writing style to be quite fresh and light hearted. Exactly what you need when you're looking at graphs. The author seems like a nice fellow and catches you off-guard with jokes sometimes.

Guides for SPSS, as suggested by others, are brilliant and don't just throw formulae at you, but teach you how to use it first.

Anybody looking for a good guide to statistics, get this.

Wired-up HDMI to HDMI Gold Plated Connectors 1.8m Cable v1.3A
Wired-up HDMI to HDMI Gold Plated Connectors 1.8m Cable v1.3A
Offered by SANNCE & ANNKE

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful, 6 Nov. 2009
Perfect cheap little HDMI cable. Does the job just as well as the majority of much more expensive ones.