Profile for Mr. R M > Reviews

Content by Mr. R M

Mr. R M "smallclone" (Wales)

Mini Remote Keyboard Multifunctional Rechargeable 2.4G Wireless Keyboard Mouse Remote Control Combo with USB Cable for TV Box Android TV Google TV Smart TV Raspberry Pi PS3 Xbox 360 Set-top Box Desktop Laptop HTPC Mini PC Etc
Offered by Kamtop

4.0 out of 5 stars Nearly perfect (for the price) For the price, 2 Nov. 2015
Nearly perfect (for the price)

For the price, this is a very useful remote. I use it for various installations of Kodi on Raspberry Pi and Amazon Fire TV. The trouble is, on my Amazon Fire TV, I use Firestarter to start the app screen up..........and this requires a double click of the home button. Thing is..........there's no dedicated button for home on this remote. You have to long press a button to get to home, and of course you can't double long click a button.

So this is very frustrating. But that's more my requirements than anything else. It's a good remote, if cheaply built.

Premium 1AMP (1000mAh) Micro USB Mains Wall Charger for Samsung Galaxy Range - 3 Pin UK Version - Extended 1.7 Metre Length (includes charging indicating light) Fits ACE 3/S/S2/S3/S3 Mini/S4/S4 Mini/S4 Active/Note/Note 2/Mega 6.3/Note 8.0/Nexus
Offered by iWantITOnline

1.0 out of 5 stars not good, 20 Feb. 2014
Bought it for my s3. which is having problems with original charger. This one said 1000ma on the description. Yet on the bottom of the charger it says 600ma !

took 7 hours to charge to 67%.

awful

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 1 Jan. 2014
I got this to replace a £20 router that was dropping connection and had file poor network transfer speeds. I'm using Virgin Media superhub in modem mode.

Pro's:
The unit looks great. It's got a ton of great functions. It's fast on wireless devices when you're close up to it.

Con's:
My wireless coverage is not improved at all. Infact it's worse. The transfer speeds are not improved at all.

Disappointed really.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 27, 2015 3:14 PM GMT

SoundWave SW100 Rechargable Portable Bluetooth Speaker
SoundWave SW100 Rechargable Portable Bluetooth Speaker
Offered by FoneM8store

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice, 5 Sept. 2013
Really nice. Feels and sounds like a Unit worth twice the price. Its heavy, stylish and it took more time fro me to get it out of the packaging than it did to get it working with my Samsung Galaxy S3.

I give it 4 stars because when I turn my bluetooth off it beeps continuously until I turn the Unit off. A small concern.

Well worth the money.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for Raspberry Pi., 11 July 2013
Excellent product. Works absolutely fine with a Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc.

The range is surprisingly good. Would recommend. Five stars.

JUSTOP T95 Quad Core Android 6.0 TV Box Marshmallow Ultra HD 4K / 1080P Out 3D Graphics Built-in 802.11N WiFi And Fast Ethernet
Offered by DigiDirect

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice piece of kit., 15 Nov. 2012
I got this for £39. It is well worth £39. If you want a more powerful media player which is slightly faster. Spend £100.

I wanted to stream terrestrial tv from the internet as the room has no aerial. It does this very well from TV CatchUp app. I also wanted spotify capability. No problem at all. Also Live sports from subscription tv sites - streams easily.

Plus points:
-Boots up quickly
-streams video well (I did have a stutter or 2 with some large HD files though)
-apps. Android market offers lots of capabilities here

Negative points
-can only get 3MB connection with a homeplug powerline
-Fast forwarding whilst streaming video doesn't always work
-scrolling via the remote control on some websites is tricky

I haven't tried playing local content from USB drive, but I don't see why there would be a problem.

4 stars. Good product for price.

Iomega 34767 2TB Home NAS Drive Cloud Edition
Iomega 34767 2TB Home NAS Drive Cloud Edition

4.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with it, 5 Mar. 2012
This is my first NAS drive. I needed it to stream movies over my network to another room and provide a backup for the 1.1TB of info I have.

Pros:
-Its very quiet
-Small
-Does exaclty what I want it to over my network
-Was found by my media player instantly as a network drive
-The Iomega Storage Manager interface is very useful and easy to get to grips with
-Cloud system is great. I have even set up a "copy job" from my work pc

Cons:
-Transferring my data over took ages. Even via USB on the front
-When setting up a copy job I can't seem to access data on the root of my PC. Therefore it doesn't find an external hard drive plugged into my PC. Although this might be my error. Need to play around with it more.

Overall it's more or less just what I needed. Assuming it is durable then I'm a happy customer.

Clock Radio with MP3 Alarm - August MB300 - Wake to your Favourite Music from USB and SD or FM Station - Rechargeable Portable Speaker [Wooden]
Offered by Daffodil UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Buy This Product, 11 Jan. 2012
Don't do it.

Yes it's cheap. But mine lasted 2 and a half hours. THE WORST CHRISTMAS PRESENT EVER. All I wanted was a radio! The radio function just stopped working.

I might just buy some wire, an aeriel and a transistor instead.

Waste of time, money and not exactly in my wife's good books after Xmas.

Rock & Roll Hotels
Rock & Roll Hotels
by Greg Simmons

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 3 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Rock & Roll Hotels (Paperback)
After rading about this in the Guardian, I purchased a copy. The author has clearly done his research and the book reads well - the rock n roll narratives are especially interesting. I'm planning a trip to California for next year and this has definitely made me sit up and take notice of a few accommodation choices! Any weekend away in a major city has to be complemented with this book. Recommended.

Joytech HDMI Tri-Link Switcher (PS3)
Joytech HDMI Tri-Link Switcher (PS3)

3.0 out of 5 stars ok but it broke, 12 Sept. 2010
When it works it's good. But it's not made very well. I have had mine about 7 months and the OUT port has malfunctioned meaning the sound is crackly and doesn't work. Its flimsy and has loose connections.