Profile for Bighead > Reviews

Content by Bighead

Bighead

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition (PS3)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition (PS3)
Offered by Turbotrance

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Game Ever!!, 19 Feb. 2015
Absolutely brilliant game...I've Spent 100's Of Hours fighting all sorts of creatures. The world is so large and immersive. I cannot praise this game enough. The only downside, which can be frustrating, is when the game freezes at really important moments. You have to reboot the ps3 in the end and then find it didn't save up to the point where you were....now when you've just fought a really hard battle and have to do it again...well...controller gets put on the floor gently while you take deep breaths. Besides that hiccup....highly recommended! !

Prime Instant Video
Prime Instant Video

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Bother if on Android!, 12 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Prime Instant Video (App)
This is an absolute rip off.....I'm paying for Amazon Prime but this app will not play on my Galaxy 10.5 tablet -even after going round the houses installing everything other users have said might make it work. This has got to be one of the worst commercial decisions a company can make as Amazon must have loads of Prime customers who have android tablets who are basically getting two fingers stuffed up their noses...right past the second knuckle too. I am seriously considering leaving prime as Netflix works fine...time to make our voices heard and slam the door on the way out!

Snugg iPad 3 & 4 Case - Smart Cover with Flip Stand & Lifetime Guarantee (Black Leather) for Apple iPad 3 and 4
Offered by TheSnugg

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Case!, 10 Sept. 2013
I bought this case after buying a cheap one a few months back which has gradually startled losing its firmness and stability. As soon as I got this I could tell the quality was so much better. It is a perfect fit and looks very smart on the ipad, as well as giving very good protection if you should accidentally drop it. It does exactly what it says on the tin and I'd recommend it 100%

TomTom GO 6000 EU 6-Inch Sat Nav with Full European Lifetime Maps, Lifetime Traffic Updates, Always Connected and Interactive Screen Includes Click & Mount Car Charger and USB Cable

2.0 out of 5 stars Huge step backwards, 3 Sept. 2013
Ive had the 6000 for a few weeks now and felt the time was right to put in my review and recommendation. Basically, STAY AWAY from it until they update it as I honestly feel TomTom have released a half finished product that almost had me throwing it out of the car window 2 days ago.

it was almost midnight and i had just driven 6 hours and came up to the M5 junction on the M4 with the intention of going to the South West. The satnav kept telling me to go left and join the M5 but I couldn't as it was shut. I had to go towards the Bristol exit instead and drive 15 miles round trip to get back to where I wanted. Lo and behold, my satnav kept telling me there was a lane closure on the M5 and to join it. ERRR.....HELLOOOOOOOO......the M5 was shut!!! in the end had to drive to Avonmouth and come back into England using the diversion signs and not the TomTom as it wouldnt register the M5 was shut. In a nutshell, I had to do an extra 40 miles driving to get where I wanted with no help from the gadget so this is where I came to the conclusion that TomTom Traffic is crap. I had a paid subscription on the 750 go ( which i still have 7 months running but they wont let me transfer it to my new satnav...another story...don't ask) and it was much better than this pile of tosh.

Anyway, that's my whinge done, here are the honest faults that i feel stop me from recommending buying this gadget.

1/ The writing on the screen is too small...i can hardly read what it is telling me...such as miles left and traffic incidents. I much preferred my 750 where the arrival, destination and time remaining was very clearly shown. I have good eyesight but even i have to strain to read some of the writing.

2/ No Help features such as nearest Police, Hospital, GPS reading in case of breakdown. They were nice to have in case of an emergency. I know you can type it in but its was just handy having everything all in one place...why remove something if its valuable to a driver?

3/ Cannot see a detailed breakdown of the route planned when setting off (or during)....all you can do is watch a preview which takes forever and is absolutely useless.

4/ Voice volume is a lot quieter than the 750..and im not going deaf either

5/ alternative route recommendation is too small, i kept missing it...on the 750, it came up in a big bold square with no chance of missing it

6/ The Traffic option appears to be behind real life timings...as in the case of the M5 closure

Don't get me wrong, the gadget looks very good and is very fluid but for £300 i honestly feel that my 750 was a much better satnav...so many more functions to help the driver. Maybe TomTom will release updates to fix some of these issues but personally from my experience, i would save your cash and buy something better instead
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 27, 2013 11:44 PM GMT